Miconazole...

Jkkezh

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
It is probably like 15% minoxidil with the extra kick of killing fungi, which seems to matter a bit.

What makes you think Miconazole has similar effects to 15% minoxidil?

montrose

Reaction score
Anyone every used Lotrimin Af spray? It has:

Active Ingredient: 2% Miconazole Nitrate
Inactive: Propylene glycol, Cocamide DEA, Isobutane, Vitamin E

I'm reading that cocamide mixed with nitrosating agents in cosmetics and personal care products can cause cancer.

Is there any other liquid version of 2% miconazole that can be used on the scalp?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so can you guys tells us what is the consensus here:

- which one works best
-easy to use
-how much to use

and really, what side effects, why was this guy talking about low libido, is that a side effect ?

Rich78

Established Member
Reaction score
I can use min as I now get sides from that. So I was wondering if I could still use the mix used for RU to substitute where rogaine cone in. This would also help to prove if it worked alone.

Also I was wondering if anyone used the powder mixed in with the liquid to get a lotion ?

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe this has been answered already, but are there any Miconazole products that aren't really thick and sticky like what you get at the drug store (Vagisil or whatever)? Liquid form would be preferable. I really hate the Something-About-Mary look it gives the front of my hair. Also, somebody mentioned how a poster once linked to a bunch of studies showing Micon inhibits DHT. Are those links available anywhere?

thinninghairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
daily vitamin + Protein shakes + small meals + mico 2 % cream + Keto 2 % cream

=

Result !!!

I am on no hairloss meds. no finasteride no nothing. Started Mico coming up to 3 months ago and loving it.

I ran out last week and decided to buy Keto cream 2% which i bought over the counter at boots. This stuff is a shed killer

On mico alone for 3 months ive experienced regrowth, thicker hair and better conditioned hair. The results are quicker at the start, mabey because the hairs have not been dormant for so long.

Ive noticed with mico, it completely stopped the shed. roughly around the same time every month on it i get a 3 day very minute and small shed.

Ive now found a way to deal with this shed ( un worrying as it is ).
And that is to apply Keto Cream as soon as you notice this.

Ive been on keto for a week and im now ready to get back on the mico for another 3 months.

i will not post pictures purely becasue i cant be assed and dont have time. This combo is the real deal

Definatley the nitrates in the mico have something to do with this. Keto deals with the androgen side of things. I want to add a sulphur product or mabey minoxidil but i dunno the results have been fine without minoxidil so i dont know if i wanna jump on that

will keep posted

my names gymrat eslewhere if you recognise this post. i aint no troll

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thinninghairsucks said:
daily vitamin + Protein shakes + small meals + mico 2 % cream + Keto 2 % cream

=

Result !!!

I am on no hairloss meds. no finasteride no nothing. Started Mico coming up to 3 months ago and loving it.

:dunno:

Anyway, congrats :)

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
I think he means FDA approved meds. This technically isn't a hairloss med. Although I'm hoping it will prove to be one! :)

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions regarding this...

1) Will the cream have a better impact than shampoo seeing as it's left on rather than washed out?

2) If using the cream and minoxidil at the same time how would this work? Could I use the cream and then put minoxidil on straight after? Or would this was the cream off?

Any advice would be great as i'm quite interested in trying this product!

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
ajax said:

1) Will the cream have a better impact than shampoo seeing as it's left on rather than washed out?

2) If using the cream and minoxidil at the same time how would this work? Could I use the cream and then put minoxidil on straight after? Or would this was the cream off?

Find more answers here.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=64750

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
ajax said:

Find more answers here.

Hi,

Thnaks for the link... I've been through that thread already though and didnt find the answers to the questions I posted :dunno:

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
ajax said:
Rogazzle said:
ajax said:

Find more answers here.

Hi,

Thnaks for the link... I've been through that thread already though and didnt find the answers to the questions I posted :dunno:

Basically his questions are the exact same as mine and I couldn't find the answer on the other thread.

1). Is it okay to use a shampoo?
2). Can you use the cream as the same time as minoxidil or an alternative topical solution?

Pyro

Established Member
Reaction score
to OP...

i've been taking mico for a while now, and i have no lower libido... how can it lower your libido? i put a shitload on and i'm still horny as hell all the time. I do get the occasional dull headache though. Maybe related, who knows.

fireman

Reaction score
I stopped using this after the first few weeks because of the headaches(dunno if headache is the right word to describe it but its a weird cloudy feeling) that it caused. This might have been because I was using it every night and sometimes even twice a day. I really feel that it did have a thickening effect and it made my hairline feel better, instead of being inflamed the majority of the time.

I decided to give this another try and just use it every other day and apply it at night...so hopefully no headaches for me :) Btw I'm using the 2% CVS brand

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Nobody has truly posted anything that shows good results. All I've heard is people wanting to try it with no updates and one guy said he stopped shedding but reporting no hair regrowth, that's it.

Doesn't sound like a truly reliable solution compared to some of the rest.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
Nobody has truly posted anything that shows good results. All I've heard is people wanting to try it with no updates and one guy said he stopped shedding but reporting no hair regrowth, that's it.

Doesn't sound like a truly reliable solution compared to some of the rest.

I don't think it was ever presented as a serious solution. It's a tool.

And no, it's not going to regrow hair on your bald spot.