MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Derek Clapton

Reaction score
Here's my update:

I've been on 10g MSM for 2 months now, stated 1/1/22. So far nothing. Taking 5 pills in the AM, 5 after lunch. Hair loss continues. Was really hoping for some improvements here, seems like it's helped everyone except me. I bought a 6 month supply, not sure if I should continue. What's the point if it's not working. Defn. going to continue for the month of March though before deciding.

Current Regimen
  • Avodart daily (18 years)
  • Minoxidil daily (18 years)
  • Nizoral 2x a week (12 years)
  • RU daily 100-200mg (12 years)

Results

Nothing. Hair loss continues.
I'm amazed that that combo still will not stop hairloss. Fina and duta worked fine for me for years but I had to stop because of the side effects. You're also using RU and minoxidil. You must have virtually 0 DHT and STILL lose hair?! Damn.

As for MSM, got myself some powder and am putting ~10g in a pint of squash I drink every morning. Dissolves well, barely noticeable taste and was cheap. Been using around a month so can't comment as of yet as to effectiveness.

Is 10g still the dosage most have found effective?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm amazed that that combo still will not stop hairloss. Fina and duta worked fine for me for years but I had to stop because of the side effects. You're also using RU and minoxidil. You must have virtually 0 DHT and STILL lose hair?! Damn.

As for MSM, got myself some powder and am putting ~10g in a pint of squash I drink every morning. Dissolves well, barely noticeable taste and was cheap. Been using around a month so can't comment as of yet as to effectiveness.

Is 10g still the dosage most have found effective?
Ur cute.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Да воспаление является причиной того, что многие теряют волосы и чувствительность волосяных фолликулов к созданию механизмов засорения. Однако у некоторых людей, которые, кажется, теряют волосы медленно, их ситуация имеет меньший процент коэффициента чувствительности, чем у тех, кто полностью лысеет.

На самом деле я чувствую эффект воспаления, когда ложусь на подушку на один бок, где мое тело и голова получают ограниченный кровоток. В этом положении я иногда чувствую небольшой зуд на коже головы в передней области или ощущение ползания мурашек по лбу.
Are you often nervous? Is there tingling in the region of the heart? Does sex/masturbation affect itching?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you often nervous? Is there tingling in the region of the heart? Does sex/masturbation affect itching?
If u talking about heart issues and hair loss yes there is a relationship. Could be cholesterol. But I didn't experience any heart issues except a few years ago I was diagnosed as having multiple blockages in the heart .

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If u talking about heart issues and hair loss yes there is a relationship. Could be cholesterol. But I didn't experience any heart issues except a few years ago I was diagnosed as having multiple blockages in the heart .
If you have been diagnosed with this, this may be the key. Try adding niacin to what is already there. There is an assumption that chondroitin sulfate will give a more powerful effect, but so far it has not been possible to verify.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have been diagnosed with this, this may be the key. Try adding niacin to what is already there. There is an assumption that chondroitin sulfate will give a more powerful effect, but so far it has not been possible to verify.
has niacin worked for u??

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it works in my case. From what I'm currently taking this is - finasteride, niacin and omega 3. If I stop omega 3 and niacin, finasteride stops working, although I don’t know if it works at all, but I won’t cancel it yet, i’ll wait.
Try stopping the finasteride. It’s not the niacin lol

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it works in my case. From what I'm currently taking this is - finasteride, niacin and omega 3. If I stop omega 3 and niacin, finasteride stops working, although I don’t know if it works at all, but I won’t cancel it yet, i’ll wait.
This is strange but nevertheless interesting phenomenon. Is yr hair loss traditional male pattern baldness or due to some other causes.

And what niacin supplements u are taking? What dosage ? I am currently on omega 3 with gla , msm. If I stop the Omega 3 (epa/dha) , the MSM doesn't work. I know that msm doesn't do much on its own But without msm omega 3 works but it must be combined with gla . Cos last year I was taking flaxseed( ala, la and sesame seed extract) with msm, and it didn't do much even though it's also an omega 3
So I believe minimum combination of the gla with omega 3 (epa/dha version) helps do something for me.

Last edited:

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try stopping the finasteride. It’s not the niacin lol
You did not understand (or is the translator not conveying my thoughts correctly). I do not completely ignore the fact of the influence of DGT. Another thing is that there are people who take 5-10 mg of finasteride + minoxidil orally + there are transgender people who lose hair on estrogen and at 0 dgt and they cry and blame bad genetics for everything.

