Memoirs Of A Landwhale. Blah Blah Blah

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
you know what I am not sure

but i think if a woman is my height i think it starts to become a negative.

i can't speak for girls who are like 5'4

All girls on this forum have 5'10 as limit tbh. Its just I don't notice with my mates.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@SmoothSailing

here are comments from the site with the poll

I’m not sure how it came about this morning, but I made some mention to my DH about him being the shortest man I’ve ever been with. He then asked me if I considered him short. I paused. Because when I met him first, I did consider him short. But I know that to men, being called short is pretty offensive.

I told him the truth. Which is that, any man my height or less I consider short. My DH is my height and I far surpass him in height with heels on. I think he’s pretty upset about it but I didn’t think he would take it so badly!

What do you, as women, consider short?

3828 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999
My FI is 5’7″ and he is a short man!! thankfully he doesnt have a napoleon complex or little man syndrome.

1689 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014
I guess I never put much thought in it.

I’d say under 5’9 is short in my opinion. I’m 5’6 so I’ve met few men shorter than me. FI is 6’1.

1787 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013
I consider my height or less short. I’m 5’4″.

4367 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999
Anything under 5’9 I consider short. Husband is 6′ and a half, so I never considered him short. My ex was 5’10 and it sort of bothered me. Probably because my dad and brother are so tall, my standard for short is a little higher.

1302 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013
I voted 5’8″ or under, however, I think it has more to do with how tall your partner is. My fiance is only 5’10” but I am 5’5″ so it really isn’t short to me.

8615 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013
I would consider anything under 5’10” to be short. But I’m also tall

420 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014
I think it’s all relative. I’m 4’11 so everyone seems tall to me – my SO is pretty short (I think 5’3, but he’s still taller than me with heels. But if I were 5’9, I’d probably consider anything less than that short.

1690 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013
My FI is short, he’s only 5’6″ and I’m 5’4″.

I KNOW he’s short, but I don’t think of his that way because he’s such a good strong man, that to me he’s just him. He doesn’t have any problems being shorter, nor does he get offended when someone mentions it.. He doesn’t really have anything to prove.

3989 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011
I’m tall too! (5’9″) So my expectations have always been a little highter (no pun intended!).

673 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2013
5’10” is okay, 6’+ is better, and 5’9″ and under are short. I think my ex husband was 5’7-5’8 and it sort of bothered me, especially in our wedding photos lol. My husband now is 6’2″ and I like that. Over 6’5″ feels awkward though. I’m 5’4″.

2308 posts
Buzzing bee
Under 5′ 9″ is short, and 5′ 9″ is a bit short too. But I’m one to talk being 5′ 1″! SO is 5′ 11″.

6148 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013
I’m only 5’3″ so most guys are taller than me. My FI is about 5’7″ and while some would consider that “short” I think he’s perfect. I don’t have to look up to talk to him or stand on my toes to kiss him, yet I can wear heels and not tower over him

148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013
I am 5’0 and FI is 5’10 so I guess it’s all relative. To others, he might seem shorter, but for me if he were any taller it might be awkward lol

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
All girls on this forum have 5'10 as limit tbh. Its just I don't notice with my mates.

well I'm 5'6 barefoot and i think Evil said she is 5'7' barefoot..so i think we just like tall 'for us' i think is relative to use wearing heels.
i know pas is petite but i dont recall her mention her height...it could be she likes long and lanky 'look'..sometimes these guys appear taller. (i dont know)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Napoleon complex this is another point.

A tall, athletic man can get angry. His anger will be taken by everyone around as being serious business. People will pause their conversations and even what they're thinking to follow this important development. Later on he might be congratulated as being an agent of change, and he will be proud of his good social skills, of knowing when to speak up. People will remember his leadership skills.

A short man can never be angry about anything because if he is "hahaha Napoleon complex lol !"

For everybody in between, it's a continuum, modestly affected by whether or not the anger is justified.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Napoleon complex this is another point.

A tall, athletic man can get angry. His anger will be taken by everyone around as being serious business. People will pause their conversations and even what they're thinking to follow this important development. Later on he might be congratulated as being an agent of change, and he will be proud of his good social skills, of knowing when to speak up. People will remember his leadership skills.

