Mature Hairline Or male pattern baldness, Advice Desperately Needed.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am 20 years old and for my entire life, I have always had a great head of hair. Recently however I have noticed the widow's peak I have always had has become slightly more pronounced, and that my temples seem to sit slightly further back than I remember them being. Please let me know if I am just being overly paranoid, if this is a "mature hairline", or if I am observing some kind of male pattern baldness recession. Please be honest and if you aren't sure, please dont rush to a rash conclusion. Want as solid advice as I can get before going to a doctor. Thank you all so much.

PS: The two profile shots of my right temple are a year apart. This is the area im most worried about, does it look like recession/male pattern baldness??

Attachments

• refa tux headhsot.png
    refa tux headhsot.png
    192.9 KB · Views: 1,226
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 1.17.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 1.17.41 AM.png
    542.4 KB · Views: 1,241
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 1.17.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 1.17.00 AM.png
    529.2 KB · Views: 1,264
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 1.17.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 1.17.29 AM.png
    520.7 KB · Views: 1,349
  • IMG_1921.PNG
    IMG_1921.PNG
    183.3 KB · Views: 1,253
  • IMG_1920.JPG
    IMG_1920.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,195
Last edited:

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think you should worry as of yet. It looks like very slight recession. I will say what i say to everyone who posts on here with mild recession, keep a very close eye on it (pics every 3-6 months) , do not obsess though. I did that and it drives you nuts. If it progresses within the next months then jump on some treatment.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think you should worry as of yet. It looks like very slight recession. I will say what i say to everyone who posts on here with mild recession, keep a very close eye on it (pics every 3-6 months) , do not obsess though. I did that and it drives you nuts. If it progresses within the next months then jump on some treatment.
Wait so it does look like recession?? Oh god, was just hoping people would say no lol. Where would you say I am on the Norwood scale? I mean when I look at my hair and my hairline i think it looks pretty good and full, I just dont want to recede any further back if indeed I have already. The commenter below said no male pattern baldness yet, do you agree and think its just a widows peak or is my hairline actually receding?? Thank you so much for all of your help.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you disagree with the other commenter that there is any sign of temple recession??

I would not refer to it as 'recession'. I would unequivocally say it is not male pattern baldness at this time.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not refer to it as 'recession'. I would unequivocally say it is not male pattern baldness at this time.
That is a major relief to hear you say that. iCurly seems to disagree with you but you seem very sure. Would you say im still a Norwood 0 or am I heading toward Norwood 1? Sorry to be a pest, just don't know as much as everyone else on here seems to. Thank you again!!

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is a major relief to hear you say that. iCurly seems to disagree with you but you seem very sure. Would you say im still a Norwood 0 or am I heading toward Norwood 1? Sorry to be a pest, just don't know as much as everyone else on here seems to. Thank you again!!

I do not care about Norwoods for myself or others and do not know enough to categorize. I do know enough that you are not balding at this time.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair looks great mate I don't think you have anything to worry about at this point in time

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are Norwood 1. That still means you have no hair loss though. For some reason there is a misconception that Norwood 1 is the start of hair loss when in actual fact its a full head of hair. ' Norwood 0' isn't technically a real Norwood, its basically a juvenile or female hairline.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. So this is my update pic almost a year later, does it look about the same to y'all. Please let me know, thank you and much appreciated as always.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 2.07.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 2.07.19 AM.png
    573.9 KB · Views: 568
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 2.07.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 2.07.10 AM.png
    540.4 KB · Views: 532
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 2.09.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 2.09.03 AM.png
    553.1 KB · Views: 569
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 2.07.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 2.07.50 AM.png
    520.3 KB · Views: 586

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any family history of baldness. Most men who go bald young have strong family history of it. You shouldn't worry about going bald young if you don't have bald father, grandfathers and uncles. I see no change compared to past year. Look at old photos when you were younger and see if your hairline has changed.
Some people have naturally thin temples and front. You may have transitioned from Norwood 0 to Norwood 1. Tell me more information about your family history and what did you see on your old photos and I will give you more adequate answer.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have lots of body hairs so you will loose hair in future may be . after a year there is very slight reduction in frontal hairline,not easily noticeable but its there. Best luck.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have lots of body hairs so you will loose hair in future may be . after a year there is very slight reduction in frontal hairline,not easily noticeable but its there. Best luck.

Do you really see recession?? Other posters seem to disagree but I take your word for it, what makes you think that? Also yes I have body hair but so does my Father and at 55 he has pretty much a full head of hair

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any family history of baldness. Most men who go bald young have strong family history of it. You shouldn't worry about going bald young if you don't have bald father, grandfathers and uncles. I see no change compared to past year. Look at old photos when you were younger and see if your hairline has changed.
Some people have naturally thin temples and front. You may have transitioned from Norwood 0 to Norwood 1. Tell me more information about your family history and what did you see on your old photos and I will give you more adequate answer.

My Grandfather on my fathers side was bald by the time he died, but had hair for most of his life. My dad still has a full head of hair at age 55, as does his brother at age 58. My Grandfather on my mother's side still has hair at 82, albeit thin.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you really see recession?? Other posters seem to disagree but I take your word for it, what makes you think that? Also yes I have body hair but so does my Father and at 55 he has pretty much a full head of hair
I could see thinning and I think you too also not sure you receded or not ,if your were sure you wouldn't post this thread? Would you?

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I could see thinning and I think you too also not sure you receded or not ,if your were sure you wouldn't post this thread? Would you?

I posted in this thread to get a variety of opinions, not because I thought I receded since last year. I just wanted to see if in the past year other people thought it looked different. You seem to think so, but the other two posters above appear to disagree. Also your theory about chest hair and baldness is scientifically unfounded, so don't go around spreading that, it's been proven to be false.