MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nearly a week in, no side effects at all?? so I've upped to 12mg (12 pills) a day. I just wonder the purity of the brand I'm using.. since I notice no change - no headaches/insomnia/nausea that some users report
I haven't had much either. 1 night of bad sleep and diarrhea once. Both could have been coincidental.

It's hard to imagine anyone would bother shipping "fake" MSM. It's cheap and readily available. There would be little to no point.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I had been keeping track and light hairs grew after starting MSM, they are longer now. What is possible is that they had shed before and MSM just sped up their growth. It's also possible they had been miniaturized recently, and MSM increases the hair strand volume
Well, fingers crossed. I'll find out in a month I guess.

How much are you taking?

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are days when I have trouble walking at work because I've got a constant boner. Not that it's uncontrollable like a v**** pill or something just depends who I'm texting at the time and what the situation is like with the women
Haha. I hear you brother,.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read some horror stories about MSM. It's true or just guys superdosing it?
I am also interested. Everything I've read about it is that it's an extremely safe, non-toxic supplement that is very well tolerated because your body naturally produces it and it's also abundant in many foods. (so you basically have to "super dose" it anyway).

Don't forget, the hair-loss community is full of paranoid hypochondriacs.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the MSM content of the solution you guys apply topically?

The one I bought has 40mg of MSM per ml (and 50mg of magnesium).

It's 118ml bottle - which means the bottle contains almost 5gm of dissolved MSM. It also means that it's about 0.04% MSM. Which seems kind of weak ... although I wouldn't have a clue as I have no clue what the optimal dosage might be.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I am certainly not paranoid hypochondriac.

In December I made two adjustments to my regime:

- reduce 2.5 avodart to 0.5 for around 10 days
- use 7.5 mg daily of MSM

When I added the MSM I noticed my skin became better, but oily, started to have light speed growing dimples, and a lot of shedding.

I noticed this immediately and I was disconcerting because I couldn't believe that my hairloss would start to progress just because I reduce what's already an absurdly high dose of Avodart, and also it didn't make much sense to me how MSM could be causing my shedding as I've never seen bad reports?

I played safe and dropped the MSM and updated my dose of avodart back to 2.5. I told myself that I wasn't gonna be using this useless supplement for life anyway so might as well just drop it now.

I cannot guarantee the MSM did damage to me, although the signs were there with oily skin and sebum....
it is impossible
and why 2.5mg of duta it is idiot

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no evidence or literature that states MSM has anything to do with DHT.
You keep making stuff up..

We're not entirely sure yet on it's mechanism of action.

Once the hair has grown, it's not going to change much I don't believe. Nor is anything going to make new hair sprout in a few days. That is dependant on a months long cycle. I suspect the posters claiming that in this thread just got a bit enthusiastic and spotted a few faint hairs they didn't see before.

At least that's my understanding. Happy to be proven wrong. I've taken extremely clear and close up photos from day 1. So we'll see in a few weeks.
There is no evidence in literature yes i agree.. i am just stating my stating my personal observations when using this stuff. it does something to hair but i am not sure how.
yes i a aware that hair once grown is not going to change except shed. what i meant was that during this cycle, of growing hair is growing all the time. DHT is just shortening this cycle

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i bought MSM supplement with C vitamin
I want to know if MSM is very nice for the hair ? in which dosage ? and what do you think MSM for Androgenetic Alopecia ?
are there some utilisators os MSM here ? thanks

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I am certainly not paranoid hypochondriac.

In December I made two adjustments to my regime:

- reduce 2.5 avodart to 0.5 for around 10 days
- use 7.5 mg daily of MSM

When I added the MSM I noticed my skin became better, but oily, started to have light speed growing dimples, and a lot of shedding.

I noticed this immediately and I was disconcerting because I couldn't believe that my hairloss would start to progress just because I reduce what's already an absurdly high dose of Avodart, and also it didn't make much sense to me how MSM could be causing my shedding as I've never seen bad reports?

I played safe and dropped the MSM and updated my dose of avodart back to 2.5. I told myself that I wasn't gonna be using this useless supplement for life anyway so might as well just drop it now.

I cannot guarantee the MSM did damage to me, although the signs were there with oily skin and sebum....
it is strange that u experienced this effects. What experienced was different. There was a lot of sebum reduction , itch reduction and oil reduction n my scalp after taking MSM. it is likely that the reduction of the avodart caused yr shedding.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i bought MSM supplement with C vitamin
I want to know if MSM is very nice for the hair ? in which dosage ? and what do you think MSM for Androgenetic Alopecia ?
are there some utilisators os MSM here ? thanks
scroll up and read the posts. yes it works best with vit C. But also include other DHT inhibitors