Microneedling Photo Results Summary

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the regression table. p-value should be less than 0.05. This is the case only for months of usage. But a HUGE caution about the sample size, and the biased nature of it. Also most people used minoxidil, not all, so you can't get enough variation to test that part.
Maybe a survey is needed from that 10000page thread.
PS: the regression itself is not significant
PS: forgot to add. The "result" variable, is purely subjective. I rated the growth rate based on my subjective assessment. Tried to proxy for growth rate.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 8.07.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 8.07.26 AM.png
    85 KB · Views: 221

Tytygcac

My Regimen
Reaction score
No a derminator is great.
Is it really much better than a drpen? I would buy the latter because it's more convenient for shipping to me, but I heard it causes micro tearing and I don't really understand how bad that is longterm

N.Y.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Pen M8 is very good. It has 0.18 mm thick needles and is more powerful than other models.
For comparison, the popular model A6 has a needle of 0.25 mm in thickness.

Last edited:

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

winbutler91

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I am seeing improvement. A bunch of new vellus hairs have appeared on my problem area. I am 100% sure that these are new, but I am unsure if these can transform to stronger terminal hair. Can anyone here who have experience with this give their thoughts?

CJ_Frankfurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most are the results are done with a dermaroller or dermapen, does this mean a derminator 2 is in any way less effective since it isnt as aggressive as far as what I understand(you mentioned a few users who thought it was important to draw blood)? Sorry if it's a dumb question
I think the opposite is the case. Derminator 2 has a real heavy punch and if I do 1.5mm then my scalp is a bloody mess. Every scalp is different but I‘ve read a lot about people with heavy bleeding at 1.5mm with the Derminator.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
So I am seeing improvement. A bunch of new vellus hairs have appeared on my problem area. I am 100% sure that these are new, but I am unsure if these can transform to stronger terminal hair. Can anyone here who have experience with this give their thoughts?

minoxidil also? And depth and frequency of microneedling?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes definitely. As many others have shown, miniaturized hairs can become normal and healthy again. For some it takes a bit longer though.

Hope you can post some good results (with pics) in a few months.
Yes, it is possible but miniaturized hairs to be thicker need a new hair cycle, then it takes a bit longer, a several months.... and in the better case, we can make calculations..., timing of the minaturized hair cyle plus exogen phase, plus the new growing hair at 0,3 cm/month.....

winbutler91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes definitely. As many others have shown, miniaturized hairs can become normal and healthy again. For some it takes a bit longer though.

Hope you can post some good results (with pics) in a few months.
This makes me so happy. Just the chance of it. Thanks!

winbutler91

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is intriguing to me: Scott Nali had IMO pretty decent results considering his age and starting point. Among people pursuing non-finasteride hair loss treatments, microneedling, minoxidil, nizoral and the different combinations of them seem to be the most popular remedies. But why aren't more people including Saw Palmetto in their regimen, as a lighter substitute for finasteride? Is there something I am missing?

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are scared copy Follica patent. At 0.8mm it is literally guaranteed impossible to damage a follicle that is at least 4mm deep. Not only you wont damage them but you will actually help regenerate them! Think about it.
Only by their device . I doubt that everythinf folica said about NEW folicels is even real . Other wise its would be a cure cuz you would be able to create new folicels forever

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not relevant. Also the definition of "new follicles" differs a lot from study to study. In this case a "new follicle" refers to a dormant miniaturized one that is turned into vellus hair.

At 0.8mm it is physically impossible to damage the follicle. Anything up to 2mm probably too.

Hell, even in-clinic scalp mesotherapy is 60+ 4mm deep injections and follicles dont die.