Mature Hairline Or male pattern baldness, Advice Desperately Needed.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say you are between a NW1 and a NW2. I am too. If you want to call that NW1.5 you can but scale goes by whole numbers.
Interesting. I'm learning so much. So you are also between NW1 and NW2 like myself but you are on treatment. Very interesting, I seem to have a lot to think about.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm learning so much. So you are also between NW1 and NW2 like myself but you are on treatment. Very interesting, I seem to have a lot to think about.
I have a strong family history of balding and I would never have continued treatment if I did not get genetically tested for the balding gene. I tested I have it. The testing is no longer is offered. I wish it would still be offered so people like you can make a better decision on whether to start on finasteride.

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chest hair and baldness are highly correlated ,just check other threads on this forum. Sorry to say but your odds are great
I have ZERO chest hairs, facial hair is not fully developed, yet my hairline is not Norwood 0, so it's the hair sensitivity not the DHT itself.
I guess the same goes for prostate.

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a strong family history of balding and I would never have continued treatment if I did not get genetically tested for the balding gene. I tested I have it. The testing is no longer is offered. I wish it would still be offered so people like you can make a better decision on whether to start on finasteride.
Testing balding genetics?! ... Is this a thing?
I thought more than gene can contribute to this plague.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Testing balding genetics?! ... Is this a thing?
I thought more than gene can contribute to this plague.
It was a thing but the company is gone. I have the gene but it's not expressing itself aggressively. Otherwise, I would not still be a low Norwood.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was a thing but the company is gone. I have the gene but it's not expressing itself aggressively. Otherwise, I would not still be a low Norwood.
Do you have pictures? Just curious bc you said our hairlines are about the same. Also how old are you?

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have ZERO chest hairs, facial hair is not fully developed, yet my hairline is not Norwood 0, so it's the hair sensitivity not the DHT itself.
I guess the same goes for prostate.
Yeah that guy was an idiot lmao. What do you think of my pictures?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Do you have pictures? Just curious bc you said our hairlines are about the same. Also how old are you?
My recession is similar to yours but it does not look like yours because you have a deeper forlock. So it's not really a good comparison. Just watch it for the next 6 months and you should be fine.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My recession is similar to yours but it does not look like yours because you have a deeper forlock. So it's not really a good comparison. Just watch it for the next 6 months and you should be fine.
Afraid to even ask my dermatologist about it because he is bald as a cue ball and I don't want to insult him lmao. I guess I'll keep my eye on it.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so these are some pics of the top of my head. I really do not think I have crown thinning, the hair on my head feels extremely thick and there is no miniaturization. I do however have a cowlick which I have always had. Would love to get your take, again I really dont think its crown thinning but interested to see responses. Also gave a mirror shot of my overall density and a close up of the follicles themselves.

Attachments

• B3CC82DF-FB6D-45EC-8BA4-AEDB8C90E51A.jpeg
    B3CC82DF-FB6D-45EC-8BA4-AEDB8C90E51A.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 425FBD64-6920-4B20-A4BD-817C5F8569AD.jpeg
    425FBD64-6920-4B20-A4BD-817C5F8569AD.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 184
  • A077C122-288E-4B37-84CD-FC46B3E6852F.jpeg
    A077C122-288E-4B37-84CD-FC46B3E6852F.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 182
  • 947554E2-AF04-4411-81B5-D44722F1DD47.jpeg
    947554E2-AF04-4411-81B5-D44722F1DD47.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 5A13F15B-5017-45E3-AC69-C8B87D367C19.jpeg
    5A13F15B-5017-45E3-AC69-C8B87D367C19.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 173

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that guy was an idiot lmao. What do you think of my pictures?
1619775738824.png
1619775807688.png

I think everything looks great, two years and nearly nothing has changed

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They look great. I'd say you're fine. Nothing to worry about.
Much appreciated!! I do look in the mirror and occasionally get worried about my corners, but my overall density is very very thick and I have always had that curvy widow's peak hairline, even at my youngest my hairline was never straight right across. It just seems my corners have evened out a little with one another, my right side was always much higher. Appreciate the feedback!

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
this is photo down here shows a mature hairline
compare to your corners and you will see that you still holding a juvenile hair
you will probably lose it, like 95% of men. Doesnt mean u will bald. Take measures when u reach NW2 and u feel that u still losing it, till there ur on the safe zone

J for juvenile
M for mature
B for balding zone

Attachments

• mature.jpg
    mature.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 180
  • mature - Copia.jpg
    mature - Copia.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is photo down here shows a mature hairline
compare to your corners and you will see that you still holding a juvenile hair
you will probably lose it, like 95% of men. Doesnt mean u will bald. Take measures when u reach NW2 and u feel that u still losing it, till there ur on the safe zone

J for juvenile
M for mature
B for balding zone
Wow ok that picture is very helpful. So you would say I'm still at a juvenile?

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks perfect. As for the one year pictures, its ABSOLUTLY IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to say there is recession from a photo. I see no recession just a full head of amazing hair. nothing to worry about. Stick to the same barber who can help you determine