male pattern baldness compounded with other things

giggle

Reaction score
Vinyard said:
There is a life after this whether you believe it or not.

do you feel people will more likely believe you if you claim that with confidence or do you really have any consistent argument to back this up? if so, i would be glad to hear them (i'm agnostic btw :innocent:)

Obsidian

Reaction score
giggle said:
Vinyard said:
There is a life after this whether you believe it or not.

do you feel people will more likely believe you if you claim that with confidence or do you really have any consistent argument to back this up? if so, i would be glad to hear them (i'm agnostic btw :innocent:)

:jackit:

I don't think he meant that (unless you're are just trying to rag on people who follow religion), he meant life goes on, the world in general, with or without you. That the world does not revolve around you and your hairloss.
If you want, you can stay behind or keep going. Lots of people are not happy with their appearances, even the prettiest ones, I know i'm not. I still wouldn't give up on future opportunities in life just because of it.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Can we please not turn this into another religion thread? :shakehead:

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
Another sh*t that comes with hair loss is that your children, most probably, will suffer it too.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Personally I don't think it's coincidence. I got IBS then skin problems and male pattern baldness within 6 months. Coincidence my ***...

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
Hair Loss begin: 18 with diffused thinning in NW5 pattern,

Hair Loss end: full NW5 @ 22, also suffered some mild eyebrow hairloss along the way to make things more fun.

HEIGHT: I am 5' 4" (VERY SHORT) - we all know short men struggle with women (5' 6"), well im VERY short, in fact i have never seen someone as short as me who is young, let alone the severe hairloss of course!

Skin tone: I'm pale as a cueball :woot:

GLASSES: I have have poor eyesight and require glasses, I cannot tell who people are from a distance, I also need to wear them for driving legally.

TEETH: I have very yellow stained teeth, even though i brush twice a day my entire life, yet it looks like I have been smoking for 10+ years, every other guy i have seen has whiter/straighter teeth than me, even smokers.

HEIGHT FIX: to reach average male height (5' 9") i will have to endure about 6+ months of pain via leg lenthening surgery, which will also cost me $15,000 or so, and I have to basically spend 12 months (6 months of pain + 6 months recovery) in isolation in a foreign country like armenia or india with no friends or anything.

BEARD AREA: another mild problem is i shave everyday my beard yet for some reason my hairs are soo weak i can never get a complete shave and it look's messy, so when i do a wet shave it looks as if i missed shaving by a full day, many people have commented to me if i know how to shave, I tell them the story and they don't beleive me, also my hairs are too weak/thin to grow out as a proper beard, so even if i wanted to do the beard or goatee compensating thing bald guys do i am not even able to do that! it just always looks like i have missed one day of shaving even when I wet shave each day.

Face: i have a few spots but my main issue is bags under my eyes, its not bad but not good either, i sleep perfect and i have tried some cream that the beuty therapist offered but i still have dark circles under my eyes, i have had this since 18, i can never look fresh thanks to this.

GIRLS: I've also never had a gf and im 25, confidence = zero.

the funny thing is once i reach avereage male height, sort all this sh*t out and i am wearing my hairpiece I look....wait for it.....

AVERAGE/NORMAL, let's say 5/10 in looks scale, which I find somewhat hilarious!

soo hooray for me!

for reference to fix my problems here is what i did

Baldness- @ 22 shaved bald, @ 24 wore hair, @ 25 figured out hair 100% as first one didn't work out.

teeth - $5000 veneer job (I tried normal whitening but it didn't work), this also sorted out my croocked teeth problem.

eyebrow loss - bi monthly tinting and eyebrow powder, eyebrow pen if required.

eye sight - LASIK eye surgery - $3500 - price was high due to large pupils, most people just pay less than half that.

pale skin problem - having a tanning plan set up and tested, works good however i had to stop it since i was doing IPL (see below) but once IPL is finished I can get back to tanning so i am not pale.

beard problem - undergoing IPL (price is $700) to remove hair so i don't have to ever shave again, IPL is also being done on back of neck as my hairs would grow beneath hairpiece thus messing up the affect of the hairpiece. IPL may have to be done on my horshoe as I plan to wear wig for an extended period with medical grade adhesive and i think that may not work for full cap hair systems with my horshoe gorwing out and pushing the adhesive out, i will have to do extensive testing on this before hitting dating scene, 99% of hairpeice wearers are just top piece but my horshoe actually has diffused thinning so i cannot wear just a top piece due to my horshoe being too weak.

height - mentaly preparing for the extreme pain that awaits me to become average male height.

check and mate people :)

my only saving thought is that I CAN BE SAVED in this geneation thanks to Hair systems, Leg Lenthening and other bits and bobs.

what would have been interesting is that if it was the 1970s, i would have had to grow out my horshoe which looks HORRENDOUS as its just like massive diffused thining horshoe, think prince williams bald spot but all around the rim of my head or like a 5 month old babies hair around
the sides but NOTHING on top, + I would have been 5 4 and couldnt change that, with big thick glasses.

so think jason alexander in late 40s when he had no hair on top (he is 5 4 as well) but WAY worse hair qaulity and being like 21, thick rimmed glasses and stained/crooked yellow teeth. and just generally looking worse, to the point where i woulnd't even be good enough to be on TV.

sufficient to say i it was the 1970s I WOULD HAVE BEEN F**CKED

s.a.f

Reaction score
Dude you need to spend some of that money on therapy, it does'nt sound to me like you'll ever be satisfied or confident no matter how much 'work' you get done on yourself. And by the time you've spent your $10/100 '000's on all this stuff you'll complain that you're now too old to enjoy yourself.

You sound just like CCS used to.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Man... thats the power of the poonnany right there...drives people insane :dunno:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I have candida overgrowth (toenail fungus, bad skin), seborrheic dermatitis, miss one finger, speech impediment, I'm small built, have shitty headshape for bald look, etc. To say I'm thoroughly assfucked by my genes would be an understatement.

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
I have battled depression for most of my life. There is a strong correlation between male pattern baldness, Depression, Diabetes and Coronary Artery Disease. Probably others as well.

As I said before here, we may not be depressed because we are bald, but bald because we are depressed.

The depression may be compounded by treatment, particularly Finasteride. I say this because I have been using Finasteride topically since the mid-1990s but stopped it after I switched to topical Dutasteride. A couple of months after stopping the Finasteride, I noticed my mood being better.

While some other issues in my life were also resolving, I cannot help but wonder if some of my mood problems were due to the Finasteride...

s.a.f

Reaction score
JohnNYC said:
As I said before here, we may not be depressed because we are bald, but bald because we are depressed.

I think you got that the wrong way round. :hump:

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
well I think most of our problems are for dating scene.

it's just like i see some girls who are online who are both fat and ugly, they are on dating sites sending messages to guys and there ignoring them due to their physicality (weight and facial features).

i guess sometimes bald can be like being ugly for a man, if your in that catergory of guys that does NOT pull it off (as i am)

and VERY short can be like being fat for a man, in female terms.

honestly if your 5 4 and bald most women would look at you with a "WTF" type look and wonder how someone could be soo fucked in the genepool, outside weight which is self inflicted and within that persons control.

also if you actually saw in real life walking down the street say a 5' 2" pale bald man in his early 20s with thick rimmed glasses & stained teeth, don't pretend that all that guy needs is a few therapy sessions and he will feel normal, that is not true the guy needs height + hair so he can be at least be within a normallity range so girls don't literally laugh at him or give a "wtf" type look.

so i guess im the male equivelant of being a fat and ugly girl, and there is nothing wrong with a girl in that situation wanting to be a normal girl who is thin and normal looking, so that she can lead a normal life and like herself and men can genuinly like her.

s.a.f

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
well I think most of our problems are for dating scene.

it's just like i see some girls who are online who are both fat and ugly, they are on dating sites sending messages to guys and there ignoring them due to their physicality (weight and facial features).

i guess sometimes bald can be like being ugly for a man, if your in that catergory of guys that does NOT pull it off (as i am)

and VERY short can be like being fat for a man, in female terms.

honestly if your 5 4 and bald most women would look at you with a "WTF" type look and wonder how someone could be soo f***ed in the genepool, outside weight which is self inflicted and within that persons control.

honestly if you actually saw in real life walking down the street say a 5' 2" pale bald man in his early 20s with thick rimmed glasses & stained teeth, don't pretend that all that guy needs is a few therapy sessions and he will feel normal, that is not true the guy needs height + hair so he can be at least be within a normallity range so girls don't literally laugh at him or give a "wtf" type look.

so i guess im the male equivelant of being a fat and ugly girl, and there is nothing wrong with a girl in that situation wanting to be a normal girl who is thin and normal looking, so that she can lead a normal life and like herself and men can genuinly like her.

