Memoirs Of A Landwhale. Blah Blah Blah

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Couldn't help but lol @ this and consider the parallels with the plight of the bald/ugly man when I saw this article:

A moment that changed me: lashing out at a man who opened the door for the newly thin me

The agonizing moment a former butterloaf comes to the realization that people treat you differently based on your looks. Took her until her mid-40s to clock that her morbid obesity may have been holding her back in certain areas and now she's f*****g raging. Society's fault for being shallow innit.

"He opened that door for me because I wasn’t physically offensive to him, and I knew. And it was in that moment that I realised how terrible we are as a society to people, based solely on their appearance. This realisation broke me"

"And when that realisation came, I grieved for the child, teenager and woman I had been and all she had been deprived of. I grieved for what experiencing that would do to my current self. And I grieved for all of the people who may have missed her along the way because they were too blind to see her."

While I certainly doubt anyone was "too blind to see her" (26 stone!) She chose to deprive herself of opportunities, experiences, respect, etc. etc. because she couldn't put down the Krispy Kremes until she was in her mid 40s. If only it was so simple for the bald/ugly person that becomes invisible to society through no fault of their own.

Last edited:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy f*****g sh*t, for anyone who didn't click the link- just in case we thought psychopathic 3rd wave feminist types ranged only age 12-30:

It was July 2014, Nashville Tennessee. I was walking into a gas station for a bottle of water when the man behind me stepped up to open the door for me. With that act of kindness, something inside me snapped and I flew into a blind rage. I began screaming at him at the top of my lungs.

“No, you can not open this door for me! You wouldn’t have opened it two years ago, so you damn sure can’t open it now!” I scowled and stormed away, completely enraged.

I only just opened this, I think I'm gonna go out and get some fresh air first, conserve some energy...

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve learned that I’ve never met one that wasn’t stunning. No matter what they looked like or what they weighed. I’ve never seen a face or body that I couldn’t find beauty in or a person who didn’t possess compassion, humour and love.

She believes that about herself.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
This reminds me of a few months ago, when this chick I know who was formerly very obese posted a status on facebook ranting how someone told her the reason she isn't married yet might be because of her weight. A ton of chicks hopped on the post proclaiming how false the statement was, that her weight had nothing to do with it...

How f*****g naive do you have to be to come to this conclusion

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This reminds me of a few months ago, when this chick I know who was formerly very obese posted a status on facebook ranting how someone told her the reason she isn't married yet might be because of her weight. A ton of chicks hopped on the post proclaiming how false the statement was, that her weight had nothing to do with it...

How f*****g naive do you have to be to come to this conclusion

Many women say that explicitly, but then they go to the gym, avoid dessert, and wear makeup in order to "feel good about themselves."

It's weird. People do care what others think and behave accordingly, but they pretend they don't.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Many women say that explicitly, but then they go to the gym, avoid dessert, and wear makeup in order to "feel good about themselves."

It's weird. People do care what others think and behave accordingly, but they pretend they don't.
I might start telling everyone its okay to be fat and bald so that while I improve myself they decline and I will thus be on a far higher social ranking as them ;)

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

I can't imagine living in a world and not caring what people think about me. It would be liberating, and nice, but I don't think I'll be there for at least the next 30+ years

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't imagine living in a world and not caring what people think about me. It would be liberating, and nice, but I don't think I'll be there for at least the next 30+ years
Big time. I've often considered Buddhism as it focuses on non attachment but I don't really believe in the underlying principles.

Imagine being liberated from your wants and yearnings - how bloody liberating!

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Couldn't help but lol @ this and consider the parallels with the plight of the bald/ugly man when I saw this article:

A moment that changed me: lashing out at a man who opened the door for the newly thin me

The agonizing moment a former butterloaf comes to the realization that people treat you differently based on your looks. Took her until her mid-40s to clock that her morbid obesity may have been holding her back in certain areas and now she's f*****g raging. Society's fault for being shallow innit.

