Male, 18 - Am I balding

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the f***, it's got so much thinner in the past few days. Literally two weeks between these photos

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-18-00-57-48-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-18-00-57-48-46.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG20210118005730.jpg
    IMG20210118005730.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 80

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dermarolled on my crown on Monday, is it possible to get shock loss from a 1.5mm dermaroller?

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For reference, the first one on the left is from today, the three on the right are from the 11th January, from the day I dermarolled. I've also seen an increase in shedding since I dermarolled on the crown, is it possible to have a dermaroll induced shed?

Attachments

• IMG20210118011006.jpg
    IMG20210118011006.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG20210111141807.jpg
    IMG20210111141807.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG20210111134635.jpg
    IMG20210111134635.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG20210111134615.jpg
    IMG20210111134615.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG20210114114421.jpg
    IMG20210114114421.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 70

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I need to setup f*****g around with my hair, it seems like everything I've tried so far (rosemary oil+ dermaroller) have just made it worse

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right, I've made my decision, I'm not touching my hair again till the 27th January, which is when I will ask for a Finasteride prescription, it's the only way that I can get this sh*t out of my head

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it helps, I think it’s a mixture of different lighting and how your hair is parted. There’s no way your hair can lose that much density in a few weeks, even if you were shedding.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If it helps, I think it’s a mixture of different lighting and how your hair is parted. There’s no way your hair can lose that much density in a few weeks, even if you were shedding.
Is it possible to lose hairline density/recede in as little as a month ? I feel that’s happening to me

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, but I'm sure that dermarolling has triggered some sort of adverse reaction in me. I literally recreated the lighting from a week ago, the one on the left is today, the ones on the right are from the 11th

Attachments

• IMG20210118085353.jpg
    IMG20210118085353.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG20210111134115.jpg
    IMG20210111134115.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG20210111134615.jpg
    IMG20210111134615.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 72

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't listen to this Baldman guy, he's been trolling on a few other threads as well and telling people to use the wrong stuff with wrong dosages and aggrevated OP's anxiety who were asking questions, everyone in the comments section of those threads have been against what he's been advising. I could sense the trolling myself when I read those threads but the fact that he mentioned rosemary oil being the cause of your hair being ruined, was the final straw, especially because you stopped using rosemary oil some time ago and you said you were lucky you only used it on the sides (to test and be safe) and it was only the sides/hairline is where you apparently noticed some shedding. So this new thinning on your crown logically could not be affected especially when you had taken pictures of your crown well after using rosemary oil and it was never of concern. It was only your hairline/sides at the time.

Anyway, there's a possibility you're simply just shedding as most do on Minoxidil. Now that you have incorporated microneedling, your scalp will absorb far more Minoxidil and the possibility that you're still young and your scalp skin is slightly thinner/more porous could mean even more absorbtion % which could mean more shedding. But usually Minoxidil does not accelerate male pattern baldness, so I don't think you should worry right now and you should just continue with Minoxidil and Microneedling for at least 6 months.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't listen to this Baldman guy, he's been trolling on a few other threads as well and telling people to use the wrong stuff with wrong dosages and aggrevated OP's anxiety who were asking questions, everyone in the comments section of those threads have been against what he's been advising. I could sense the trolling myself when I read those threads but the fact that he mentioned rosemary oil being the cause of your hair being ruined, was the final straw, especially because you stopped using rosemary oil some time ago and you said you were lucky you only used it on the sides (to test and be safe) and it was only the sides/hairline is where you apparently noticed some shedding. So this new thinning on your crown logically could not be affected especially when you had taken pictures of your crown well after using rosemary oil and it was never of concern. It was only your hairline/sides at the time.

