Microneedling Photo Results Summary

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
All branches of reddit are populated by braindead zoomers...they are still buying into that maternal dad baldness inheritance bullshit for example or explain that finasteride works over and over again in personal blogs as if it was a brandnew insight. Ever reasonable man is unable to stomach that place.

On which chromosome is the androgen receptor gene located?

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
All branches of reddit are populated by braindead zoomers...they are still buying into that maternal dad baldness inheritance bullshit for example or explain that finasteride works over and over again in personal blogs as if it was a brandnew insight. Ever reasonable man is unable to stomach that place.

This ^^^

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now let's see if he can tell us how many X chromosomes men inherit from their father?
While the primary baldness gene is on the X chromosome, which men get only from their mothers, other factors are also in play. The hereditary factor is slightly more dominant on the woman's side, but research suggests that men who have a bald father are more likely to develop male pattern baldness than those who don't.
Furthermore even if baldness was purely determined by the X -which it is not- that still wouldn't mean that your maternal father necessarily is a good indicator.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been mentioned before but there have so far been at least 250 genes implicated in premature balding, many of which are on the X chromosome, but only one of which is the AR gene.

It's borderline impossible to accurately predict balding based solely on a genetic profile with current knowledge.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
See above. There are genese close to the AR gene on the X chromosome that are also very important. Go look at any of the GWAS and see for yourself. You can't predict any disease 100%, and genes on the Y chromosome are implicated as well. That's not the point. No one is saying that the AR is the single gene that determines baldness, so you're refuting claims that have not been made.
Tbh that wasn't entirely aimed at you that was more for the lurkers

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll be the first to say most people on Tressless don't have a clue, but I don't think anybody on there is claiming that whether or not your maternal grandfather is bald means you're going to be bald or not. The point people make with that "myth" is that your maternal relatives are a more reliable indicator. That is undeniable. That doesn't mean there aren't tons of guys out there with no baldness on their mom's side who still go bald. Your father's genes matter too, just not as much.
I've read that statement on there over and over and over again you are doing them too much service.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
My maternal father is NW1 at 84 I am NW3 in early 20tues and my dad was NW6 at 17-that should settle this debate about maternal father. I got it from my grandmother on fatger side quite obviously
I think whichever one is the stronger will come through.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Virtually every guy I know from my school who went bald in their late 20s/early 30s had very bald fathers. There is definitely some correlation.

Regardless this microneedling sh*t isn't working for me, and now my scalp is flaking really badly too to add to the shedding and general itchiness. 3 months in to the follica protocol

Using minoxidil? Maybe you are going to hard on the needling? I think you are supposed to apply mild pressure.

Peppermint oil can help with itchiness.

DigbyDog

My Regimen
Reaction score
Id like to add my success story after almost 2years of needling.

I have a thread here if you look after about 6 months after a hair transplant at asmed and needling + minoxidil. IT really works. There is some photos there.

I have been needling with a derma stamp 1-7 times a week. Applying 2ml of minoxidil in the evening only. I started at 1.5mm but after a while I noticed the satisfying pulsing that you get instantly in the scalp had stopped. I guess either my nervous system was getting used to the damage and not responding as strong OR that the blood flow to the scalp had improved so that the extra blood flow caused less pulsing. Ive slowly stepped up to 3mm which is the maximum that my stamp allows. The pulsing returns strongly when you increase the depth, indicating to me greater blood flow and hopefully over time improved blood vessels/delivery to the scalp.

My hair has got notably darker. Everyone comments on it. It has completely elimnated miniturization. Each hair is MUCH thicker. Id guess that my hair count it higher but hard to say. Id guess that the increased blood flow slowly makes the follicules bigger and bigger so the hairs get thicker.

Ive regrown more hair on one side of my head than the other but it isnt noticeable. I try to needle the weaker points more than the rest but it does not seem to be even it out. My hair looks awesome, better than it did in my twenties (im 38). Im considering another hair transplant at some point just because im geting a bit vein and a bit of a perfectionist about it!

To other needlers I would say dont be afraid to needle every day, and dont be afraid to increase the depth. Im needling at 3mm most days atm with no issues.

I swear when I needle daily I can feel my hair being thicker almost instantly. Its like the extra blood flow energises the hair somehow.

IVe had miniture fine hairs grow infront of the hair transplant on my temples, which helps to soften the hard line of the hair transplant.