Dont get me wrong I never meant that therapy would fix your problems, but it would help you cope with them better.
If you are this short, bald glasses wearing yellow teeth guy, then the fact is you're probably never going to be physicly attractive to alot of women out there.
There is very little that surgery can do, the handsome guys of this world are born not made. Pinning all your hopes on surgery is setting yourself up for a fall. I think you'd be better off putting your efforts into another direction such as becoming more confident and successful in other aspects of life. The teeth and the glasses are quite easily fixed, but the other things ..... :shakehead:
Like I said before you sound just like CCS used to with his evergrowing list of faults, the fact is EVERYONE out there wishes they could be one of the Brad Pitts of this world but there is very little that surgery can do to the problems you decribe even if you did do this leg lengthening thing you'd still be well below average height.
There are girls out there who are into more than looks (although they do make up a small % of the population) but I think an unnatractive confident guy who's got his sh*t together lifewise will probably do better than an ordinary looking guy who's an insecure mess.

s.a.f

Reaction score
So you think that depression causes baldness???!!? :shock:

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
thanks for the reply and I do agree with you, truly it is not as if I hate myself for being this way and see it as a LIFE problem, I would never get depressed over these limitations in general, it is just that in the context of the dating scene i see these things as REAL roadblocks to the majority of females out there.

I want to fix these things so I can have a normal chance without major setbacks, like being 5 inches below male height which is the height issue, or the hair issue either growing out my natural Norwood w/diffused thinning horsheoe hair and looking like a child rapist or shaving clean bald and looking like a cancer kid (due to my paleness AND my height)

BUT, it is ok i have fixed the glasses and the teeth with laser eye surgery and veneers, it has been done, sorry if i didn't mention that it had been done.

so don't worry i am OK for that, thick rimmed glassses and teeth are fixed with laser eye surgery and veneers

the NW5 on top with diffused thinning horshoe that if grown out makes me look like a child rapist or child cancer patient if shaved clean is HIDDEN with a great hair system,hair systems have literally saved my life THANK GOD THEY EXIST AND I LIVE IN THIS ERA.

so the hair problem is fixed.

the only one problem i have left now is the height, im 5 4 but wearing 2 inch lits in shoes making me 5 6 (check out tall mans shoes casual department), the LL sugery can make you 5 inches taller (2.5 inches in both bone segments) bringing me to 5 9 which is the male average im not sure why you said i woulnd't be the male average with LL?, or in 2 inch lifts i'd be 5 11 which is considered "tall", many scientific studies have shwon that 5 11 or 6 0 is the perfect male height for females, 5 9 is average and 5 7 is the beginings of short, being 5 4 sucks and 5 2 is like being in a hell hole, if your 5 0 women wont touch you even if you have sh*t loads of money, perfect face and hair, sad fact but it is true.

s.a.f

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
thanks for the reply and I do agree with you, truly it is not as if I hate myself for being this way and see it as a LIFE problem, I would never get depressed over these limitations in general, it is just that in the context of the dating scene i see these things as REAL roadblocks to the majority of females out there.

