MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, niacin reduces the level of cholesterol, which, when accumulated in the vessels, clogs them, creating obstacles to the flow of blood through the veins and arteries (In general, balding men have a higher risk of cardiovascular disease, there is enough research on this topic.). It also has a positive effect on the nervous system, which, as you know, is damaged in all balding people, in general, cortisol has a negative effect on hair. About dgt, you can block it with finasteride.

If you have itching, use it as an indicator, if something starts to help you, you will determine it by how the itching stops bothering you and vice versa.
my itching stopped a few yers after MBP started for me... around 20 years ago in 2001 male pattern baldness started.

Since then i havent totally lost it... just thinning... Recently after staring MSM and fish oil itching is not present.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my itching stopped a few yers after MBP started for me... around 20 years ago in 2001 male pattern baldness started.

Since then i havent totally lost it... just thinning... Recently after staring MSM and fish oil itching is not present.
Are there any changes in the hair while taking omega 3 and MSM and are you taking finasteride or minoxidil?
When you started to go bald, was there any event before that? Perhaps an injury, infection, etc?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any changes in the hair while taking omega 3 and MSM and are you taking finasteride or minoxidil?
When you started to go bald, was there any event before that? Perhaps an injury, infection, etc?
Yes there are changes improvements to hair growth and texture and feel .....no fina or minoxidil. There was no significant event before balding. Except that I realized inwas suffering from severe inflammation syndrome in my late teens

Last edited:

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes there are changes improvements to hair growth and texture and feel .....no fina or minoxidil. There was no significant event before balding. Except that I realized inwas suffering from severe inflammation syndrome in my late teens
If you have improvements without finasteride and minoxidil, I guess you got rid of a secondary factor that enhances the effect of DHT. You can also add a low dose of finasteride and see how it works. If you don't want to deal with finasteride, try adding ZIX for the experiment, there is a big topic about it on the forum.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought the point of taking niacin was to have the flush? That’s the actual vasodilation. Are there guys here who are only taking the “no flush” version?
That's what I wanted to ask. What's the difference between this and flush version

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting. This is the first time I'm hearing of this as a viable treatment so I have some questions for those who have gone down this path:

What is the optimal dosing for achieving results? Any negative health consequences in the long run from supplementing this daily and on higher doses? Am I to understand that this will only help those who suffer from non-androgenetic alopecia as it doesn't really do anything about DHT, but rather fixes inflammation? Which means that for those who do not take finasteride/dutasteride or any other DHT blocker, they're pretty much still screwed? Is this somehow different for diffuse thinners?
Yes correct. It doesn't do anything to dht but but does something for inflammation which itself is good in a way

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since your regime seems to be comparable to mine (msm omega 3, no finasteride no minoxidil) and I also have noticed the benefits, do you also incorporate any omega 6?

Asking because over the years I've stopped and started Evening Primrose Oil and I swear it helps reduce shedding and now started again. I'm going to take it over a longer time period and see. Its essentially omega 6, which is something I've tried to stay away from having but recently read a lot of good things about it in relation to hairloss so thinking I've got that one wrong.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since your regime seems to be comparable to mine (msm omega 3, no finasteride no minoxidil) and I also have noticed the benefits, do you also incorporate any omega 6?

Asking because over the years I've stopped and started Evening Primrose Oil and I swear it helps reduce shedding and now started again. I'm going to take it over a longer time period and see. Its essentially omega 6, which is something I've tried to stay away from having but recently read a lot of good things about it in relation to hairloss so thinking I've got that one wrong.
Another user here (@DogoDiLaurentiis) reported good results with evening primrose oil and no Finasteride. @Micky_007 may have tried it too I think.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes I saw benefits in evening primrose oil , actually the active part of the gla found on primrose borage ect . I believe u have to take it together with others like omega 3

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I saw benefits in evening primrose oil , actually the active part of the gla found on primrose borage ect . I believe u have to take it together with others like omega 3
I've taken regular omega 3 for years and also eat a good amount of foods high in omega 3. I was taking a lot of saw palmetto and other natural DHT blockers last time I took EPO and felt the combo had similar sides to finasteride which I took many years ago so dropped the EPO, was also scared my estrogen levels were increasing.

In hindsight this was probably helping my hair and since I've dropped most of the DHT blockers since then (still micro dose saw palmetto and red ginseng) I think adding EPO back in might be very beneficial. Also recently read some incredible studies relating to hairloss (think this was 6000mg EPO daily) so i'm feeling unusually optimistic especially after having recent success with MSM.
Going for 1000mg daily split in 2 doses and changing nothing else.

wang yisong

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've taken regular omega 3 for years and also eat a good amount of foods high in omega 3. I was taking a lot of saw palmetto and other natural DHT blockers last time I took EPO and felt the combo had similar sides to finasteride which I took many years ago so dropped the EPO, was also scared my estrogen levels were increasing.

