MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About 3 or more weeks on msm whenever since this thread started??? So far Increased libido ,body hair ,leaner...no regrowth yet, zero shedding,darker hair,hair looks more stronger ,no dandruff...I take a couple of tea spoons in distilled water(don't know how many grams this is) plus spraying on scalp.. could be a double edged sword this regimen increased testosterone while others factors benifet hair and body..dht blocker may be needed
So good to hear this. I am about two weeks into using MSM in conjunction with oral Minoxidil and I'm seeing lots of new body hair growth. Head hair and beard are very thick. It seems to turbocharge this effect of Minoxidil. Please keep us updated on progress.

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone come accross similar data on absorption of msm?
@OtyMac do you know the basis of what you quote about Stanley Jacob 30gm?
there is a lot of doses thrown around in that pdf...

When it opens the page then scroll down a few paragraphs...

https://books.google.com/books?id=N...OBS 30 GRAMS MSM PER DAY FOR 20 YEARS&f=false

Last edited:

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just checking in and reading some of the comments to other commentators. So glad that I have encouraged others to try and get the results that I have. I’m still getting thicker coverage and will post pics in a week or so. Just so no one goes nuts with msm or takes my comments of “ push through” on the initial headaches. I would have never had results had I not pushed through and I just wanted to let them know that at least in my case, they subside and then the growth begins. Also, of course, if you’re taking other meds, prescribed, illegal, have mental issues ir drugs to make you sane, don’t try without doctors advice would be my advice. Also, take msm as part of a well balanced diet along with a great multi mineral/vitamin. I recommend tangy tangerine 2.0 drink mix. Now let’s keep growing this mfng hair!

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I made a topical with 100mg/ml of MSM in water. Going to apply 5ml all over my scalp. What do you think?
I do similar, have msm Topical mixed with topical magnesium oil. The only thing I would say is straight msm and water topical can have a bit of a drying affect on your hair. Not seen an increase in shedding (shedding is still very low) but added the magnesium as it's more nourishing to hairstrands in my experience and was already using magnesium oil before I started msm.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So good to hear this. I am about two weeks into using MSM in conjunction with oral Minoxidil and I'm seeing lots of new body hair growth. Head hair and beard are very thick. It seems to turbocharge this effect of Minoxidil. Please keep us updated on progress.
How long have you been using oral min?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
MSM works best if taken with vitamic C , lemon/orange juice ect . it should work better with EPA/DHA/GLA combined

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also I'm going to go full retard on the bloodflow aspect, I ordered these to further dilate the blood vessels. 4 month supply, after which I will find out of hair recovery through blood supply is a meme. Might supplement this with regular l - arginine pills since it's only 1g

Sodium nitrite is cheaper than dirt too and probably somewhat an OTC minoxidil mimetic. Low oxygen tension conditions like Androgenetic Alopecia it would probably work IMHO. It should work orally and topically. This may be a "work around molecule" for those who fail with topical minoxidil because of lack of SULT 1A1 enzyme.

"The nitrite anion is a vasodilator in vivo by generating NO in tissues with low oxygen tension and pH, conditions that are likely present in chronic wounds."

Topical sodium nitrite, providing nitrite anions, is a vasodilator in vivo by generating nitric oxide (NO) in tissues with lower oxygen tension and pH.[9] This mechanism involves human hemoglobin and myoglobin as oxygen and pH dependent nitrite reductases, and sodium nitrite as the substrate for NO generation. When applied topically to the wound, sodium nitrite produces NO locally and promotes vasodilation. Additionally, NO may aid wound healing by stimulating extracellular matrix production, immune response modulation, and keratinocyte proliferation.[10

All molecules are drugs whether you get them OTC or thru a pharmacy they all have effects on the human body. Just because you can purchase something on ebay doesn't mean you casually toss down a tablespoon every now and then. There have been deaths from sodium nitrite but they were intentionally trying to harm themselves with ridiculous doses.

If I were to take sodium nitrite orally it would be at milligrams per day or less to see what potency it has on me. Topically would be a safer alternative and a smaller dose could be used in case anything got systemic(it will).

After relocation to the intensive care unit, his consciousness improved and he could recall ingesting approximately __15 GRAMS__ sodium nitrite about 1 hour before he was brought to our hospital.

