Microneedling Photo Results Summary

DigbyDog

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks awesome. How awesome it must be for those that dont get sides on minoxidil. Too bad microneedling on it's own does nothing but make it worse.

There are examples on this thread that show impressive results just with needling.

Unrelated but I never had any shedding with the regime. I know some suggest an initial shed with minoxidil.

no itching or scalp irritation despite heavy sometimes daily wounding.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are examples on this thread that show impressive results just with needling.

Unrelated but I never had any shedding with the regime. I know some suggest an initial shed with minoxidil.

When you say stamp do you mean one of these or similar? Because that's a pain to get decent wound density with stamping manually.

upload_2020-7-24_19-18-35.png

DigbyDog

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you say stamp do you mean one of these or similar? Because that's a pain to get decent wound density with stamping manually.

View attachment 144603

Yes that is what im using, mine is adjustable depth. But same thing. Yeah I understand wounding might be easier with a roller. However I have using a roller my hair gets caught in the wheel and the odd one gets pulled out which I dont like.

I guess I stamp quite often to make up for it. But I am getting results.

I do plan to experiment with a roller again. I have my hair shaved quite high now so I guess I can use a roller on the shorter areas at least.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve just added dermarolling into my regime tonight, 1.5 with Derma pen. There was some blood, head is feeling on fire right now, kinda pulsing. I only done hairline and temples

Is it possible this can harm my current hair? I don’t wanna loose anything from my hairline man

Current regime.
Avodart .5 daily
Loniten 15mg daily

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that is what im using, mine is adjustable depth. But same thing. Yeah I understand wounding might be easier with a roller. However I have using a roller my hair gets caught in the wheel and the odd one gets pulled out which I dont like.

I guess I stamp quite often to make up for it. But I am getting results.

I do plan to experiment with a roller again. I have my hair shaved quite high now so I guess I can use a roller on the shorter areas at least.

I currently use roller, 1.5mm , I wet my hair before so it doesn't get pulled when rolling. I draw small amounts of blood

Do you draw blood with the stamp? I imagine if would be hard unless you are stabbing your head quite hard with it

Tots7

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks. No other medication. No I’ve never felt the need to wear a hat. I always needle in the evening.
@DigbyDog wow that’s awesome, happy for you man. Do you avoid the sunlight after needling? And do you apply the minoxidil immediately after needling? Thank you.

Tots7

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Dif

@DigbyDog when did you start needling after your transplant? Did you wait a while after you had gotten the transplant to start needling or immediately, ive always wondered when it’s safe to start needling after a transplant.

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All branches of reddit are populated by braindead zoomers...they are still buying into that maternal dad baldness inheritance bullshit for example or explain that finasteride works over and over again in personal blogs as if it was a brandnew insight. Ever reasonable man is unable to stomach that place.

The format of reddit isn’t conducive to problem solving because it’s a website designed for clickbait and memes. The threads on there last a couple days max before they are buried so the collective memory of a subreddit only spans about two weeks.

This is why r/tressless seems to have the same short conversation with itself 20 times per day. Questions such as “Does finasteride work???” and “how do I fight hair loss?” constitute a good 80% of this sh*t discussed on there. No thread lasts long enough to get into anything substantial.

youngn

Reaction score
I just used a Dr. Pen for the first time 2 nights ago (@ 1mm). My head is still red today. I have used normal rollers before and my head is only red and sore for one night. Dr. Pen is a beast. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad..

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey youngn - I also have the Dr. Pen. Using it at 1mm should be just fine. Maybe don't do a bunch of passes across your skull. Your scalp should be red and sometimes it takes a day or two for the redness to disappear.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
now I can conform that needling really works, and it gives me faster and better result than when I was on finasteride and monixdil alone, I'm one month on needling and monixdil and I already see alot of new hair and some thick black hair.
I will post pics after three months.
I needle at 1.5 every two or three days, 1 ml of minoxdil 5% mixed with 1 ml of sandlore

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
now I can conform that needling really works, and it gives me faster and better result than when I was on finasteride and monixdil alone, I'm one month on needling and monixdil and I already see alot of new hair and some thick black hair.
I needle at 1.5 every two or three days, 1 ml of minoxdil 5% mixed with 1 ml of sandlore
Dont tell Follica you know their secret lol!

Dalcounter

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
U using a pen or roller ? How u sanitize it?

jackisback

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome thread and know there are MANY more success stories posted since the last update itt.
Pigeon, how long does it take after needling for scalp to no longer be porous? 12 hours? 12 days? I just have no idea. Was considering taking the day after I apply topical dutasteride but idk if it’ll still be raw a week later when I reapply next dose.

winbutler91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, found this thread some weeks ago when morale was really low and it inspired me to continue. Thought I'd share my story.

I'm 29 years old and I guess I am a Norwood 2,5-ish. Main problem is that my hairline is really messed up on one side. The other side is fine. It's always been like that though, and I have never been troubled with hairloss so I don't think I'm balding per se, but who knows.

I've been doing minoxidil and microneedling for a little over five months now. My hope is that the combination of those two will fill in the temple area on the troubled hairline side. I've only been doing 1,5 since last month. Did 0,5 the first three months. Up until recently there was little to no progress, except for some new odd weak transparent hairs in the lower temple region. Then one day, just after I had hit month 5 (this is two months after microneedling with 1,5) I could identify that my frontal region had gotten darker and stronger. Now a few weeks later I can feel new hair making its way on the designated problem area. I can only feel them when I stroke my hand over the area. They seem small and aren't visible, but I am excited regardless. Since we are in lockdown I decided to up the ante and shave the entire side of my head. This gives me better access and makes it easier to roll over the problem area. The downside is that I look like an absolute idiot. I pray to the hair gods that this works because otherwise I am going to have to shell out way too much money on a hair transplant.

With 1,5 I've been microneedling one time per week, but I'm going to up this to as many times I can (basically the day the wounds are fully healed). I also do biotin and nizoral shampoo. I've also applied lavender oil to the wounded microneedle area after rolling because some random dude on youtube recommended it. I'm switching to castor oil now. Started massaging the scalp a couple times a day as well.

I guess that the main point writing this is to tell people who are struggling to see progress: please don't give up. To me it happened suddenly. I'm going to keep on for at least one year before I determine if this will give me sufficient results.

Hope to post an succesful update here in a few months. God bless you and best of luck on your journeys.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of all the microneedling depths I like the 1.5mm best. When I microneedle on top of scalp I usually hear a crackling sound. I’ve identified it as calsification. So perhaps adding magnesium to the mix might dissolve some of the deposits we can’t see but hear.

Tytygcac

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most are the results are done with a dermaroller or dermapen, does this mean a derminator 2 is in any way less effective since it isnt as aggressive as far as what I understand(you mentioned a few users who thought it was important to draw blood)? Sorry if it's a dumb question

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I shamelessly did a statistical analysis with these 32 data points. The list of caveats is long (small biased sample most importantly).
None of the variables are significant except for length of time. Interestingly the result appear very quickly, and reach their max within 5-6 months.

1613664350455.png