Considering alternating a 1.5mm roller and a 3mm stamp daily to vary the damage!

Microneedling WORKS and its cheap and accessible. Im not sure if its the minoxidil or needling or both that is giving me great results but both are reasonably cheap. GET STARTED NOW if you havent already.

Ive added some pictures, two before and two after. Not great sorry.

Remember I have had a hair transplant. I had 3k grafts to front and temples at asmed. I have a massive head though so the grafts didnt go far. And moved my hairline forward up to 3cm forward.

Attachments

• AFA14F8A-3D85-44A0-B7E7-EDFBC52ABB34.jpeg
    AFA14F8A-3D85-44A0-B7E7-EDFBC52ABB34.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,794
  • A837BC17-22A6-4091-B9A6-4DB2D981A705.jpeg
    A837BC17-22A6-4091-B9A6-4DB2D981A705.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,803
  • 0CE00AB9-4195-4A4C-8F6F-05630270C0D0.jpeg
    0CE00AB9-4195-4A4C-8F6F-05630270C0D0.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,749
  • 410C1638-9A91-45FE-9EB0-91905A60CC6F.jpeg
    410C1638-9A91-45FE-9EB0-91905A60CC6F.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,808

Tots7

My Regimen
Reaction score
@DigbyDog great results, keep it up! A few questions if you don’t mind.
Did you avoid going out or wear a hat after doing dermarolling?
Do you take any other medication besides minoxidil?

I have a thread here if you look after about 6 months after a hair transplant at asmed and needling + minoxidil. IT really works. There is some photos there.

I have been needling with a derma stamp 1-7 times a week. Applying 2ml of minoxidil in the evening only. I started at 1.5mm but after a while I noticed the satisfying pulsing that you get instantly in the scalp had stopped. I guess either my nervous system was getting used to the damage and not responding as strong OR that the blood flow to the scalp had improved so that the extra blood flow caused less pulsing. Ive slowly stepped up to 3mm which is the maximum that my stamp allows. The pulsing returns strongly when you increase the depth, indicating to me greater blood flow and hopefully over time improved blood vessels/delivery to the scalp.

My hair has got notably darker. Everyone comments on it. It has completely elimnated miniturization. Each hair is MUCH thicker. Id guess that my hair count it higher but hard to say. Id guess that the increased blood flow slowly makes the follicules bigger and bigger so the hairs get thicker.

Ive regrown more hair on one side of my head than the other but it isnt noticeable. I try to needle the weaker points more than the rest but it does not seem to be even it out. My hair looks awesome, better than it did in my twenties (im 38). Im considering another hair transplant at some point just because im geting a bit vein and a bit of a perfectionist about it!

To other needlers I would say dont be afraid to needle every day, and dont be afraid to increase the depth. Im needling at 3mm most days atm with no issues.

I swear when I needle daily I can feel my hair being thicker almost instantly. Its like the extra blood flow energises the hair somehow.

IVe had miniture fine hairs grow infront of the hair transplant on my temples, which helps to soften the hard line of the hair transplant.

Considering alternating a 1.5mm roller and a 3mm stamp daily to vary the damage!

Microneedling WORKS and its cheap and accessible. Im not sure if its the minoxidil or needling or both that is giving me great results but both are reasonably cheap. GET STARTED NOW if you havent already.

Remember I have had a hair transplant. I had 3k grafts to front and temples at asmed. I have a massive head though so the grafts didnt go far. And moved my hairline forward up to 3cm forward.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Were you on minoxidil before you had the transplant? Because for the most part you're really just describing a good minoxidil response...

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score

Looks awesome. How awesome it must be for those that dont get sides on minoxidil. Too bad microneedling on it's own does nothing but make it worse.

DigbyDog

My Regimen
Reaction score
@DigbyDog great results, keep it up! A few questions if you don’t mind.
Did you avoid going out or wear a hat after doing dermarolling?
Do you take any other medication besides minoxidil?

thanks. No other medication. No I’ve never felt the need to wear a hat. I always needle in the evening.

DigbyDog

My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you on minoxidil before you had the transplant? Because for the most part you're really just describing a good minoxidil response...

No, I did nothing to my hair before hair transplant.

you are correct I cannot say if needling or minoxidil is responsible for my gains. I’ve only got my gut feel to go by.