In hindsight this was probably helping my hair and since I've dropped most of the DHT blockers since then (still micro dose saw palmetto and red ginseng) I think adding EPO back in might be very beneficial. Also recently read some incredible studies relating to hairloss (think this was 6000mg EPO daily) so i'm feeling unusually optimistic especially after having recent success with MSM.
Going for 1000mg daily split in 2 doses and changing nothing else.
Doesn't the gla of evening primrose oil belong to omega6? Doesn't omega6 produce inflammation? I don't know much about this. hope you understand. What is the working mechanism of evening primrose oil?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't the gla of evening primrose oil belong to omega6? Doesn't omega6 produce inflammation? I don't know much about this. hope you understand. What is the working mechanism of evening primrose oil?

Most omega-6 fatty acids in the diet come from vegetable oils in the form of linoleic acid (LA). The body converts linoleic acid to GLA and then to arachidonic acid (AA). It is this arachidonic acid (AA). which promotes inflammation. GLA if take directly is not

Further reading :

The main charge against omega-6 fats is that the body can convert the most common one, linolenic acid, into another fatty acid called arachidonic acid, and arachidonic acid is a building block for molecules that can promote inflammation, blood clotting, and the constriction of blood vessels. But the body also converts arachidonic acid into molecules that calm inflammation and fight blood clots.

The critics argue that we should cut back on our intake of omega-6 fats to improve the ratio of omega-3 to omega-6s. Hogwash, says the American Heart Association (AHA). In a science advisory that was two years in the making, nine independent researchers from around the country, including three from Harvard, say that data from dozens of studies support the cardiovascular benefits of eating omega-6 fats (Circulation, Feb. 17, 2009). "Omega-6 fats are not only safe but they are also beneficial for the heart and circulation," says advisory coauthor Dr. Dariush Mozaffarian, an assistant professor of medicine at Harvard-affiliated Brigham and Women's Hospital.

wang yisong

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most omega-6 fatty acids in the diet come from vegetable oils in the form of linoleic acid (LA). The body converts linoleic acid to GLA and then to arachidonic acid (AA). It is this arachidonic acid (AA). which promotes inflammation. GLA if take directly is not

Further reading :

The main charge against omega-6 fats is that the body can convert the most common one, linolenic acid, into another fatty acid called arachidonic acid, and arachidonic acid is a building block for molecules that can promote inflammation, blood clotting, and the constriction of blood vessels. But the body also converts arachidonic acid into molecules that calm inflammation and fight blood clots.

The critics argue that we should cut back on our intake of omega-6 fats to improve the ratio of omega-3 to omega-6s. Hogwash, says the American Heart Association (AHA). In a science advisory that was two years in the making, nine independent researchers from around the country, including three from Harvard, say that data from dozens of studies support the cardiovascular benefits of eating omega-6 fats (Circulation, Feb. 17, 2009). "Omega-6 fats are not only safe but they are also beneficial for the heart and circulation," says advisory coauthor Dr. Dariush Mozaffarian, an assistant professor of medicine at Harvard-affiliated Brigham and Women's Hospital.
Finasteride is ineffective for one year. My hair loss type has no obvious m or o. More like female hair loss. The whole is scattered and sparse (thinning). The hairline did not retreat. Only the whole is scattered and thin. Can you give me some advice

wang yisong

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Further reading :

Gla can reduce PGE2 in vivo. But the role of PGE2 is not to stimulate hair growth? Is this helpful for hair loss? GLA

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gla can reduce PGE2 in vivo. But the role of PGE2 is not to stimulate hair growth? Is this helpful for hair loss? GLA
Anti-Inflammatory Mechanism of Action
GLA is rapidly converted to dihomo GLA (DGLA) which is incorporated into cell membrane phospholipids. When released by the action of the enzyme phospholipase A2, DGLA competes with arachidonic acid for the enzymes COX and LOX. Arachidonic acid is the omega-6 found abundantly in meat and dairy, and the precursor to pro-inflammatory eicosinoids like PGE2.

The COX products of DGLA include prostaglandins of series 1 (PGE1) and thromboxane A1. These products exert anti-inflammatory, anti-aggregation and vaso-dilatory actions.

A key LOX product of DGLA, 15-HETrE, inhibits production of leukotriene B4 from inflammatory cells including neutrophils. Some research suggests that DGLA may act directly on T-cells to modulate immune response in diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.

wang yisong

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anti-Inflammatory Mechanism of Action
GLA is rapidly converted to dihomo GLA (DGLA) which is incorporated into cell membrane phospholipids. When released by the action of the enzyme phospholipase A2, DGLA competes with arachidonic acid for the enzymes COX and LOX. Arachidonic acid is the omega-6 found abundantly in meat and dairy, and the precursor to pro-inflammatory eicosinoids like PGE2.

The COX products of DGLA include prostaglandins of series 1 (PGE1) and thromboxane A1. These products exert anti-inflammatory, anti-aggregation and vaso-dilatory actions.

A key LOX product of DGLA, 15-HETrE, inhibits production of leukotriene B4 from inflammatory cells including neutrophils. Some research suggests that DGLA may act directly on T-cells to modulate immune response in diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
I mean, the information I read says that gla has an inhibitory effect on PGE2