Maintained Using Zix + Lllts (2+ Years)

Oknow

My Regimen
I am 34.

Regime

Started Zix (Jan 2018) - daily

Formula same as Worm's, which can be found here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ce-how-b6-and-zinc-have-saved-my-hair.101629/

Added:

LLLT (May 2019) x weekly for 1 hour
Divine hair oil (May 2019) , x 2 a week

Background

Hair was progressively thinning and I was getting very concerned.

I have been battling hair loss for years, first noticed the loss in my early 20s, Before Zix, tried Caffine shampoos (Alpecin Shampoo), Keto etc without success.

Never tried finasteride or minoxidil, refuse to. Scared of sides.

My hair loss is mild, but I remember by this point people were commenting on it at work.

'Soon you will be shaving your hair' an ex manager remarked

Fast forward, I was looking for alternative solutions to treat my hairloss.

I came across Worm's post on here, and although being initially sceptical decided to give it a try. A family member also suffering from hairloss then recommended LLLT at a clinic; where they are having success using it. After adding LLLT, I started noticing slight regrowth around my temple points, where the combination of the 2 has helped me maintain.

I have a dermatologist who I have 6 months check ups with, that has confirmed maintenance and slight regrowth

My goal was maintenance since my loss hasn't been aggressive.

Before pictures - Dec 2018:

Hairline:

5obDaN6.jpg

You can see how my hairline was being eaten away, especially at the corners.

Major thinning area

2h860yv-jpg.jpg

XlRE76C.jpg

Below is right temple point, you can see it is thinning , I was majorly concerned that I would lose the shape of the temple point completely.

NHPBI6O.jpg

yTpac5K.jpg

hair slightly shorter , but you can see it receding

Now - June 2020:

Right hand side Temple point:

dDEmEoF.jpg

Definitely not lost any ground, and if anything may have had some regrowth.

Hairline

PhhOu4f.jpg

Don't think I have lost ground in 2 years.

Thinning area

ItFijWH.jpg

Maintained.

I was just expecting maintenance and not regrowth with this regime, so think this is a success.

Last edited:

jazz1

Experienced Member
Where do you buy this Zix stuff and how do you mix it? Daily use?

Oknow

My Regimen
Where do you buy this Zix stuff and how do you mix it? Daily use?

Instructions are on the second post in Worm’s thread.

My formula is the same as his:

- about 15 mls ethyl alcohol
- 2 x 220 mgs of zinc sulfate - 2 x https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Z...8&qid=1469108018&sr=1-1&keywords=zinc sulfate (I NOW USE 3x Zincs have much better results)
- 150 mgs of b6 p5p is use the brand pure encapsulations, you can find it on amazon
- 45 mls distilled water (must be DISTILLED NOT filtered or ionized or any of that)

This fits in a 2 oz minoxidil bottle basically.

I apply 1-2 mls twice a day.

jazz1

Experienced Member
I just done some research and this can not be used in conjunction with Minoxidil.....? That would make Minoxidil inactive.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Pretty sure you were never going bald to begin with.

jazz1

Experienced Member

pegasus2

My Regimen
He was confirmed to be balding by a dermatologist...

He has some recession, that's technically balding, but normal. What I mean is I don't think he was ever going to go beyond a mature hairline considering his age, ethnicity, and density. If you're going to recede more than that you generally will have more thinning on top along with it.

sonictemples

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Can you post your prior progression of male pattern baldness prior to zix? So people will stop accusing

pegasus2

My Regimen
OP's hairline is beyond mature - looks like male pattern baldness to me.
What do you think a mature hairline is? It is just another word for norwood 2.

Orwell

My Regimen
What do you think a mature hairline is? It is just another word for norwood 2.

I don't think even derms or hair transplant surgeons fully agree on this, but a mature hairline is natural recession which all men develop between 18 and 30. I have a Norwood 2 hairline (according to B*sanga) but it is beyond mature because it is continuing to recede and miniaturise, and there looks to be miniaturisation in OP's pics.

pegasus2

My Regimen
I don't think even derms or hair transplant surgeons fully agree on this, but a mature hairline is natural recession which all men develop between 18 and 30. I have a Norwood 2 hairline (according to B*sanga) but it is beyond mature because it is continuing to recede and miniaturise, and there looks to be miniaturisation in OP's pics.

Not all men have recession, and certainly not by age 30. If your hairline is NW2 then you have a mature hairline. That doesn't mean it can't get worse. If you have miniaturization behind it then it will get worse. OP has some thick hair. You probably don't have the same hair genes he has, but if you think you can maintain for years with zix and laser like he has then be my guest, it's your hair.