Making liposomal RU58841

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
According to this site (http://elsomresearch.com/learning/techn ... osomes.htm), you can make liposomes by:

Large liposomes are easy to make. All that is required is shaking phospholipids in water. These liposomes have very limited functions and are usually made of commercial lecithin, commonly found in food products. Commercial lecithin’s main function is as an emulsifying agent, improving the ability of oil and water to remain mixed.

How about buying some high quality lecithin and mixing this with RU? It should help the stability issue.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A very good idea, ive always wanted to do this.

A guy on hairsite did this a while ago with good results.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Found it :)

From: http://www.hairsite8.com/m604ru20/_disc604/000000dc.htm

"I have used a liposomic vehicle to deliver the RU58841. After reading the literature there is no doubt that RU58841 can be put into a liposomic vehicle and is more effective at penetrating to the deeper levels of the skin. There is a study available that describes the process for having RU58841 put into a liposomal cream base. The study shows that a standard hydro-alcoholic vehicle does not result in as much RU58841 making it to the dermis (and therefore the hair root & papilla). Instead it remains localized in the uppermost levels of the skin (i.e. the stratum corneum) where it wouldn't help at all.

I use a liposome base because the literature supports it and because it lessens the need for me to use the full amount cited in the stumptailed macaque studies. Admittedly the studies done utilized a 5% hydro-alcoholic solution were promising and showed that this type of vehicle worked. I just happened to be convinced that more of the drug can be delivered to the dermis level of the skin with a liposome and by hydrating the scalp.

So the question is, how exactly do we make it?

Jacob

Reaction score
I posted some time ago about some contraptions to help make liposomal topicals...also at Hairsite I think. :shock:

Jacob

Reaction score
I can't find it at the moment..but try Googl'n for "liposome extruder". I recall some were just hand-held, non-electric devices.

There might be a better term for what you'd be looking for though...

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Found another thing. A company sells "Empty Liposomes", which can mix any ingredient in them (if they fit though). I have send them email :).

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jacob I am glad you and Erik D. have become such great friends. :innocent:

Jacob

Reaction score
bcapop..that sounds familiar too. Might have a hard time obtaining them?

DoctorHouse..I've been friends with him before..I'm sure. That's all I'll say :woot:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jacob, why don't you come up with a liposomal topical for regrowing the hairline thicker.

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm hoping Juveline will do that..but I didn't come up with it :shakehead:

Any suggestions though?

chris55

Reaction score
bcapop, did you ever hear back from the company you emailed about using empty liposomes?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
yes you can order Phlogel if you are a consumer... This is the best trans dermal carrier that body builders are using right now...really effective.. Just bought a 100g for $20. Fast shipping... go fast in your skin..and dry out without any residues.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
What do bodybuilders use this stuff for? and would this be a good delivery system for the RU then ?

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bcapop, have you got this figured out yet?

Id love to try this. RU in a liposmal vehicle that stays in the hair follicles only, i think this would work. I really want to do this this time.

BTW the owner of that site that carried Finaderm is in some legal trouble due to some steroid bust issues.