Anyway, there's a possibility you're simply just shedding as most do on Minoxidil. Now that you have incorporated microneedling, your scalp will absorb far more Minoxidil and the possibility that you're still young and your scalp skin is slightly thinner/more porous could mean even more absorbtion % which could mean more shedding. But usually Minoxidil does not accelerate male pattern baldness, so I don't think you should worry right now and you should just continue with Minoxidil and Microneedling for at least 6 months.
I'm not on minoxidil yet, only microneedling, I did two microneedling sessions on my crown, and I'm experiencing a lot more shedding. It's really freaking me out. I've got a massive bald patch now, it's so thin that my family have even noticed. They think I have alopecia areata now

Attachments

• IMG20210118123228.jpg
    IMG20210118123228.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG20210111141807.jpg
    IMG20210111141807.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 71

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you giving false advice, Rosemary oil ruins hair 100%

Only if you don't dilute it properly can any essential oil potentially damage hair, but I doubt permanently. OP mentioned he did not dilute the rosemary oil properly. But he also did not mention using it on his crown. So there's no way ya'll can be blaming an essential oil that literally has zero reports on the internet especially scientific studies of essential oils damaging hair.

Unless you can provide studies backing up your claims that rosemary oil actually damages your hair, your claim is irrelevant.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not on minoxidil yet, only microneedling, I did two microneedling sessions on my crown, and I'm experiencing a lot more shedding. It's really freaking me out. I've got a massive bald patch now, it's so thin that my family have even noticed. They think I have alopecia areata now

That's the thing about using stuff on your hair. Unless you have nerves of steel to stomach the initial shedding and deterioration of your hair before it becomes better, stay away from hair loss treatments. Because your anxiety and stress will just make things worse.

Generally, people experience way more shedding on Finasteride as compared to Microneedling and Minoxidil combined, so if you're unable to stomach the hair loss now, I can't imagine how you will handle Finasteride.

I would agree with your initial suggestion that you don't apply any treatment to your hair for at least 3 months, because according to you, it seems to be making things worse.

There's 2 different groups you will find on the internet. Those that say you should use hairloss treatments the instant you experience hairloss of any kind, and those that suggest you do not treat your hair for as long as possible. The reason the latter group makes sense is because often, what we perceive to be hairloss or thinning, is often just your hair going through a bad hair cycle (which can be several 3 month long cycles) and isn't necessarily male pattern baldness which Requires male pattern baldness hairloss treatments. Because as you know, not everyone responds well to hairloss treatments and can sometimes aggrevate your hair deterioration when there wasn't a real need to. Which is why being patient and being calm is a very valuable skill.

Sometimes your hair might recover better after several months on its own with just living a better, healthier lifestyle without stress, with regular exercise, sufficient sleep, making sure you take all the necessary vitamins and eating a good diet and removing sugars from your diet whilst eating foods that are Low GI and drinking more than the required amount of water intake per day. Sometimes the simple things work. I'm not saying they will cure your hairloss 100% of the time or stop your male pattern baldness, but sometimes they can do better for your hair and body than hair loss treatments and medications that often make things worse.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the thing about using stuff on your hair. Unless you have nerves of steel to stomach the initial shedding and deterioration of your hair before it becomes better, stay away from hair loss treatments. Because your anxiety and stress will just make things worse.

Generally, people experience way more shedding on Finasteride as compared to Microneedling and Minoxidil combined, so if you're unable to stomach the hair loss now, I can't imagine how you will handle Finasteride.
That's not what I'm asking lol, I'm asking whether it is even possible for microneedling on its own to cause a shed, or is it possible that I'm just thinning at rapid pace. I'm not using minoxidil yet btw

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not what I'm asking lol, I'm asking whether it is even possible for microneedling on its own to cause a shed, or is it possible that I'm just thinning at rapid pace. I'm not using minoxidil yet btw

Yes it is possible, you're literally poking microholes into your scalp all over, your scalp will take time to get used to it, so while it isn't used to it, It can cause shedding, as to how much of shedding is dependent on the individual because literally every single person will respond differently.

And yes i know you are not using Minoxidil.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP is losing hair but I don't see much miniaturization going on. Thick healthy hairs falling out. DUPA or something else?

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP is losing hair but I don't see much miniaturization going on. Thick healthy hairs falling out. DUPA or something else?
I don't know, I literally dermarolled my crown area once, and now literally all the hairs are falling out, it's insane. It's like dermarolling triggered a massive shed of my hairs and I don't even know if that's possible

Pazzini86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Telling this guy not to masturbate because his hairline is slightly maturing?

That’s nuts. His hair looked fine.