My theory, which is confirmed by personal experience.

Those people for whom nothing works have a problem that blocks the effectiveness of minoxidil and finasteride. This problem is connected with the internal organs and it can be different for everyone and this is a problem, beacause it is impossible to advise something specific. Therefore, one person grows hair on MSM, another with a massage, a third with a supplement, etc (author of this thread said that he had a backache and MSM helped him, against the same background, his hair began to improve, I think this is a fairly lively example of what I'm talking about). There are also people who grow their hair in a month or two, while others have to wait a whole year. In fact, hair, if nothing prevents them, grows very quickly and if your result was a year later, this is not the merit of finasteride, but the merit of the changes that have occurred during this time in your body.

Last edited:

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is strange but nevertheless interesting phenomenon. Is yr hair loss traditional male pattern baldness or due to some other causes.

And what niacin supplements u are taking? What dosage ? I am currently on omega 3 with gla , msm. If I stop the Omega 3 (epa/dha) , the MSM doesn't work. I know that msm doesn't do much on its own But without msm omega 3 works but it must be combined with gla . Cos last year I was taking flaxseed( ala, la and sesame seed extract) with msm, and it didn't do much even though it's also an omega 3
So I believe minimum combination of the gla with omega 3 (epa/dha version) helps do something for me.
I use niacin b3 (240mg) half a tablet at night. In my case, this enhances the effect, specifically niacin itself, may not give such results but it works with omega 3 well together. I also use magny b6 3 times a day, but here it is already difficult to say about its effectiveness.

When you said that you had goosebumps and that omega 3s were helping you, I thought we had a similar problem.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use niacin b3 (240mg) half a tablet at night. In my case, this enhances the effect, specifically niacin itself, may not give such results but it works with omega 3 well together. I also use magny b6 3 times a day, but here it is already difficult to say about its effectiveness.

When you said that you had goosebumps and that omega 3s were helping you, I thought we had a similar problem.
Thanks for the input. Yes I agree that a combination of things may work . Yes our problem may be something called severe inflammation which I experience since teen days

My question is what the niacin b3 does is work on cholesterol right ? Not the dht directly?

wang yisong

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I take vitamin B complex. The content of vitamin B3 is 50mg. Is this dose OK?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You did not understand (or is the translator not conveying my thoughts correctly). I do not completely ignore the fact of the influence of DGT. Another thing is that there are people who take 5-10 mg of finasteride + minoxidil orally + there are transgender people who lose hair on estrogen and at 0 dgt and they cry and blame bad genetics for everything.

My theory, which is confirmed by personal experience.

Those people for whom nothing works have a problem that blocks the effectiveness of minoxidil and finasteride. This problem is connected with the internal organs and it can be different for everyone and this is a problem, beacause it is impossible to advise something specific. Therefore, one person grows hair on MSM, another with a massage, a third with a supplement, etc (author of this thread said that he had a backache and MSM helped him, against the same background, his hair began to improve, I think this is a fairly lively example of what I'm talking about). There are also people who grow their hair in a month or two, while others have to wait a whole year. In fact, hair, if nothing prevents them, grows very quickly and if your result was a year later, this is not the merit of finasteride, but the merit of the changes that have occurred during this time in your body.
Fair play.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Yes I agree that a combination of things may work . Yes our problem may be something called severe inflammation which I experience since teen days

My question is what the niacin b3 does is work on cholesterol right ? Not the dht directly?
Yes, niacin reduces the level of cholesterol, which, when accumulated in the vessels, clogs them, creating obstacles to the flow of blood through the veins and arteries (In general, balding men have a higher risk of cardiovascular disease, there is enough research on this topic.). It also has a positive effect on the nervous system, which, as you know, is damaged in all balding people, in general, cortisol has a negative effect on hair. About dgt, you can block it with finasteride.

If you have itching, use it as an indicator, if something starts to help you, you will determine it by how the itching stops bothering you and vice versa.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take vitamin B complex. The content of vitamin B3 is 50mg. Is this dose OK?
50-100 is the norm for an adult, another thing is whether it works in combination with other vitamins or is it better to take it separately, can’t answer here.