MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is me after ~3 months of minoxidil, nizoral & essential oils. Recently I've also added derma-rolling (1.5mm 1x per week), head-massage (at least 5mins per day) and emu oil. And starting from today, MSM. I only took 5g today, but I'll will keep upping it if I don't get intolerable side-effects and cap out at 20g per day. If I can.

I'll take another photo in the same light at the same angle every few weeks and we'll see if there's any difference at all. :)

Link (I just can't get this forum to accept the image, "server error occurred" every time): https://ibb.co/ScDkfHj

Last edited:

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will be an interesting experiment friend, good luck!
Thanks. :)

I'd love for it to work, don't get me wrong, but I'm pretty skeptical and I've been happily shaving my head for 15+ years. Anyway - fingers crossed. If I can get it to the stage where I can just have a short, masculine "receding" haircut, that would be nice. I know I'll never have a full head of hair again.

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is adding Vitamin C and Molybdenum necessary when supplementing MSM?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've decided to buy MSM from NOW Foods.

Also because I saw MSM included in an Effervescent Tablet called Linctagon for treatment of Cold and Flu. That tablet is a combination of Vitamin A, C, D, Zinc and MSM.

1 tablet contained 400mg of MSM.

So MSM probably helps to boost the immune system and depletes during sickness and probably stress.

I'm going to start off small, 1g oral, don't plan on going more the 4g.

Last edited:

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started on 5g yesterday. I took it at midday, which is when the package arrived and had mild diarrhea about an hour later. But damn ... that insomnia is no joke. Last night was the worst night of sleep I've had in a long time. I reckon I might have picked up two or three hours sleep in 10 and 15 minute bursts here and there. Spent most of the night rolling around and not sleeping. :(

I'll stick with it for a while and hope that side effect eases up a bit. I even took 3mg of melatonin before bed!

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started on 3g's yesterday and I plan to slowly work my way up to 7-8 by the end of the week and then possibly to 10. I'm taking the NOW capsules.

Btw I hope this doesn't cause too much excess body hair cause I'm already a hairy mfer and additional eyebrow or back/shoulder hair would be kinda too much imo.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started on 3g's yesterday and I plan to slowly work my way up to 7-8 by the end of the week and then possibly to 10. I'm taking the NOW capsules.

Btw I hope this doesn't cause too much excess body hair cause I'm already a hairy mfer and additional eyebrow or back/shoulder hair would be kinda too much imo.
LOL! I hope I do get extra hair!

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have experienced some other side effects ... and I'm being serious here ... big, full balls and a seeming constant hard-on during the night.

I don't have much of a problem down-stairs, I'm not on finasteride or anything else like that, but there's been a noticeable "improvement" since starting this stuff ... and it was also instant. Like the first night after taking the first dose I noticed it.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, saving hair and good for downstairs. A magical supp
Ha! Well ... time will tell I guess. I'm not holding out huge amounts of hope. But I'll give it a shot. Nothing to lose.

Slept well last night so upping to 10mg today. 5mg in the morning and 5mg at 2pm.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm struggling to take 4 pills a day right now ... makes my head feel dizzy and weird ... maybe it's just an adjustment, but will try and stick with 4g a day and try and make my way up to 10g per.
How is ur hair doing?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ha! Well ... time will tell I guess. I'm not holding out huge amounts of hope. But I'll give it a shot. Nothing to lose.

Slept well last night so upping to 10mg today. 5mg in the morning and 5mg at 2pm.
Try this . U upp to higher dosage with a glass of sour juice . The next day u will notice difference in hair

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have experienced some other side effects ... and I'm being serious here ... big, full balls and a seeming constant hard-on during the night.

I don't have much of a problem down-stairs, I'm not on finasteride or anything else like that, but there's been a noticeable "improvement" since starting this stuff ... and it was also instant. Like the first night after taking the first dose I noticed it.
Yes the effect seems to be instant the first time I tried it . It was also same with the fish oil supplements with gla I tried

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes! I was going to post similar, but thought I'd get a little ridiculed. It's like a mild v****. Also feeling a lot more energy generally. Am on ~20g a day for about 5 weeks. Hair maybe a little thicker / healthier.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt it since my hair is buzzed no. 0.

How could it make any difference in one day?
U will experience the popping effect of the hair when u touch it ( like a more fuller feeling than the sparse feeling u previously had)...basically yr hair is growing every single minute ....but something like DHT suppresses it all the time. this is the reason why those who have thinning hair experience shortened cycles or slow hair growth e.g. before male pattern baldness i needed to visit the barber every month.. now that has become every 2 months.

This also explains why when starting a supplement u suddenly experience something instant because the DHT mechnism that has been working on yr hair is suddenly interrupted.

Last edited:

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
U will experience the popping effect of the hair when u touch it ( like a more fuller feeling than the sparse feeling u previously had)...basically yr hair is growing every single minute ....but something like DHT suppresses it all the time. this is the reason why those who have thinning hair experience shortened cycles or slow hair growth e.g. before male pattern baldness i needed to visit the barber every month.. now that has become every 2 months.

This also explains why when starting a supplement u suddenly experience something instant because the DHT mechnism that has been working on yr hair is suddenly interrupted.

There's no evidence or literature that states MSM has anything to do with DHT.
You keep making stuff up..

We're not entirely sure yet on it's mechanism of action.

Last edited:

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Once the hair has grown, it's not going to change much I don't believe. Nor is anything going to make new hair sprout in a few days. That is dependant on a months long cycle. I suspect the posters claiming that in this thread just got a bit enthusiastic and spotted a few faint hairs they didn't see before.

At least that's my understanding. Happy to be proven wrong. I've taken extremely clear and close up photos from day 1. So we'll see in a few weeks.