MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It makes a difference because loniten tablets are coated tablets for a reason so it can go through the GI tract and reach the stomach intact and unspoiled and undistributed and finally reach the liver where it all turns into minoxidil sulfate.
but the drops you put disintegrate in your capsule? do you have good results? How much oral minoxidil do you use with drops ?

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It makes a difference because loniten tablets are coated tablets for a reason so it can go through the GI tract and reach the stomach intact and unspoiled and undistributed and finally reach the liver where it all turns into minoxidil sulfate.
Understood. I wonder if you are getting better absorption that I. This is where the whole sublingual efficacy discussion comes in but there does not seem to be a consensus yet.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know. It's totally not fair. I lurk here with guys who really want what I have. I'm 56 and head hair is as good as it was when I was 10. Really hard to tell if the MSM has made it thicker. It's easier to see on my face - beard and eyebrows - which are getting thicker.
can i have a picture please ?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Understood. I wonder if you are getting better absorption that I. This is where the whole sublingual efficacy discussion comes in but there does not seem to be a consensus yet.
Well I got my gelatin capsules off amazon got like 500, lasts you 500 days and is cheap. Or ebay.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

but the drops you put disintegrate in your capsule? do you have good results? How much oral minoxidil do you use with drops ?
You close up the capsule it takes Long time for the alcohol in the minoxidil to melt the gelatin capsule. Check my regiment. I use 12.5mg which is 10 drops. 0.25ml.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You close up the capsule it takes Long time for the alcohol in the minoxidil to melt the gelatin capsule. Check my regiment. I use 12.5mg which is 10 drops. 0.25ml.
5 the morning and 5 the evening right ?
and what about your hair results ?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 the morning and 5 the evening right ?
and what about your hair results ?
No i use it once a day it can give u bloated face otherwise and most use once a day, it is said that its out of your system in in a few hours but the vasolidation effect minoxidil causes can linger for many more hours. I havent been on minoxidill long enough to notice anything.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I am certainly not paranoid hypochondriac.

In December I made two adjustments to my regime:

- reduce 2.5 avodart to 0.5 for around 10 days
- use 7.5 mg daily of MSM

When I added the MSM I noticed my skin became better, but oily, started to have light speed growing dimples, and a lot of shedding.

I noticed this immediately and I was disconcerting because I couldn't believe that my hairloss would start to progress just because I reduce what's already an absurdly high dose of Avodart, and also it didn't make much sense to me how MSM could be causing my shedding as I've never seen bad reports?

I played safe and dropped the MSM and updated my dose of avodart back to 2.5. I told myself that I wasn't gonna be using this useless supplement for life anyway so might as well just drop it now.

I cannot guarantee the MSM did damage to me, although the signs were there with oily skin and sebum....

I'm no expert on anti DHT drugs but dropping avodart then upping again looks certain to have been what's changed your shedding as almost everyone on this thread has had reduced shedding using MSM.

Regarding sebum production, again all the literature I can find shows MSM reduces production - (MSM has the ability to reduce inflammation. Inflammation causes an increase in sebum production, hence MSM defuses the domino effect and decreases the bodies acidity and therefore reduces the stimulation of excess oil production.)

Maybe try MSM without messing with your meds and see if it helps.

Reactions: 300

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No i use it once a day it can give u bloated face otherwise and most use once a day, it is said that its out of your system in in a few hours but the vasolidation effect minoxidil causes can linger for many more hours. I havent been on minoxidill long enough to notice anything.
since how many times ?

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm no expert on anti DHT drugs but dropping avodart then upping again looks certain to have been what's changed your shedding as almost everyone on this thread has had reduced shedding using MSM.

Regarding sebum production, again all the literature I can find shows MSM reduces production - (MSM has the ability to reduce inflammation. Inflammation causes an increase in sebum production, hence MSM defuses the domino effect and decreases the bodies acidity and therefore reduces the stimulation of excess oil production.)

Maybe try MSM without messing with your meds and see if it helps.
you have nice results with MSM ?

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you have nice results with MSM ?
It's too early to say exactly how effective MSM is for my hair. My hair feels fuller but I've also been taking and applying magnesium in various forms.

What I would say is that I have considerably less shedding since starting 5-10g MSM per day, starting around 2 months ago.

My hair, skin and joints are all improved (no inflammation or joint pain after working long shifts or after a workout).

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
it will better if you do 5mg morning and evening and not just 12.5mg directly
I know a guy that used 6mg once daily and regrew his hairline. Not many use it twice daily orally and i wont do it. Big dose is also good it goes through the body better and hits the folicles better, also minoxidill reduces collagen production. I want my body to have a chance to produce collagen so once a day is good for me. You dont even use oral minoxidill you lack experience. I know the side effects of it.

Last edited:

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know a guy that used 6mg once daily and regrew his hairline. Not many use it twice daily orally and i wont do it. Big dose is also good it goes through the body better and hits the folicles better, also minoxidill reduces collagen production. I want my body to have a chance to produce collagen so once a day is good for me. You dont even use oral minoxidill you lack experience. I know the side effects of it.
i use minoxidil in tablet, 5 to 10mg everyday

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's too early to say exactly how effective MSM is for my hair. My hair feels fuller but I've also been taking and applying magnesium in various forms.

What I would say is that I have considerably less shedding since starting 5-10g MSM per day, starting around 2 months ago.

My hair, skin and joints are all improved (no inflammation or joint pain after working long shifts or after a workout).
I got that spray that I posted earlier on ... damn it stings when I spray it on! And my head throbs.