I want to fix these things so I can have a normal chance without major setbacks, like being 5 inches below male height which is the height issue, or the hair issue either growing out my natural Norwood w/diffused thinning horsheoe hair and looking like a child rapist or shaving clean bald and looking like a cancer kid (due to my paleness AND my height)

BUT, it is ok i have fixed the glasses and the teeth with laser eye surgery and veneers, it has been done, sorry if i didn't mention that it had been done.

so don't worry i am OK for that, thick rimmed glassses and teeth are fixed with laser eye surgery and veneers

the NW5 on top with diffused thinning horshoe that if grown out makes me look like a child rapist or child cancer patient if shaved clean is HIDDEN with a great hair system,hair systems have literally saved my life THANK GOD THEY EXIST AND I LIVE IN THIS ERA.

so the hair problem is fixed.

the only one problem i have left now is the height, im 5 4 but wearing 2 inch lits in shoes making me 5 6 (check out tall mans shoes casual department), the LL sugery can make you 5 inches taller (2.5 inches in both bone segments) bringing me to 5 9 which is the male average im not sure why you said i woulnd't be the male average with LL?, or in 2 inch lifts i'd be 5 11 which is considered "tall", many scientific studies have shwon that 5 11 or 6 0 is the perfect male height for females, 5 9 is average and 5 7 is the beginings of short, being 5 4 sucks and 5 2 is like being in a hell hole, if your 5 0 women wont touch you even if you have sh*t loads of money, perfect face and hair, sad fact but it is true.

I thought you said you were 5'2" but anyway having your legs broken and stretched seems like a risky business to me cant be too good for your legs. Is that 5" guaranteed or it that just what they claim?I'm 5'9" and would probably say I'm below average for a man. But anyway have you thought about even after you get all this stuff done when/if you do eventually get a girl and its all going well you'll still have to fess up to the wig and the LL surgery ect.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
nono im 5 4, i just used 5 2 once as an example that just being even shorter makes things worse.

so yeah im 5 4, yes i had looked into LL a lot, it is safe and many people do it, you can get 5 inches, there is a guy who who went from 5 2 to 5 6 on sky news, he was 18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G945KzE51jA

interesting comment on YT
"
Allot of people don't realise how devastating it can be to be short; it totally destroys your sense of self worth and leads to severe depression. I'm 17, male, and only 5'2. I've had numerous suicide attempts since the age of 12 because of my height and I've even considered a sex change because being female would make it easier being short (even though I am straight and would prefer to be male) Everywhere you go people literally look down on you; it makes you? feel like a f*****g child."

as you can see height can have a VERY negative affect on a male, possibly worse than severe male pattern baldness in early 20s, in which i have both :)

anyway i am lucky to be 5 4, and that this surgery exists, and also that I can afford this surgery to make me a normal person.

so don't worry LL is not some crazy underground procedure, oh and he did it in america where the price is really high and they only do 4 inches due to some medical rule (2 inches only in each bone segment)

I will be doing it in armenia where they will do 2.5 inch in each bone segment and the price is more like an expensive car ($15K or less) which is easily worth it in dating scene, better off 5 inches taller than driving a fancy car and being short!

but anyway he was indian so he kinda had a reason to be that short, i guess caucasian equvilant to him would be 5 5?

anyway no, 5 9 is the male average, 5 11- 6 foot is "tall", i hang around a lot on the height forums and scientific studies shows that if your 5 9 you're average and 6 foot you are tall as in "tall,dark handsome", if your taller than 6 foot it will actually have a negative affect on women and the perfect male height is scientifically suggested to be 6 foot. 5 7/6 is short, many celebrities such as tom cruise and al pachino, bono have been dubed "short" at 5 6 or 5 7, they also wear lifts to bring themselves to 5 8 (bono 5 6- 5 8) or 5 9 (cruise 5 7 - 5 10).

I would only reveal these things to a girl upon being engaged or something, in fact some wig weares on forums have been married to a girl for 10 years and she doesn't know that he is bald and wearing a wig, fact is A LOT of guys are wearing hair and have wives that don't know, I am under no obligation to tell anyone of the wig, also some very short guys do do LL to make themselves Average height, god has screwed me over but i am here to tell him that i want to be normal (to have hair and be normal height) and i think i deserve that like most of the male population seem to have been "gifted" with.

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
So you think that depression causes baldness???!!? :shock:

I am speculating that baldness and depression are co-morbid problems and those who suffer from depression who are bald are not necessarily depressed because of loosing their hair.

As I said, there is strong evidence of linkage between baldness and a host of other problems.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
HairPieceMan I think you got everything right and you made the right decission. No therapy is gonna do sh*t without fixing the physical issues. I really hope everything will turn out well for you. Let us know, how are you doing. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.