Masturbation Frequency

Hoppi

Reaction score
I find it pretty fascinating lol :)

I think once a week is fine, and there are ways to allow for more than this (supplements you can take apparently, such as chasteberry).

But yeah I mean, if evidence exists (and I've seen a good amount now), there's no point lying to ourselves just because we enjoy sex, etc.

If it's true, it's true, we need to accept it and work with it.

Look at it like this - it gives us another angle to tackle hair loss :)

True I mean a bunch of contradictory evidence might come out but.. so far it's been fairly indicative that it's not good for your hair. Just for now, while I'm working out how best to save my hair, I'm limiting myself to once a week, it's really not that tough after a little bit coz you get used to it, and in the long run I'm sure I can just take the right supplements to offset it :)

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
instead of wasting my time debunking this nonsense, let's just keep the bigger picture in mind:

who gives a sh*t if sex causes hair loss? nobody in their right mind is going to abstain from sex because it can cause hair loss.

hey guess what I have a cure I guarantee will stop your hair loss! simply stop breathing!

Hoppi

Reaction score
dougfunny said:
instead of wasting my time debunking this nonsense, let's just keep the bigger picture in mind:

who gives a sh*t if sex causes hair loss? nobody in their right mind is going to abstain from sex because it can cause hair loss.

hey guess what I have a cure I guarantee will stop your hair loss! simply stop breathing!

This is exactly why I made my post so comprehensive. I am not saying you CAN'T have sex often. What I am saying is if it does harm hair, which it seems to according to what I've heard, then surely it is best to acknowledge this and work with it as opposed to just denying it because it makes us feel better?

I mean, in the examples given (the guys who actually stopped or reversed hair loss by stopping masturbation) they were doing it a LOT. I mean like .. I'm sure they said 5-10 times a day!! lol

But it proves the point, that it DOES affect hair growth. Then guys give it up (even those who were doing it comparatively less), and often see improvements. The only exception was one guy who said he saw improvements for the first 6-7 days, but then when his T levels went up he experienced shedding. So I think once a week is the ideal.

Man this is grounds for a rather amusing pubmed study xD

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
have you even read the study this thread was based on? it says testosterone increased WITHOUT sex. ie sex should have the opposite effect and decrease testosterone and lead to more hair.

slipy

Reaction score
Testosterone isn't the enemy, DHT is. Couldn't the results of that study actually mean that testosterone is higher due to less T -> dht conversion?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Why am I not suprised to learn that Hoppi thinks ejaculating once a week is fine. :jackit:

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
slipy said:
Testosterone isn't the enemy, DHT is. Couldn't the results of that study actually mean that testosterone is higher due to less T -> dht conversion?

hello it was LOWER!!!

Hoppi

Reaction score
yeah testosterone isn't our enemy here, I certainly don't treat it as the enemy. If your T raises too high and you don't have the SHBG to mop it up, then THAT'S bad. But what is also bad is excessive sexual activity seeming to increase DHT and/or inflammation. I mean it IS killing people's hair so the exact means as to which it's doing it are secondary to me. Like most things, the key seems to be moderation :)

But again, I'm not saying you can't do it more, I'm just saying be aware that without supplements to cover your back, you might be putting yourself more at risk for hair loss, that's all.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information Hoppi.

And to think i was about to cop a nut. My hair thanks you.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have stayed away from masturbation for 2 months but I get nocturnal emissions which I cant really help :innocent: .I suggest y'all try not to ejaculate too often if you find it difficult to reduce the frequency of masturbation.From here on out,I am in only if its the real deal. :devil:

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
I have stayed away from masturbation for 2 months but I get nocturnal emissions which I cant really help :innocent: .I suggest y'all try not to ejaculate too often if you find it difficult to reduce the frequency of masturbation.From here on out,I am in only if its the real deal. :devil:

christ that's not natural man. you do know that there have been several studied that link not ejaculating daily with an increased risk of prostate cancer?

http://menshealth.about.com/cs/prostate ... _ptate.htm

Note that unlike Hoppi's studies involving two people this one involved 30,000 and should be taken seriously.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Right now masturbation is the last thing on my mind....I have decided to abstain from sex and wanking until I find a hot lady friend.Stuffs like Finasteride and Saw Palmetto can help with prostate problems so I dont really worry about that.My hair is more important to me than masturbating....Unless I really want to there is no real point in doing it

