Low-cost regime to reverse Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Androgenetic Alopecia)

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys!

After years of research (Google Scholar combined with Sci-Hub is a powerful tool) and trial and error, I decided to start this regime.

I call it aicepolA (Alopecia in reverse) and want to know your opinions.

I think it's very complete but also low-cost. At least where I live (Portugal, Europe) I can buy everything on the list at local pharmacies for very low cost.

☀️ Morning​

1. Finasteride > cut a 5 mg pill into quarters and take a piece (1,25 mg) orally
  2. Castor oil > 1-2 ml orally
  3. Minoxidil > take a 5 mg dosage orally or use 1 ml topically (you can do both for best results)
  4. Tedol > this is a ketoconazole (2 %) topical made in Portugal, use 1 ml

Night​

1. Cetirizine > take one pill (10 mg)
  2. Ketrel > this is a tretinoin (0,05 %) cream made in Portugal, use a pea-sized amount topically
  3. Azelac > this is an azelaic acid (5 %) and salicylic acid (2 %) topical made in Spain, use 1 ml after applying the tretinoin cream

Prices (rounded up)

Finasteride 5 mg - 60 tablets: 12 euros
Castor oil 60 ml: 2 euros
Minoxidil 60 ml: 8 euros
Tedol 100 ml: 10 euros
Cetirizine 10 mg - 20 tablets: 5 euros
Ketrel 30 g: 4 euros
Azelac 100 ml: 12 euros

Notes

Usually my scalp is extremely oily (androgens in the scalp increase sebum production). In my case this regime (mostly Ketrel and Azelac) makes it normal instantly and feels great. I really think that the best and simplest way to know the androgen levels in the scalp, is looking at the amount of sebum it produces.

I'm not a fan of oils, they clog the pores and prevent efficient absorption of other topicals. Actually, now I always wash my head with warm/hot water and a anti-dandruff shampoo (with piroctone olamine) before applying topicals. I usually use the Head & Shoulders, Nivea or Linic brands, which are good and cheap (3-5 euros).

I actually just started using oral cetirizine for sinusitis, it allows me to breathe better from the nose. The fact that it may help with hair is just a bonus.

Azelac and minoxidil are the only things that I buy online, because they are more expensive at local pharmacies.

Diet

I believe that ketogenic diet (low-carb) combined with intermittent-fasting is extremely beneficial to health in general. Autophagy is important to keep your health in good shape and slow-down aging.

Questions

Diclofenac cream (1 %) is very cheap, 5 euros per 100 g. Do you think it is worth introducing it to this regime? I'm thinking in applying a small amount before other topicals.

Tretinoin is reported to inhibit angiogenesis, while dermarolling/wounding does the opposite. This makes me think that If I want to start dermarolling and get the best results, I should stop using tretinoin. What do you think?

Any suggestions? Things to add or remove from this regime?

Thanks for reading!

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
keto is proved to be very detrimental to hair (dont talk about general health, cause depends of several personal conditions).
fasting is good if you dont have high cholesterol and remember that gh and T tend to raise...
if you can bear them, oral finasteride and oral minoxidil are extremely efficient.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
ketogenic diets increase shbg therefore a no go for me

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ketogenic diets increase shbg therefore a no go for me
sorry to bother you but hy is high shbg bad? got a bloowork done and my shbg is on the high range while my t and dht are extremelly low ( but still i keep on receeding) , so low that i'm eligible for trt.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to bother you but hy is high shbg bad? got a bloowork done and my shbg is on the high range while my t and dht are extremelly low ( but still i keep on receeding) , so low that i'm eligible for trt.
It binds to androgens making them unavailable to the receptors, I am prone to sides too

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not for hair..

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
@LITUATUI for which of the products do you need a prescription? I'm from Germany and the prices here are so damn high and I can't get Diclofenac or tretinoin without a prescription here.

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Officially you need a prescription for finasteride and tretinoin, however I have 3 pharmacies near me and none asked me for it.

With a prescription you do pay less, since the government subsidies part of the cost (usually 37 %).

Here is a price list of generic drugs subsidized by the Portuguese government.