Masturbation Frequency

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah I agree I firmly believe that if I never ejaculated (and did all the other hoppi suggestions) I could have kept my hair. For about 3 more weeks.

Hoppi

Reaction score
It's amazing how many different views come out on this stuff :)

I think it's amazing how complex it seems to be. Like my theory about insulin a while back - I came up with it before I understood the effects of things like inflammation, and possible effects of low T / high E.

The insulin theory was based on lifting or lowering SHBG, that by increasing your insulin etc, you were lowering your SHBG and so allowing more testosterone to run free in your system, leading to more hair loss. I think there is truth in this still, but apparently things like insulin and cortisol also effect things like testosterone production in the testes. And the habits that lead to them (such as bad diet and stress), seem to also increase inflammation, including of course inflammation in the scalp.

The two main theories I currently can't work out are a) does low T / high E lead to an increase in DHT (I can't find studies on this). b) Does E upregulate the hair follicles RESPONSE to testosterone/DHT?

I think Brian Simonis was saying this, that if you have too much E, it can upregulate the receptors meaning they react more with testosterone/DHT.

I really don't know, but what I do know is it just seems very interesting that guys with metabolic syndrome and who are older bald faster, and both of these things are associated with low E, and high T. I know there are other factors, but that is why I have such open-mindedness for this theory, despite the fact that testosterone is the obvious precursor to DHT.

Anywho, sorry, a tangent there :)

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Yeah I agree I firmly believe that if I never ejaculated (and did all the other hoppi suggestions) I could have kept my hair. For about 3 more weeks.

I agree at the end of the day,you have to do what makes you feel happy.This might not really play a big part in all individuals with male pattern baldness.I just dont get any pleasure by jacking off regularly...I would rather do it when I get the urge.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
People genetically susceptible to lung cancer would be doing themselves more harm by smoking.Not every smoker out there would get lung cancer.
the difference is that smoking is proven to cause lung cancer. ejaculation is not proven do anything about hair loss.

There isn't any theory saying masturbating causes hair loss/there isn't one that says it does not.

and yet this does not seem to bother you.

Like I said doing it once in a while might not do any harm.

you have no scientific bases for this speculation whatsoever.

If you feel this sounds stupid,I would say the study with 30,000 American dudes relating Masturbation and Prostate cancer sounds just as stupid.It could have just been a coincidence

please go to school and take a class in statistics. seriously. in that large a sample size there is almost no chance that it is a coincidence.

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
But m.p.b and bodyfat are 2 entirely different things.
M.p.b is more like height or skin/eye colour in terms of genetic change.

Did you purposefully mention 3 things that are influenced by diet?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@Dougfunny:If you feel that study is true,then go ahead do your thing .There are other studies which are contradictory and indicate excessive sexual activity has a negative effect on your prostate.The conclusion seems to be it doesn't affect it in any way.

I just feel drained of all my energy when I do it a little too often,I would rather spend my energy by working out or doing something constructive and do it in moderation.Thats how I roll :)

I am almost done with uni and yes I have studied statistics and was pretty good at it too.Just do some more research and you will find conflicting studies about sexual activity and prostate health.There are studies indicating that it maybe age related and doing it in your forties can actually increase the risk of prostate cancer.

I will stop here as this thread itself is a little retarded.Really people should do what they feel like.If they believe excessive masturbation is affecting them,then they can cut back and do it occasionally.In my case I was never really that into masturbation and my real concern is dealing with AA.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Brains Expel Hair said:
[quote="s.a.f":1g10en8c]But m.p.b and bodyfat are 2 entirely different things.

Did you purposefully mention 3 things that are influenced by diet?[/quote:1g10en8c]

Height, skin and eye colour are influenced by diet? Well I never knew that! :whistle:

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Height, skin and eye colour are influenced by diet? Well I never knew that! :whistle:

And yet you feel the need to weigh in on scientific discussions*.

*this does not imply that most of this thread is an actual scientifically based discussion.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Brains Expel Hair said:
[quote="s.a.f":20tujln9]But m.p.b and bodyfat are 2 entirely different things.

Did you purposefully mention 3 things that are influenced by diet?[/quote:20tujln9]

Body fat is controlled by diet on a much larger scale than things like height, skin color and eye color. Saf's comparison is very sound, that's why we see hair loss in some of the healthiest people alive! Ultimately, diet has to do with every part of us, because we are what we eat!

s.a.f

Reaction score
timbo said:
Brains Expel Hair said:
[quote="s.a.f":2i9xa3nb]But m.p.b and bodyfat are 2 entirely different things.

Did you purposefully mention 3 things that are influenced by diet?

Body fat is controlled by diet on a much larger scale than things like height, skin color and eye color. Saf's comparison is very sound, that's why we see hair loss in some of the healthiest people alive! Ultimately, diet has to do with every part of us, because we are what we eat![/quote:2i9xa3nb]

So you're saying that diet can alter height skin and eye colour???? :shock: