Making liposomal RU58841

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
Most everything touching your skin end up in your blood...engine oil, deodorant,make up blabla..

If this get in your blood they might be some sides which in long time use are still unknow, i really like to try RU but this stuff is more potent than finasteride so i will not experiemnt so much

RagingBaldy

Reaction score
So is there even a single study done on the safety of it once it gets into your blood?

Hope some people can shed some light on this.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
RagingBaldy said:
So is there even a single study done on the safety of it once it gets into your blood?

There actually is a study done on the metabolites of RU58841 and related compounds. It discusses the various highly technical reasons why RU has such a minimal systemic effect.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What would somebody like me do, in Canada, that cant find grain alcohol or everclear?

I want to give RU another shot, but how the heck do i mix this stuff?

Bryan, whats your thoughts on liposmal RU?

Do you know of a good liposmal vehicle,ect?

Thanks!

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kite_boy, thanks, i already saw it, but that topicals contains Minoxidil and i cant use Minoxidil.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
RagingBaldy said:

There actually is a study done on the metabolites of RU58841 and related compounds. It discusses the various highly technical reasons why RU has such a minimal systemic effect.

Are you talking about the studies from Steroid Journal of Biochem (or thereabouts) from 94? I think that was interesting stuff and not necessarily that technical compared to a lot of the stuff that gets talked about on here. The study I am thinking of looked at why one compound, RUsomething was such a great systemic even when applied locally and why RU58841 had no real systemic effects even when applied orally. Both drugs had very short half-lifes of about an hour. Turned out both were metabolised to the same highly antiandrogenic substance - the only difference being that onlysay 1% of RU%8841 was metabolised to this antiandrogen while the rest was converted to an "inert" metabolite while almost all of the other drug was metabolised to this other potent antiandrogen.
This explains why flutamide has been shown ro be such a lousy topical - its basically a pro-drug for a stronger antiandrogen while spironolactone is a fairly effective antiandrogen - it is rapidly converted in the body to a much weaker antiandrogen. Explains why the fluridil people tried to do what they did by having an antiandrogen that would convert to something harmless when systemically absorbed (though I think they went way too far in making it break down on contact with water - but I guess it makes it easier to get something licensed as a cosmetic and not pharmaceutical product. At any rate it did nothing to stop shedding for me when I went off finasteride last time.)
Anyway I find this relative anti-androgenicity of metabolites thing to be a reeal good explanation as to why somethings seem to work topically and others dont. Except for possibly finasteride......and ketoconazole..... :dunno:
hh

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
harold said:
Bryan said:
RagingBaldy said:

Are you talking about the studies from Steroid Journal of Biochem (or thereabouts) from 94? I think that was interesting stuff and not necessarily that technical compared to a lot of the stuff that gets talked about on here. The study I am thinking of looked at why one compound, RUsomething was such a great systemic even when applied locally and why RU58841 had no real systemic effects even when applied orally. Both drugs had very short half-lifes of about an hour. Turned out both were metabolised to the same highly antiandrogenic substance - the only difference being that onlysay 1% of RU%8841 was metabolised to this antiandrogen while the rest was converted to an "inert" metabolite while almost all of the other drug was metabolised to this other potent antiandrogen.

I think we're talking about the same study! :) It's not the original Battmann paper on RU58841 from 1994, it's a later highly technical one that examined the metabolites of RU58841 and related compounds, and attempted to explain the varying levels of local/systemic antiandrogenic activity of each of those drugs.

dave25

Reaction score
th results you get from topically-applied liposomal RU should be even better than what you obtain from oral finasteride and most of all without any sides.... :jump:

jd24

Established Member
Reaction score
i read about this a couple of years ago

someone should start making batches up

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bump.

Is someone ready to go through this?
Phlojel Ultra looks nice for a Seti/RU/CB vehicle

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I think we're talking about the same study! :) It's not the original Battmann paper on RU58841 from 1994, it's a later highly technical one that examined the metabolites of RU58841 and related compounds, and attempted to explain the varying levels of local/systemic antiandrogenic activity of each of those drugs.
Bryan, Miss you my good friend. Use your great influence up there in heaven to cure hair loss for these young guys. I became your legacy in your honor.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking this phlogel sh*t + 17β E2 is surely the cure. I'm unfamiliar with liposomal delivery, does it limit systemic absorption?

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking this phlogel sh*t + 17β E2 is surely the cure. I'm unfamiliar with liposomal delivery, does it limit systemic absorption?

In theory yes + molecules get better penetration and absorbtion through the skin