MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great mate really glad I jumped on this when you started the thread.

I also recommend adding a bit of dead sea bath salts to your mix, its optional imo but really helps with even more volume and texture. Also has antifungal properties and seems to lower sebum.
Thanks! Glad you’re getting great results as well. I will get some Dead Sea salts and give it a go as well.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah man back in the day I put alot of sh*t on my head so annoying. Never again. Visste ej du var svensk kul att se.
Jar är inte Svensk, men jag bor och jobba har. :)

I don't put that much sh*t on my head tbh ... just minoxidil and rosemary oil for a few months. But it's already annoying.

Last edited:

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I made a solution with 30% ethanol 70% water.

It contains:

Melatonin 1mg/ml
MSM 100mg/ml
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 75mg/ml

I am going to buy espsom salts for bath and maybe add it to my solution.

I also have a lot of Reduced Glutatione powder but it oxydises very fast so it cannot be used in a solution. I will use in my shampoo.

I am a believer of the antioxidant theory. Reactive oxygen species are a big part of Androgenetic Alopecia and all the compounds i am using are strong antioxidants

Last edited:

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It contains:

Melatonin 1mg/ml
MSM 100mg/ml

I also have a lot of Reduced Glutatione powder but it oxydise very fast so it cannot be used in a solution. I will use in my shampoo.

I am a believer of the antioxidant theory. Reactive oxygen species are a big part of Androgenetic Alopecia and all the compounds i am using are strong antioxidants
I am doing something similar, albeit with more ingredients.

The only study I could find on topical melatonin for hair-loss used a solution of 0.003% melatonin (or about 0.03mg/ml), so your solution of 1mg/ml is very strong on that front. I'm not a chemist or anything, that's just an observation.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am doing something similar, albeit with more ingredients.

The only study I could find on topical melatonin for hair-loss used a solution of 0.003% melatonin (or about 0.03mg/ml), so your solution of 1mg/ml is very strong on that front. I'm not a chemist or anything, that's just an observation.
What ingredients are you using?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It contains:

Melatonin 1mg/ml
MSM 100mg/ml

I also have a lot of Reduced Glutatione powder but it oxydises very fast so it cannot be used in a solution. I will use in my shampoo.

Looks like a strong solution, might look into adding these.

Reg epsom salts. I use 2 magnesium bags, one called epaom salts (mag sulphate)
The other is called magnesium flakes (mag chloride, also used to make magnesium oil)

I Find both very good, It's strange but the magnesium chloride which is exactly what magnesium oil is (magnesium chloride mixed in water) is actually not oily at all and gives more grip and texture imo to epsom salts (mag sulphate)

Both great but if I had to choose sulphate v chloride I'd go for chloride. Both dirt cheap and rightvnext to each other on bath salts self. Dead sea salt also on this Isle and worth adding.

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else getting some sides from high dose MSM. I'm getting increased anxiety, insomnia, occasional nasuea and stomach problems, increased sebum, and the last one which is weird I feel like it's acting as a diuretic I have to pee all the time. I read that MSM is a heavy metal chelator. I've eaten tuna everyday for the past 8 years so maybe all of the mercury in my body is getting thrown about. Its had no effect on my hair I've been using about 20 mg of msm a day for 3 weeks now. Only positive I've seen so far is that my skin is literally perfect.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else getting some sides from high dose MSM. I'm getting increased anxiety, insomnia, occasional nasuea and stomach problems, increased sebum, and the last one which is weird I feel like it's acting as a diuretic I have to pee all the time. I read that MSM is a heavy metal chelator. I've eaten tuna everyday for the past 8 years so maybe all of the mercury in my body is getting thrown about. Its had no effect on my hair I've been using about 20 mg of msm a day for 3 weeks now. Only positive I've seen so far is that my skin is literally perfect.
Get off the Tuna. I have a friend that was eating tuna everyday and started to experience hair loss.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would get off the tuna. My son was on a diet of tuna only for some ungodly reason for weight lifting and got mercury poisoning and now his hip joints are all f k up. I would lower dose to 10g a day or less and re acces in a few weeks.also, what else are you taking? If you’re on prescription meds or taking something off label for Hairloss or other issues it may be having an adverse effect. I would get your mercury levels checked and then resume slowly if health check is ok.

Last edited:

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get increased insomnia and stomach problems too. Not nausea ... every now and then I just sh*t water. Definitely not sleeping much, I think I might down the dose from 15mg to 10mg - 5mg in the morning and 5mg at lunch (and skip the 5mg at dinner I've been having). Spending too much time rolling around in bed wide awake.

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would get off the tuna. My son was on a diet of tuna only for some ungodly reason for weight lifting and got mercury poisoning and now his hip joints are all f k up. I would lower dose to 10g a day or less and re acces in a few weeks.also, what else are you taking? If you’re on prescription meds or taking something off label for Hairloss or other issues it may be having an adverse effect. I would get your mercury levels checked and then resume slowly if health check is ok.
I eat tuna for the same purposes that your son did. It's the perfect lunch for me. I'm dealing with the paradox of more muscle and more hair at the same time. I only take minoxidil and also some vitamins that probably do nothing. I refuse to take finasteride

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get off the Tuna. I have a friend that was eating tuna everyday and started to experience hair loss.

Did he have unpatterned hairloss though? Because I have male pattern baldness I doubt that tuna could've been the cause. I actually attribute most of my loss to taking finasteride years ago believe it or not

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok. I was trying to take the worst pics with my hair combed up showing bare spots. Now with a few shots of concealer and my hair combed down. This is how I go about.
What’s it like without concealer? And where those grey hairs always there?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I eat tuna for the same purposes that your son did. It's the perfect lunch for me. I'm dealing with the paradox of more muscle and more hair at the same time. I only take minoxidil and also some vitamins that probably do nothing. I refuse to take finasteride
Refuse to take finasteride? Then why do I see it in your regimen..