Miconazole Nitrate & Keto Log ( 6 Month )

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair is looking good and you are maintaining very well. I too have been on the big 3 since the early 2000's but slowly losing ground. I've uped my minoxidil to 15% inc finasteride (night only) and hoping for the best. How do you apply the micon, before or after the minoxidil?

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair is looking good and you are maintaining very well. I too have been on the big 3 since the early 2000's but slowly losing ground. I've uped my minoxidil to 15% inc finasteride (night only) and hoping for the best. How do you apply the micon, before or after the minoxidil?

I put the minoxidil on a few hours before I apply the miconozole, if I can. I use the Rogaine foam so it seems to settle and dry fairly quickly. The miconozole is so thick that I think even if you had the minoxidil on your scalp, it wont't make much of a difference. I've never done it in reverse order, so I don't know how that would affect the routine.

Keep us updated on the 15% minoxidil. I'm keeping my eye on it as my next move, if need be.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I put the minoxidil on a few hours before I apply the miconozole, if I can. I use the Rogaine foam so it seems to settle and dry fairly quickly. The miconozole is so thick that I think even if you had the minoxidil on your scalp, it wont't make much of a difference. I've never done it in reverse order, so I don't know how that would affect the routine.

Keep us updated on the 15% minoxidil. I'm keeping my eye on it as my next move, if need be.

Wow your hair looks good at 41. I'm 40 and maintained pretty well on zix alone. Tempted to to try this miconazole as my temples are what I would describe as a damn springing a leak and slowly eroding. Not sure if I missed your updates, but how has the miconazole helped your temples?

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow your hair looks good at 41. I'm 40 and maintained pretty well on zix alone. Tempted to to try this miconazole as my temples are what I would describe as a damn springing a leak and slowly eroding. Not sure if I missed your updates, but how has the miconazole helped your temples?

It's definitely helped. Pics won't show anything yet as I just took them 4 months into the treatment. (I should have taken baseline pics back in May) But I do know that there has been a difference in the temples for sure. Very glad I started using the miconozole and kept up with it. Plus it's cheap and easy to apply.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's definitely helped. Pics won't show anything yet as I just took them 4 months into the treatment. (I should have taken baseline pics back in May) But I do know that there has been a difference in the temples for sure. Very glad I started using the miconozole and kept up with it. Plus it's cheap and easy to apply.
Hey, you put miconazole before or after of minoxidil?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Where do u buy it? I only see it for over $10 a tube.

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
More growth. I'll post pics here in 2 weeks.

So something interesting is happening. Since I've began to use the castor oil with peppermint oil, cedarwood oil, and rosemary oil, I've seen a big shift. I don't know what is causing what. Scroll up to see my regimen.

But...something is happening and I'm very pleased with the results. I'm a big believer in the synergetic effect, the addition of the essential oils might be the thing that I needed. Temples are filling in nicely.

Back in 2001-2003 I noticed my biggest results with the Big 3. Each ingredient alone was not near as effective as all of them combined. So maybe, maybe the regimen I am using with the miconazole with the essential oils and the S5 cream are doing the trick.

Again, I'll post pics here in 2 weeks. At the very least my loss and/or shedding has been stopped cold.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
More growth. I'll post pics here in 2 weeks.

So something interesting is happening. Since I've began to use the castor oil with peppermint oil, cedarwood oil, and rosemary oil, I've seen a big shift. I don't know what is causing what. Scroll up to see my regimen.

But...something is happening and I'm very pleased with the results. I'm a big believer in the synergetic effect, the addition of the essential oils might be the thing that I needed. Temples are filling in nicely.

Back in 2001-2003 I noticed my biggest results with the Big 3. Each ingredient alone was not near as effective as all of them combined. So maybe, maybe the regimen I am using with the miconazole with the essential oils and the S5 cream are doing the trick.

Again, I'll post pics here in 2 weeks. At the very least my loss and/or shedding has been stopped cold.

Thanks for posting your results but y don't u open a new thread rather than hijack the OP's?

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your results but y don't u open a new thread rather than hijack the OP's?
Yeah, I don't mind doing that. Definitely not my intention to hijack anything.

Was just continuing conversation and thought to keep things centralized.

I'll post up in a new thread here later.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been using the miconozole nitrate now for 4 months with good results.

Began here at this site in 2002 at the age of 26 and I'm 41 now. (Note: My original username was lost when I changed my email address and wasn't on this site from 2004 until now). My thinning has been diffuse in the temples and have never had issues in any other area. Made huge gains and maintained it for 10 years.

Temples are sh*t now but rebounding again. I took some pics last night and will post here later.

Here's my current regimen:

Finasteride 1.25 mg daily (since 2001)
Rogaine 2x daily (since 2003)
Nizoral shampoo every other day (since Nov 2016)
Capasal shampoo every other day (since May 2017)
Miconzole Nitrate every day at night (Since May 2017)

Added in July:

S5 Plus Cream 1x daily at night
Saw Palmetto 1x daily 1500 mg
Quality fish oil 1x daily
Vitamin D 10,000 IU 1x daily
Astaxanthin 1x daily
Rhodiola 1x daily
Ashwaganda 1x daily
Pantothenic acid 1x daily
Biotin 1x daily

Added yesterday:

Mixture of castor oil as a medium with 2 drops of peppermint oil, 2 drops of rosemary oil, 2 drops of cedarwood oil. Applied every other night to thinning areas. We'll see if it works, but damn...this application feels great on my scalp.

Notes: I was using the Nizoral regularly with the finasteride and minoxidil for 10 years with really really good results. I stopped using the Nizoral because of the cost. Huge mistake. I wish I'd never had stopped using it. I got back on the Nizoral last November regularly. Went through 7 months of a gradual shed. Started the gains again with the addition of the miconozole nitrate and Capasal shampoo like Tyler.

What I've noticed. The minoxidil does not have the same effect with my hair that it once did. When I began to add other growth "helpers" that's when the gains have started again.

Wow ur hair looks awesome. You've been on finasteride for 16 years and regrew for 10? Did u lose for the last 6?

Have u suffered any side effects from finasteride like anxiety, depression, or anything else?

How many times a week do u use nizoral, 3 or 4? Is it the 1 or 2% version?

How do u apply miconazole and s5 cream both? I imagine it's quite messy.

What are the ashwaganda and rhodiola for?

What dosage of biotin r u on?

Thanks

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for takimg ages to update.

Here is current (taken right now) unfortunately missed 1.5 weeks due to being offshore but back on it full time

Attachments

• 20171001_124310.jpg
    20171001_124310.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 713

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow ur hair looks awesome. You've been on finasteride for 16 years and regrew for 10? Did u lose for the last 6?

Have u suffered any side effects from finasteride like anxiety, depression, or anything else?

How many times a week do u use nizoral, 3 or 4? Is it the 1 or 2% version?

How do u apply miconazole and s5 cream both? I imagine it's quite messy.

What are the ashwaganda and rhodiola for?

What dosage of biotin r u on?

Thanks

Answered your questions in the new thread I started.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for takimg ages to update.

Here is current (taken right now) unfortunately missed 1.5 weeks due to being offshore but back on it full time

Looks better than baseline but a little less dense than last update? Maybe the same cuz of diff angle? What r ur thoughts

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks better than baseline but a little less dense than last update? Maybe the same cuz of diff angle? What r ur thoughts

Yeh its hard to tell, in general my hair looks and feels thicker. I will keep going with it lads