Maintained Using Zix + Lllts (2+ Years)

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update

Had my hair checked out by my derm

I was starting to lose ground during lockdown (crown, hairline) when I had no access to LLLT and was just using zix.

Since regrown thinning hair on my crown and hairline. Zix alone might not be enough.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
He has some recession, that's technically balding, but normal. What I mean is I don't think he was ever going to go beyond a mature hairline considering his age, ethnicity, and density. If you're going to recede more than that you generally will have more thinning on top along with it.

It’s not just recession but parts of my hair are thinning

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you post your prior progression of male pattern baldness prior to zix? So people will stop accusing

Not sure why this is even a discussion

I’ve shared photos of clearly thinning areas of my scalp , temple points and hairline

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure why this is even a discussion

I’ve shared photos of clearly thinning areas of my scalp , temple points and hairline
It's to measure the aggresivity of your hair loss to use it as a reference

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update

Had my hair checked out by my derm

I was starting to lose ground during lockdown (crown, hairline) when I had no access to LLLT and was just using zix.

Since regrown thinning hair on my crown and hairline. Zix alone might not be enough.

Hi, as you've likely seen Ive recently started minoxidil. So far im on day 64, and I think Ive crested and am starting to see the signs of regrowth (starting with no shedding). Anyhow, I think evaluating every 15 days is the milestone I've picked for myself. Suggest you consider the possibility. Im pretty sure, I'll have definitive evidence one way or another by the end of September/early October - feel free to tune in.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, most men will hit NW2 at some stage, but then most men will go bald to some extent.

The reason NW2 is included on the chart you posted is because it's often considered hair loss. Norwood originally said that NW3 is the first stage of hair loss, but if someone is NW2 and miniaturising, they are balding.

In my view, there's a difference between the mature hairline and NW2. For example, I had a juvenile hairline until I was around 23. I then developed a mature hairline, with no further recession, until around 27, at which point my hairline (very slowly) began receding. I have a NW2 hairline now, 7 years later, at least according to B*sanga.

In reality, most people won't notice the difference between NW2 and mature hairline, it's only people on hair loss forums that debate these trivial issues.

Mature hairline doesn't exist in my opinion; it implies a person hairline will go back , but then stop.

A mature hairline is the very early stages of hair loss. For a person to have a mature hairline to begin with, their hair needs to miniaturize, which happens to those who are balding

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update

still maintaining

confirmed by a derm

thinking at times to add minoxidil for some regrowth, but holding off since my current regime is working

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
So still maintianing with zix? The loss u mentioned earlier during lockdown was a fluke?

yes, still maintaining

the loss during lockdown was from not having LLLT at all for the duration of lockdown

seems like I need both to maintain