A short man can never be angry about anything because if he is "hahaha Napoleon complex lol !"

For everybody in between, it's a continuum, modestly affected by whether or not the anger is justified.

tall athletic men can NOT get away with being angry.

If anything angry short men get away without being taken seriously because people assume they are not dangerous.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
673 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2013
5’10” is okay, 6’+ is better, and 5’9″ and under are short.
I’m 5’4″.

kGisi63.png

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
tall athletic men can NOT get away with being angry.

If anything angry short men get away without being taken seriously because people assume they are not dangerous.

I meant in dramatic contexts, raising their voice in meetings, etc.

Also with politicians.

Hillary Clinton spoke about this. She's been told by her handlers to never appear angry in public. Her husband however was allowed to, it came off like he cared.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does bother me that I cannot express the full range of human emotions.

I never get to be angry for example. Not because I'm short (I'm average) but because I am low status in general. When I'm angry, it's bottled up, and may inadvertently come off as passive aggressive to others.

I also cannot cry. Since being 12 or so, the past 21 years, I cried for about 5 seconds when my grandmother died, and somewhat more when my father died, that's all over 21 years, oh yeah and of course I cry when I chop onions. It does seem like an effective way of dealing with grief, or moderating stress, but it's closed off to me. I'm incapable of crying, possibly because little boys are strongly discouraged from crying, and are humiliated when they do cry. Even at my father's funeral, I wasn't allowed to cry, I was told to act like a man, "David, you're the heir!" a Rabbi said.

And of course I don't get to experience mutual romantic love. I've had like six weeks of that in my adult life.

Overall, I basically live in an emotional prison world.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score

This is essentially the point. Short guy can be "angry" but he can't be angry. People aren't threatened. It's just more pathetic. Luckily I'm never angry except in traffic

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
And of course I don't get to experience mutual romantic love. I've had like six weeks of that in my adult life.

At least you had six weeks

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
f*** I don't even know what normal is.

But those six weeks might be the best of my adult life.

There is a new song by Lana Del Ray: Love . You might like it.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, average height is 5'10, you can't define average as short.

Average height varies by country. In some countries it's less than 5'10, in some more. On this forum we mostly refer short to 5'8 to 5'11. 6 feet plus is considered a good height. Definitions are irrelevant anyway. My point is that being bald is a far bigger impediment to dating beautiful women than having a height between 5'8 to 5''11.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Average height varies by country. In some countries it's less than 5'10, in some more. On this forum we mostly refer short to 5'8 to 5'11. 6 feet plus is considered a good height. Definitions are irrelevant anyway. My point is that being bald is a far bigger impediment to dating beautiful women than having a height between 5'8 to 5''11.

Being NW6 at age 30 is like being on the bottom 15%, the equivalent might be being 5'5 or something.

It all comes down to percentiles. If every man was bald women wouldn't care.

frankwhite

My Regimen
Reaction score

This. Height is almost always somewhat relative, whereas baldness is pretty much always black and white.

I've known plenty of petite women that wouldn't consider a 5'9" guy to be too short, as the guy is still relatively taller. There is no analogy with baldness.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
@WhitePolarBear you often dismiss a lot of arguments saying examples of celebrities don't count. I don't agree with it. I think rules of attraction still apply between celebrities. I think your misunderstanding stems from comparisons made between normal everyday folks and celebrities. Yes, average men/women may find celebrities attractive just because they are celebrities. But this doesn't matter when we are talking about attraction between two celebrities, at the same level. Hence you will rarely see a hot celebrity like Alexandra Daddario being attracted to ugly celebrities like Jonah Hill. In my opinion, rules of attraction still matter if we are talking about people of the same status. Hence my example of Ben Mackenzie dating Morena Baccarin is still pertinent and shows that if you have good enough face, a height of 5'8 is not an impediment to dating many beautiful women. Of course, the taller you are, the better (Upto 6'4).

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Being NW6 at age 30 is like being on the bottom 15%, the equivalent might be being 5'5 or something.

It all comes down to percentiles. If every man was bald women wouldn't care.

I agree with 5'5. Hence I specified a range of 5'8 to 5'11.