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
Right now masturbation is the last thing on my mind....I have decided to abstain from sex and wanking until I find a hot lady friend.Stuffs like Finasteride and Saw Palmetto can help with prostate problems so I dont really worry about that.My hair is more important to me than masturbating....Unless I really want to there is no real point in doing it

so your going to put yourself through hell even though it's an established fact that:

a. there is no conclusive evidence that ejaculation causes hair loss
b. there is in fact evidence suggesting not ejaculating will do the opposite and cause hair loss
c. there are studies suggesting not ejaculating will lead to a 33% increase in likelihood of prostate cancer.

so it's basically as bad as smoking only it affects your prostate instead of your lungs.

why on earth would you do this??

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just dont see the point doing it all the time like 20 times a month.I am not really that into stimulated masturbation.Doing it Once or twice a month is more than enough for me.I just happen to enjoy wet dreams more than self-stimulated masturbation.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You really have a problem man, ejaculating wether during sex or just whacking off is the best thing in the world!!
Seriously whats better than it? I could'nt stop if my life depended on it!
Its like asking yourself to live on nothing but bread and water for the rest of your life, or only letting yourself leave the house once a month for a few hours. All in order to save your hair (and its just an unproven theory that has NO evidence to back it up), if that was the case I'd just say f*** it and go bald but at least be able to relax and enjoy life.

Seriously hardly ever ejaculating for any guy between the ages of 12 and 80 is not normal. I'm sure the average male does it pretty much daily even 2 or 3 times a day is not at all uncommon.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Like I say, once a week seems to be the balance! Twice is probs ok as well. That's a balance! Not too much, not too little!

But yeah, whatever, I mean I'm just trying to bring my body into better hormonal balance and reduce inflammation, and when there are people going "I stopped masturbating and my hair regrew!" that I have no reason to doubt, then well, I mean it seems pretty conclusive after a few posts in agreement that EXCESSIVE sexual activity is a bit of a strain on your sex hormones.

I also believe there was a test where one guy did it like a few times a day, and another guy abstained, and the former guy made himself practically infertile (temporarily of course!).

But yeah, moderation :)

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
You really have a problem man, ejaculating wether during sex or just whacking off is the best thing in the world!!
Seriously whats better than it? I could'nt stop if my life depended on it!
Its like asking yourself to live on nothing but bread and water for the rest of your life, or only letting yourself leave the house once a month for a few hours. All in order to save your hair (and its just an unproven theory that has NO evidence to back it up), if that was the case I'd just say f*ck it and go bald but at least be able to relax and enjoy life.

Seriously hardly ever ejaculating for any guy between the ages of 12 and 80 is not normal. I'm sure the average male does it pretty much daily even 2 or 3 times a day is not at all uncommon.

I dont think I have a problem with my sex drive as I get frequent erections....The only issue is my dislike for excessive ejaculation...At the end of it I am still miserable and lonely.Let me give this thing some time and find out whether it makes any difference to my hair.At the moment I can say that my shedding has greatly reduced when compared to the shedding that I had between age 15-18 when I was doing it everyday.

BTW Hoppi had no part in this....I made this decision a couple of years ago and let me tell you it has not been easy.Right now I feel like I am more in control of my sex drive than ever....I dont really have to do it when there is no real need for it.Its just my opinion and I am not here to force this on anybody...Yeah it might sound retarded to some but I feel totally fine and I am not frustrated or anything.

hawks05

Established Member
Reaction score
undisciplined.

people used to think diet and acne had absolutely no connection! lol

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
I also believe there was a test where one guy did it like a few times a day, and another guy abstained, and the former guy made himself practically infertile (temporarily of course!).

No, he did not make himself infertile by frequently ejaculating. Complete and utter nonsense ask any professional. There are no two ways about this one.

Also I would argue that "natural" is whatever you feel the urge to do. Men have different sex drives some need to ejaculate more frequently than others. Clearly your drive is on the low side. I personally would go on insane and probably on a killing spree if I had to go a week without ejaculating.

It's clearly good for you too, as per the study I posted men who masturbated 22 times a month were 33% less likely to get prostate cancer.