MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably. There was even talk in the MSM book about how MSM clears out intestinal parasites. Getting rid of inflammation is just going to be more healthy for us. There is a good topic to research called inflammaging. It has been stated that if we could control inflammation then disease progression would essentially halt and not just talking about Androgenetic Alopecia either.

Find the thread about nlrp3 and many drugs which work to an extent also just happen to work thru inhibiting nlrp3. Research MSM and nlrp3 which it inhibits. MSM apparently doesn't work that great topically without some penetration enhancer which that book mentioned mixing with aloe vera(which is a penetration enhancer) which also inhibits nlrp3. Well known in medicine for 100 years that cocktail treatments attacking many angles just work better as the cell cannot defend by feedback as well.

Thanks for the info. Will check it out

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also look at this:

I believe there was some effect by Dr. Stanley Jacobs at using 30 grams per day in maintaining his hair and zero gray.
Why would a Dr. who studied this molecule for every day of his life almost use 30 grams per day? He had something figured out..

I also found out MSM is a Cox-2 inhibitor as is keto and aloe vera. Cox-2 inhibitors also do what? Block nlrp3 formation.

Reactions: 300

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also look at this:

I believe there was some effect by Dr. Stanley Jacobs at using 30 grams per day in maintaining his hair and zero gray.
Why would a Dr. who studied this molecule for every day of his life almost use 30 grams per day? He had something figured out..

I also found out MSM is a Cox-2 inhibitor as is keto and aloe vera. Cox-2 inhibitors also do what? Block nlrp3 formation.
Well I’m gonna stick with what’s showing results. 10k mg msm a day along with the finasteride a few times a week and once a week nizoral and rogain foam 1-2 a day. Scalp feels awesome, tiny hairs in spots that have been bare for years and lower leg hair growing back. Some headache and random insomnia I can deal with lol.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
P
topical msm irritated my skin somewhat.

i have used nominal oral msm before (<3gm/day) so i am curious on the higher dose (>10gm/day)

thanks for sharing, when you've been at this for a little while, shedding and scalp itch provide much faster feedback than is given credit for.
in my case, i am working through various things, with various unique requirements (e.g. minoxidil messes up my 5k run times) but the funny thing is that so long as i am doing something (backed by evidence, not quacks), it has never gotten worse (it suddenly took off and crown scalp became visible 2-3 years ago), and has possibly improved slightly (crown doesn't bother me anymore). i also have strong balding bloodlines :)
the only topical I’m using is rogain foam. Wasn’t
It’s sulphur so get ready to stink
Actually my sh*t don’t stink as much lol I kid you not.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the side effects of this thing?

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A life span of 91 years and zero gray hair and
The LD50 is 17 grams/KG. LD50 is what dose would kill 50% of the people. If you weighed 80KG then 80*17 = 1360 GRAMS.
The high dose Dr. Jabobs took at 30 grams(for 20 years) was still far short of that.

Look at the RDA for vitamin c is 90 mg/day. The RDA is figured just above what level just to stay above getting sick(scurvy). This is not the optimal dose for health and most know to take more than that. The same thing with MSM. Is the dosage just at what pain subsides like they did in arthritis studies the optimal dose? The studies on arthritis used around 3 grams per day.

MSM probably synergizes well with glucosamine sulfate but GC has reports of either insulin resistance or damaging the pancreas. MSM probably also likewise synergizes well with chondroitin sulfate but was never tested together. CS also has reports of growing hair.

Last edited:

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how do you know he didn't wear a wig?

i have been on 2-3gm/day of CS for 6 months+, 1gm/day for 3 years+, what dose/frequency does the hair growth kick in?
In his later years, he IDK looked 80ish and he still had most of his hair(- a chunk of his temples missing) and still black. If he was wearing a wig or dying his hair at least he kept it the same color all his life and thinned the wig out towards the end of his life.

This is all I have on it:

Last edited:

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: 300

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's not hype it up too much until we all get spontaneous bristling hairlings after a month or two of treatment. I'm all for it and its super anti inflammatory effects, but fat chance it'll prove effective. The OP photos alone make it seem better than minoxidil which is a little too good to be true. One thing I think OP might have done right is considered the half life of the drug, can't imagine too many people out there taking MSM twice a day to keep it effective.

Also keep in mind them bottles say "DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE" meaning there ought to be some sides
Hairs still coming in and no sides as of yet other than the headaches that I got for like the first week. I read that is the body getting rid of toxins and to push thru. Insomnia also so don’t take before bedtime. I sleep well now but was taking a dose before bedtime. My hair on lower legs still growing back also.just ordered some turmeric curcumin. Also an anti inflammatory. Gonna dose that also. I think this anti inflammatory is the route for me at least. Still gonna stick with regimen. Min-rogain. Don’t wanna fck up these gains.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a super close up I took of the patch between transplant hair and native that has been bare and getting worse before starting MSM. tinted pic a little for better clarity. So far so good!

