Mature Hairline Or male pattern baldness, Advice Desperately Needed.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you look like Brian Wilson

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, in the hair or the face? Is that saying I just have a fat face lmao. I can't tell if that's a compliment or not
I was talking about both to be honest. Personally I would take that as a compliment if I were you. Man, we're talking about Brian Wilson!!

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was talking about both to be honest. Personally I would take that as a compliment if I were you. Man, we're talking about Brian Wilson!!
Ok, thank you! he's definitely a genius but I wouldn't exactly call him James Dean either haha

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Checkered shirt is today, the suit and the close up selfie are from 2018-2019. Worried more about the left corner than I was previously. If the suit one is not a good angle let me know, screengrabbed from video

Attachments

• 0CEAE373-E490-4682-A10F-4D3975DA0CC1.png
    0CEAE373-E490-4682-A10F-4D3975DA0CC1.png
    531.8 KB · Views: 149
  • E37CA8C9-903A-478D-84A1-6BF3046812AC.png
    E37CA8C9-903A-478D-84A1-6BF3046812AC.png
    576.7 KB · Views: 148
  • A7D5DF68-0CBB-4218-A9F6-77F8ADED07B2.png
    A7D5DF68-0CBB-4218-A9F6-77F8ADED07B2.png
    342.1 KB · Views: 149

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am 20 years old and for my entire life, I have always had a great head of hair. Recently however I have noticed the widow's peak I have always had has become slightly more pronounced, and that my temples seem to sit slightly further back than I remember them being. Please let me know if I am just being overly paranoid, if this is a "mature hairline", or if I am observing some kind of male pattern baldness recession. Please be honest and if you aren't sure, please dont rush to a rash conclusion. Want as solid advice as I can get before going to a doctor. Thank you all so much.

PS: The two profile shots of my right temple are a year apart. This is the area im most worried about, does it look like recession/male pattern baldness??

My hairloss started like that, where people on this forum were telling me I had a mature hairline. Turned out it was male pattern baldness. Hairline started forming a widows peak with extremely thick hair.

If you have lost hair, it's hairloss.

See a derm if worried.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairloss started like that, where people on this forum were telling me I had a mature hairline. Turned out it was male pattern baldness. Hairline started forming a widows peak with extremely thick hair.

If you have lost hair, it's hairloss.

See a derm if worried.

Would you mind sharing a picture of your hair so I could see? Thank you!

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I explained it in an earlier comment. You have slight recession yes, balding absolutely not. If you were balding you would notice thinning hair at the hairline and this would taper off further into your hair. Your hair is very thick and your hairline is clean cut.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I explained it in an earlier comment. You have slight recession yes, balding absolutely not. If you were balding you would notice thinning hair at the hairline and this would taper off further into your hair. Your hair is very thick and your hairline is clean cut.

slight recession is how it starts

OP please see a derm if not sure

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some dumbass comments saying it's a Norwood 0 lulz. The fact that the centre is still a widow's peak and the rest has moved means that the centre is the only part of the hairline which is Norwood 0. In other words you have a mature hairline (NW1-2) with a retained centre aka widow's peak. Your density is good so it's difficult to tell if you have hair loss, however there is another method to check.

212233_1_En_13_Fig6_HTML.gif

Measure between your eyes and centre and then measure both your corners down to your eyebrows. Distances should be similar (give or take 0.5cm) and perhaps more in your case due to the widow's peak. Any major disparity = hair loss. Personally I think you may have mild loss at one of your corners, good news is you probably need only few hundred grafts in each corner in a worse case scenario. Nice low forelock so the result would be great, even now it looks fine.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Checkered shirt is today, the suit and the close up selfie are from 2018-2019. Worried more about the left corner than I was previously. If the suit one is not a good angle let me know, screengrabbed from video
Just a maturing hairline. Also, zero thinning. Your good bro

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Given your family history, it is unlikely male pattern baldness. It is most likely a mature hairline. You could check with a dermatologist if you want.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just got a haircut, I know it's a pronounced widow but my corners dont seem to really go above the actual forehead part of my head? Idk if that makes sense or im just deluding myself here, 24 in a few weeks.

Attachments

• 7B436D06-4514-469D-B1C3-CA914712D690.jpeg
    7B436D06-4514-469D-B1C3-CA914712D690.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 128