Mature Hairline Or male pattern baldness, Advice Desperately Needed.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted in this thread to get a variety of opinions, not because I thought I receded since last year. I just wanted to see if in the past year other people thought it looked different. You seem to think so, but the other two posters above appear to disagree. Also your theory about chest hair and baldness is scientifically unfounded, so don't go around spreading that, it's been proven to be false.
Chest hair and baldness are highly correlated ,just check other threads on this forum. Sorry to say but your odds are great

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Chest hair and baldness are highly correlated ,just check other threads on this forum. Sorry to say but your odds are great

Wrong again. DHT causes both chest hair and baldness yes, but in reality it is your sensitivity to DHT that causes baldness, not its presence in and of itself. So you can have chest hair due to testosterone and not be sensitive to it and still have hair. My father, at 55 has far more chest hair than me and a full head of hair. No wonder you have 77 dislikes man

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wrong again. DHT causes both chest hair and baldness yes, but in reality it is your sensitivity to DHT that causes baldness, not its presence in and of itself. So you can have chest hair due to testosterone and not be sensitive to it and still have hair. My father, at 55 has far more chest hair than me and a full head of hair. No wonder you have 77 dislikes man
Did you check old photos to see how your hairline looked compared to now?

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My Grandfather on my fathers side was bald by the time he died, but had hair for most of his life. My dad still has a full head of hair at age 55, as does his brother at age 58. My Grandfather on my mother's side still has hair at 82, albeit thin.

Then you're going to be fine for decades at least, maybe for the rest of your life. I see no recession in your pics.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mark my words! That day come soon when you would realized what I said was true.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
Did you check old photos to see how your hairline looked compared to now?

I always have had the widow's peak and an uneven hairline but I cant tell if its scooted further back or not. I can try and get an old picture later. Does it look recessed?

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then you're going to be fine for decades at least, maybe for the rest of your life. I see no recession in your pics.

Thank you so much! The guy saying my chest hair means I will go bald seems to be the only one in disagreement

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you so much! The guy saying my chest hair means I will go bald seems to be the only one in disagreement

DHT does cause body hair growth, but for DHT to cause baldness the follicles on your head must be "programed" by genetics to become sensitive at a certain time in your life.

If you what told us about your family is correct then you don't have this DHT sensitivity in your genes.

You're okay for now. Go enjoy being young.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So here I am almost two years to the date from my last pictures. Please let me know your thoughts, I am honestly unsure if my temples have receded any further or not or if I just need a haircut (going tomorrow)/driving myself crazy. If it helps I'm turning 24 in a few months and my family has very little history of baldness: dad has a mostly full head of hair and my mother's father has some decent hair on his head for 84. Sorry for the deluge of pictures, can post more of a certain angle if necessary. Really appreciate any takes!

Attachments

• Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.47 PM.jpg
    Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.47 PM.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.44 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.44 PM #2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.44 PM.jpg
    Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.44 PM.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 189
  • Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.43 PM #3.jpg
    Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.43 PM #3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 196
  • Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.43 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.43 PM #2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.43 PM.jpg
    Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.43 PM.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.42 PM.jpg
    Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.42 PM.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 205
  • Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.41 PM.jpg
    Photo on 4-26-21 at 2.41 PM.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 198
  • slds.jpg
    slds.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Photo on 4-26-21 at 3.02 PM.jpg
    Photo on 4-26-21 at 3.02 PM.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 220

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT does cause body hair growth, but for DHT to cause baldness the follicles on your head must be "programed" by genetics to become sensitive at a certain time in your life.

If you what told us about your family is correct then you don't have this DHT sensitivity in your genes.

You're okay for now. Go enjoy being young.
Really appreciated your advice before, any thoughts on the new pictures?

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you say I have developed a mature hairline, is this a recession? Norwood 2? It looks worse than before?
That’s what happens when a hairline matures, you recede a short distance from your juvenile hairline to get your adult hairline. You have receeded yes but most people have by your age and it doesn’t mean it will progress - in fact I’m fairly sure it won’t

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s what happens when a hairline matures, you recede a short distance from your juvenile hairline to get your adult hairline. You have receeded yes but most people have by your age and it doesn’t mean it will progress - in fact I’m fairly sure it won’t
Really! Wow ok that's good to hear. You seem quite knowledgeable, if I may ask why do you think it won't recede further?

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really! Wow ok that's good to hear. You seem quite knowledgeable, if I may ask why do you think it won't recede further?
It might recede further, check for thinning every now and then so if you are balding you can catch it early and get on treatments. You're all good right now.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
As long as the rest of your scalp is not miniaturized or thinning, you just have formed a mature hairline which most people consider a NW2. If you are thinning elsewhere like the crown area, you have classic male pattern balding. Your density is excellent. You have hair like Jason Biggs and he is 42 and never went bald.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As long as the rest of your scalp is not miniaturized or thinning, you just have formed a mature hairline which most people consider a NW2. If you are thinning elsewhere like the crown area, you have classic male pattern balding. Your density is excellent. You have hair like Jason Biggs and he is 42 and never went bald.
No thinning anywhere else no, I have very very thick hair I always have. Just kind of noticed my (always present) widow's peak was becoming more pronounced. So I am a NW2 now wow. Thank you for your response!

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No thinning anywhere else no, I have very very thick hair I always have. Just kind of noticed my (always present) widow's peak was becoming more pronounced. So I am a NW2 now wow. Thank you for your response!
What is your family history of hairloss like? if there are no nw7s you're probably good