Last edited:

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topically it sounds great, just not too sure about it because orally it's such a common thing and doesn't have a lot of healthy aspects tied to it- like it's said to promote heart disease and diabetes. I do want some kind of cream to boost target areas like the crown and temples. Right now My strategy is to just keep dilating the vessels and maybe promote angiogenesis with microneedling. In fact, the fact that microneedling helps people would suggest growing new blood vessels through wound healing actually does grow hair, and it's not just an increased absorption thing

I believe blood flow might help restore diffuse, like that anecdote you linked where the guy was on l-arginine and topical spironolactone for years and only recovered after MSM. Some people say topical spironolactone is useless because it needs to be processed in the liver so that leaves us with a guy who restored his hair using two good vasodilators.

Yah...I don't think sodium nitrite would be worth experimenting with orally. I still haven't really changed my ideas about trying to vasodilate the sides of the scalp because that is where the superior temporal artery is which supplies the scalp with blood. If something is going on with the STA then all the treatments applied to the top of the scalp will be futile.

Two things listed in the identical twins hairloss study that caused hairloss are vasoconstrictors(smoking/nicotine and caffeine)
Topical caffeine has good potential because of its anti-androgen effects but do we need the vasoconstriction? That probably is thee reason caffeine roughly is a do nothing topical because of competing factors.

Sodium nitrite topical dose for experimenting with:

"Optimal effects on improving wound healing were observed with cream concentrations of 3.0% (w/v) sodium nitrite and 4.5% (w/v) citric acid. Starting application on day 5 after wounding had no effect on the rate or extent of wound healing.

In diabetic Lepr db/db mice, starting treatment at day 2 after wounding, acidified nitrite at>> 3.0% (w/v) sodium nitrite and 4.5% (w/v) citric acid<< significantly increased the rate and extent of wound healing. This suggests that acidified nitrite is effective in improving wound healing against a diabetic background. The present data shows that acidified nitrite cream, a clinically effective means of topically delivering nitric oxide, augments the wound healing process and may be of clinical benefit.

Last edited:

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topically it sounds great, just not too sure about it because orally it's such a common thing and doesn't have a lot of healthy aspects tied to it- like it's said to promote heart disease and diabetes. I do want some kind of cream to boost target areas like the crown and temples. Right now My strategy is to just keep dilating the vessels and maybe promote angiogenesis with microneedling. In fact, the fact that microneedling helps people would suggest growing new blood vessels through wound healing actually does grow hair, and it's not just an increased absorption thing

I believe blood flow might help restore diffuse, like that anecdote you linked where the guy was on l-arginine and topical spironolactone for years and only recovered after MSM. Some people say topical spironolactone is useless because it needs to be processed in the liver so that leaves us with a guy who restored his hair using two good vasodilators.

We also need to distinguish between de novo synthesis of new hair follicles vs just reviving old hair follicles. There is much gray area to be figured out and what exactly do hypertrichotic drugs do? Do they create new hair follicles? That is why it is hard to pin down on what is happening in Androgenetic Alopecia.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had no problem in realm of sleep. My workout continue to be better. Hair results are slowing down a bit so I’m upping dosage to 35 grams. Wish me luck
You’ll be on 100g by summer lol
Apparently MSM builds up overtime so megadosing could be pointless anyway?

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm running 3x12gm with 2x5gm castor & 1x1mg duta just addded, plus the other irrelevant stuff, what's your regime?
Full? Get ready for a doozy:
dutasteride, RU, Oral Min, Topical finasteride+Min, Microneedling, MSM, Topical Estrogen, LLLT, Nizoral, Conditioners, Bunch of supplements. I can list all the supplements, but it would take a long time to list them all.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Full? Get ready for a doozy:
dutasteride, RU, Oral Min, Topical finasteride+Min, Microneedling, MSM, Topical Estrogen, LLLT, Nizoral, Conditioners, Bunch of supplements. I can list all the supplements, but it would take a long time to list them all.
Close this thread down lol

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, why even use MSM? If that regimen isn't enough it's over and nothing will help you besides transplants.
You realise if he can't maintain on Dutasteride and he claims high doses of MSM is helping him then MSM could potentially make a difference?

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah check out my back literally terminal hairs building up in number, growing about the same rate as the hairs on my head. Not gonna lie kinda want to microneedle the area and apply minoxidil there to get a fur patch on my upper back
This is what is happening to my hands, arms, and shoulders -- looks like existing hairs are thickening up and lengthening one-by-one.