MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update— itch is still gone. Hairs looking good and feels strong AF. Shedding seems to have increased a little, but I’m trying not too read too much into it. As long as the itch is gone— I think I’m in better shape. Hairs continue to turn terminal along hairline. Side note: nice starting MSM a month ago— my bench press has gone up 20 pounds, squats 35 pounds, and I look better. This stuff is fantastic for health I feel.
Just out of curiosity what kind of workout are you running?

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So far my 10 grams daily seems to have either stagnated at boosting my initially awoken velluses or I need more but I'm hesitant to increase. You really have to restock frequently. That said, may soon begin 15g spread into three servings throughout the day. However, with others on larger doses and longer history seemingly at the same results, I think we all just might need more time after all.

Either that or we've just found something excellent at helping dormant follicles resurface and be ready for stronger stuff like oral min to eventually thrive on, and also getting an excellent healthy scalp environment for again, other stronger stuff. Which is still very impressive mind you. Time will tell.

Big A

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update: I finished my stack of MSM since a week and im still waiting on the new delivery. Since today I am noticing a lot of hairs falling of the top of my head. Other then that my stomach is pretty upset and I have mild diarrhea, but that might also be due to eating something wrong.
How is it going?

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update: I finished my stack of MSM since a week and im still waiting on the new delivery. Since today I am noticing a lot of hairs falling of the top of my head. Other then that my stomach is pretty upset and I have mild diarrhea, but that might also be due to eating something wrong.
How is it going?
I have noticed irregular bowel movements since starting the MSM. I am normally like clockwork with no GI issues, but I now get occasional lower GI issues (not stomach upset) and have feeling of need to go even when there is not any to come out.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Started oral MSM but keen to know if topical can work - has anyone found any research that confirms if will be absorped into the skin (ideally if under 500 daltons)? Thanks

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have noticed irregular bowel movements since starting the MSM. I am normally like clockwork with no GI issues, but I now get occasional lower GI issues (not stomach upset) and have feeling of need to go even when there is not any to come out.

MSM has an anti-parasitic effect which it has calmed my bowels down after some initial turmoil. :)

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: More vellus popping up. Dosage is caped at 40 g. Sleep is fine. I’m up another 10 pounds on my deadlift (wooohoooo) and my bench is up 15 more pounds. I honestly feel that I will take this supp for the rest of my life regardless of hair.

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: More vellus popping up. Dosage is caped at 40 g. Sleep is fine. I’m up another 10 pounds on my deadlift (wooohoooo) and my bench is up 15 more pounds. I honestly feel that I will take this supp for the rest of my life regardless of hair.
U on anything else,keep the regrowth coming mate

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A few quick pics to update. Letting it grow out a bit.

Attachments

• B3D14B58-F876-452A-80B2-41AAC6794034.jpeg
    B3D14B58-F876-452A-80B2-41AAC6794034.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 250
  • 4CE549A2-C14F-4359-906A-FC43446F2B27.jpeg
    4CE549A2-C14F-4359-906A-FC43446F2B27.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 42D8338B-10BE-4397-8710-CBC3E16D22C0.jpeg
    42D8338B-10BE-4397-8710-CBC3E16D22C0.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 255

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just started msm yesterday using 1 TBSP in morning 1 TBSP in evening along with teaspoon of vitamin c well see

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@CastorTroy i would recommend keep the 2nd tbsp as early as possible in the evening to avoid sleep interruption, i try to cut off at 6pm

@Isneezedsohard have you noticed anything on scalp tension since msm?
Weirdly my scalp feels looser. But dunno if I’m hallucinating. Also, I had a derm apt, and spur of the moment got prp. Shedding like f*** again now. I hope it’s only temporary lol.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which supplement u are referring to

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m kind of excited. I never felt whiskers growing all over before with either finasteride or minoxidil. It actually feels the way it felt in the areas like when my transplant hair was growing in. I will post more pics of course if it really grows my veilius hairs terminal or at least the frontal ones coming in look much darker which if nothing else will shade my white scalp. Thanks for the article.
I have Been on msm for 18 months. I can say it makes the frontal darker and more stable

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have been on omega 3 fish oils and GLA + MSM

I know they seem to do something but slowly... WHile making things more stable . thats how i can describe it
1 or 2 hairs in the frontline has grown superlong.my guess is that these hairs were in the growing phase and due to the regimen they got a boost...the rest of the hairs could be in other stages

Besides these are good for the body as well.... one of them is that they are good body temperature regulators...this could mean that they are good vasodilators that open (dilate) blood vessels

Paqua

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got headaches and lightheadedness from 10g MSM per day, so I reduced to 5g per day and will try to build the dosage up to 10g again