Microneedling Photo Results Summary

hopeful24

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Any advice as to how long to wait before microneedling after a hair transplant? Thanks!

Last edited:

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could have to do with how much Minoxidil is going systemic. One study concluced it's individual. Also, something that isn't being reported much, if at all, is the amount of Minoxidil being applied on the scalp.
Do you think we need to use more than 1 ml of minoxidil? How much do you think is a good dose?

CJ_Frankfurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could have to do with how much Minoxidil is going systemic. One study concluced it's individual. Also, something that isn't being reported much, if at all, is the amount of Minoxidil being applied on the scalp.
I‘ve read that applying minoxidil right after microneedling is counterproductive because it inhibits the collagen production. Maybe this is the reason.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I‘ve read that applying minoxidil right after microneedling is counterproductive because it inhibits the collagen production. Maybe this is the reason.

One of the best responders applied minoxidil and then needled, so that's probably just BS.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
One of the best responders (
) applied minoxidil 12 hours after dermarolling. So maybe it depends on other factors. Science will hopefully find the answer.
We know that the combination of needling and minoxidil definitely works for some. There's nothing to say those who noted results by needling and waiting to apply minoxidil wouldn't have had better results by applying minoxidil immediately before or after needling. People are just exercising caution for fear of the min going systemic, which is fair enough.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
Scot nali on youtube has proven that dermarolling with saw palmetto is enough for hair maintanence

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling helps, but his hair is still overall weak. Unless he somehow mitigates the androgens in his system this is what his peak is. Interesting thing is their are strategies beyond the typical chemically shutting off androgens male/female employ.
So overall his hair is very weak even in traditionally vibrant areas.. so a little growth blends in. I have super thick hair in traditional areas & I need that to translate to the thinning, receded areas.

CJ_Frankfurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling helps, but his hair is still overall weak. Unless he somehow mitigates the androgens in his system this is what his peak is. Interesting thing is their are strategies beyond the typical chemically shutting off androgens male/female employ.
So overall his hair is very weak even in traditionally vibrant areas.. so a little growth blends in. I have super thick hair in traditional areas & I need that to translate to the thinning, receded areas.
What do you mean by “strategies beyond the typical chemical shutting off androgens”?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried minoxidil once right after micro needling. My body went into shock lol. Heart palpitations, chills, shaking, you name it. felt like that for hours. from now on i wait 24 hours after to apply minoxidil. in my case, i absorbed too much of it.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people had a good result are using a dermaroller, I think it works better than dermapen, what if someone neddled the whole scalp like this guy all his hair is weak
[/QUOTE]

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
George Cotsarelis, if you're reading any of these threads and come across this message, in all honesty... F*** YOU!!!!! and F*** your piece of sh*t company.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone else ever actually tried this??

I highly doubt it would be a cure to hairloss, but it obviously can be a useful part of a hairloss regimen by increasing blood flow to the hair follicles.

Still need to deal with the other 8 or so factors that contribute to hairloss.

Brun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!

I am a Norwood 6 just starting microneedling and minoxidil. Being so bald that I am I don't think it will do mutch for me but I figured that it won't hurt trying.

It hurts like hell when I try to go 1,5 mm so I usually go down to 1,0 mm. The scalp bleeds during microneedling and after a couple of days I peel like crazy.

I have two questions:

1. Do you think 1,0 mm is enough?
2. Is it normal to peel so mutch? Does it get better after a couple of times?