"He opened that door for me because I wasn’t physically offensive to him, and I knew. And it was in that moment that I realised how terrible we are as a society to people, based solely on their appearance. This realisation broke me"

"And when that realisation came, I grieved for the child, teenager and woman I had been and all she had been deprived of. I grieved for what experiencing that would do to my current self. And I grieved for all of the people who may have missed her along the way because they were too blind to see her."

While I certainly doubt anyone was "too blind to see her" (26 stone!) She chose to deprive herself of opportunities, experiences, respect, etc. etc. because she couldn't put down the Krispy Kremes until she was in her mid 40s. If only it was so simple for the bald/ugly person that becomes invisible to society through no fault of their own.

i don't get peoples rage at other people...

I was over weight for a couple of years not like HER i had an extra 30 pounds and i hated it

I was just mad at myself.

Men still were nice to me.

LOL I'm 45 men are still nice to me.

Opening a door just means being polite...its not hitting on someone.

She was probably so overweight (and i am not saying this to be mean) that someone going for the door if she is NOT right there they think it will take a while for her to get to the door and go in. She's not handicapped or elderly so why are they going to hang around holding door?

365 lbs shes not moving fast.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
There's good traits in virtually everyone. I can give her that
Yes. Also how you look don't decide wether you're a good person, is intellegent, talented or funny. However people tend to overlook these great qualities in below average people, while they put good-looking people with the same traits on a pedestal. Especially young, good-looking girls. I remember someone once said "Beauty is a talent", and sadly this is true.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't get peoples rage at other people...

I was over weight for a couple of years not like HER i had an extra 30 pounds and i hated it

I was just mad at myself.

Men still were nice to me.

LOL I'm 45 men are still nice to me.

She was probably so overweight (and i am not saying this to be mean) that someone going for the door if she is NOT right there they think it will take a while for her to get to the door and go in. She's not handicapped or elderly so why are they going to hang around holding door?

365 lbs shes not moving fast.

Worse still, what if she gets stuck in the f*****g door? Am I liable?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah, when I hold the door open for someone I don't think "actually f*****g hell, the size of that nose" and slam the door shut on them

Just polite

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve learned that I’ve never met one that wasn’t stunning. No matter what they looked like or what they weighed. I’ve never seen a face or body that I couldn’t find beauty in or a person who didn’t possess compassion, humour and love.

She believes that about herself.

I think she is talking about being a humanist. This is different than sexual attraction.

she just should have written something like i am going to strive to find value in people regardless of outer appearance.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
a
Worse still, what if she gets stuck in the f*****g door? Am I liable?

Can you imagine? i mean some people have to be cut out of their homes.
I don't know how they get there.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fun fact: when I'm polite and wearing a hat and long sleeved clothes, people thank me, when I'm polite without a hat on, people don't thank me at all. I guess that a pale, bald frail guy holding the door for you is creepy as f***. LOL

i just dont believe this stuff anymore...

I saw your pics you put on other thread with your face blocked out..your hair loss is not bad to the point holding a door for strangers without a hat people are going to shun you.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

At least she saw the light. Fat is ugly and 100% one's fault. Very few people have congenital diseases that make them fat. Fat pride (which is a thing nowadays) is pure degeneration and unhealthiness. Taking pride in ugliness is stupid.

One day baldness will be defeated through the Cure and bald men will get back what's theirs like fat people get back their own body through diet and exercise. Maybe not during our lifetimes, or not soon enough for us to enjoy our youth because we'll be old. But I swear I feel the NW4, sad and grieving young man who feels left out, getting his Cure. I feel his unending happiness, pure bliss. His eyes regaining that light lost years before. If I will ever witness a young man like me seeing his baldness cured, I will certainly cry of happiness regardless of my age and my situation. I imagine this situation: me, an old man in his 70s (ie the Cure comes out in 2070), witnessing for the first time the effects of the Cure on young men. Their new found smile. Feeling young like they are supposed to. I'm happy just thinking about it.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If she said this to me, I would tell her the truth and say, "listen, you spoiled little entitled b**ch, I just opened the door for a fat asian man two hours ago at the gas station..". I don't understand what the f*** she is talking about. ALWAYS, when there are two people entering a room, it's proper form for the first to hold the door.