Attachments

• 9C1F49D6-83CC-4D14-B249-3246A52EEC51.jpeg
    9C1F49D6-83CC-4D14-B249-3246A52EEC51.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 302

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good in theory but I assume by tinted Pic you mean you're darkening it by contrast? Darker hairs look firmer and fuller, although you did say they felt scrapy so that's nice, means they aren't just limp vellus hairs
Yes just adjust contrast. If you look really close you can actually see hairs that are still under the skin not sprouting thru yet.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
day 4. now split to 3x4gm with 3x1gm ascorbic acid. not noticed any change. will report back at 1 month.
I didn’t notice much till like 3 weeks in but wasn’t really expecting hair growth or I might have been a little more attentive. But keep it up! I’m still feeling new whiskers in the back of head and hair coming in darker.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
day 4. now split to 3x4gm with 3x1gm ascorbic acid. not noticed any change. will report back at 1 month.
Do you have any scalp itch before starting and if so it only took like 2 days to rid me of mine and haven’t had an itch since. Also are you getting headaches?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not anymore grandpa, MSM is indeed derived from DMSO which used to give people body odor and bad breath but think of MSM like the modern, improved compound
Yea no body odor here. I feel energized and more healthy

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not anymore grandpa, MSM is indeed derived from DMSO which used to give people body odor and bad breath but think of MSM like the modern, improved compound
Are you also trying the msm regimen?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah for sure I'm starting to think your results are not some random success but that there's more logic behind it than I previously thought. A lot of what you say lines up with the information that's out there, such as your side effects. There's nothing worst than headaches, insomnia, or diarrhea listed as a possible side effect. It's a highly untested substance too, like it's mentioned as safe to take 5g daily so doubling that shouldn't be too dangerous

But here's the broad picture that I think makes sense, MSM and other joint medications are supposed to work by relaxing and rebuilding connective tissue. There is connective tissue beneath the scalp, the reticular, encasing the hair follicles. So maybe if the scalp calcification theory is correct (hair loss rooted in the hardening and stiffening of the scalp), then this kind of medication would make sense by relaxing the layer surrounding our follicles? I don't know, it's not a very scientific view more like trying to connect dots.

But like minoxidil, MSM is said to enhance blood circulation
Yea I also started taking not only for the scalp itch but also I’ve had lower back and shoulder pain that would put me down and that has become a lot less noticeable. I think it’s the inflammation angle that is also hitting. Msm reduces or maybe at higher doses eliminates it. Maybe follicles are inflamed and choking off circulation and reduce follicle size slowly but surely? No diarrhea here but the insomnia and headaches yes.only for like the first 1.5 weeks for the headaches. No longer.

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah for sure I'm starting to think your results are not some random success but that there's more logic behind it than I previously thought. A lot of what you say lines up with the information that's out there, such as your side effects. There's nothing worst than headaches, insomnia, or diarrhea listed as a possible side effect. It's a highly untested substance too, like it's mentioned as safe to take 5g daily so doubling that shouldn't be too dangerous

But here's the broad picture that I think makes sense, MSM and other joint medications are supposed to work by relaxing and rebuilding connective tissue. There is connective tissue beneath the scalp, the reticular, encasing the hair follicles. So maybe if the scalp calcification theory is correct (hair loss rooted in the hardening and stiffening of the scalp), then this kind of medication would make sense by relaxing the layer surrounding our follicles? I don't know, it's not a very scientific view more like trying to connect dots.

But like minoxidil, MSM is said to enhance blood circulation

Ding..ding..ding, we have a winner.

Look at what chondroitin sulfate did in Dr. Morrison's use of it. It cleaned out the arteries and restored them to like as clean as an infants. Oh BTW, atherosclerosis can start very early in life.

My brother died of a heart attack and the doctor said his carotid was completely plugged and he had almost no hairloss.

The trigger for male pattern baldness is still lack of circulation though I'm almost certain for those genetically "blessed" to carry the 5AR2 genetics and my brother did not have the 5AR2 genetics. The lack of circulation has been shown to trigger dht in the scalp(botox study). The dht triggers ROS which trigger the NLPR3 inflammation pathway.

Lack of circulation ALWAYS PRECEDES lack of function.

There are essentially 3 ways to restore hair:

1) deal with dht at the follicles which give off ROS either by scavenging ROS or stopping dht in the first place
2) deal with atherosclerosis like chondrotin sulfate did so the lack of circulation doesn't cause dht to upregulate.. Not many drugs probably regress plaques enough to effect hair growth and restoring circulation. There is blood to the scalp but just not like it was prior, the botox study showed that.
3) forget about what is causing the ROS and just somehow block NLRP3 which will set off the bomb of cytokines.

There is a puzzling study around somewhere of a 80 year old man who after 6 years started regrowing hair all over his scalp with oral spironolactone. This was not a direct anti-androgen effect on the hair or it would have happened much sooner. Did it take 6 years to reverse the plaques in his arteries to where normal blood flow was restored. This also explains why spironolactone isn't so great topically and does wonders when taken orally. This also explains why low dose minoxidil given orally is far below a blood pressure dose and could be reversing atheroscerosis.

Topics to search further:

anything that reverses wrinkles will also work some for hairloss because presumably wrinkles are because of damaged mitochondria.

anything that reverses chronic fatigue will also work in male pattern baldness if Dr. Shengu's is correct on circulation drives mitchondria failure or success.

Last edited:

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course it's all just talk until at least one more person here gets results. I ordered a few bottles but they haven't arrived yet, so I started on glucosamine +MSM (1.5g of each in the pills) that they sold in the local store. Both drugs are supposed to help for joint mobility and I'm starting on 4 pills morning 4 pills evening

Myself I've been on Finasteride for 3 years and oral minoxidil for 7 months, the usual slow steady diffuse no significant improvement

Glucosamine sulfate is sketchy because some have claims it causes hairloss?