Lots Of New Info On Follica's Website

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long will it take Follica's treatment to work if they haven't finished inventing it yet?

AFAIK there have only been those few human trials already mentioned. Those were not encouraging.

What else could they be banking on? Mouse results? B*tch, please.

How do you know that they "haven't finished inventing it yet"?

They are, according the pipeline page, set to begin phase III and most of the beginning trials of anything aren't the best results. You have absolutely no idea what refinements the technology may or may not have undergone since the last trial, years ago.

We get it, you hate Follica and have no faith in them. If you have nothing of actual value to contribute, consider stopping.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyway guys....Why don't trying to find a chemical way to do dermabrasion...And using doxycycline ?
I'm ok to try it on me left temple...But we have to be severals guys to try it ! What do you think ? Even if doxycycline was tried on mice maybe it induce fgf9 on mens too no?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyway guys....Why don't trying to find a chemical way to do dermabrasion...And using doxycycline ?
I'm ok to try it on me left temple...But we have to be severals guys to try it ! What do you think ? Even if doxycycline was tried on mice maybe it induce fgf9 on mens too no?

Please tell me you aren't serious...

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
All the treatments work 'with time' anyway. Hair transplants take up to and over a year for full effects.
Even finasteride takes a year to see results. Follica is talking about forming new follicles. You'd be looking at 1.5 years minimum to see decent results. Hope I'm wrong but worth a release date of 2018 it won't be till 2020 until folks get their hair back.

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Doxycycline is just what they use to activate the transgene...

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
How long will it take Follica's treatment to work if they haven't finished inventing it yet?

AFAIK there have only been those few human trials already mentioned. Those were not encouraging.

What else could they be banking on? Mouse results? B*tch, please.

seriously.jpg

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that's more or less always been the goal.

How do you know? There is no record of them implying in their patents or public comments that proto-follicles can mature into terminal hairs.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering, if this is in fact new hair, wouldn't it be similar to a baby's hair and take about 2 years to develop and become terminal?

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
The question that is remained, can be this the cure and we can get unlimited hair follicle as we can increase hair count in every session?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you know that they "haven't finished inventing it yet"?

They are, according the pipeline page, set to begin phase III and most of the beginning trials of anything aren't the best results. You have absolutely no idea what refinements the technology may or may not have undergone since the last trial, years ago.

We get it, you hate Follica and have no faith in them. If you have nothing of actual value to contribute, consider stopping.

I don't hate Follica. I just hate putting faith in HM products that aren't proven in human testing.

If you think this particular pessimism isn't warranted, then you must not be very familiar with the history of fighting baldness. Researchers have been saying "It didn't work last time but we're confident it will work this time" since before most of us even had hair loss.

Follica has done boatloads of research with mice but that is a flawed model at best. It's harder to hurt a mouse's hair growth than restore it.

If you know of any successful human trails from Follica then by all means, tell me. But I don't think you do.

Last edited:

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
It just occured to me that this could be used in combination to a hair transplant for the donor areas. I think that is the most likely outcome for follica, at least in the beginning.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
^You mean taking out a strip and leaving the wound site open + topical? Quite possibly.

resu

Reaction score
The question that is remained, can be this the cure and we can get unlimited hair follicle as we can increase hair count in every session?

Only cloning would be the cure. Dr Cotsarelis said there was a limit.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Only cloning would be the cure. Dr Cotsarelis said there was a limit.

Only cloning would be the cure for people beyond a certain point... If you're an nw3 Follica, histogen, and replicel could potentially be a cure...

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
The fact that this treatment apparently requires you to be shaven to take it makes it really unappealing for someone who still has a cosmetically significant amount of hair, especially considering the uncertainty of getting good results from it.

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
follicle norwood 7 slick bald areas. The new follicles?

Possible more or less hair?

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
follica
new follicles in bald areas?
but no proof lie?
norwod 7 new hair?
DHT and destruction.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Alarm bells for me that the Indian micro-needling study is (seemingly) used as a basis for this. I remember three years ago when we all started trying that study DIY – I followed it myself for 4/5 months with no results. I assume any results people had were from minoxidil absorption. As a non-responder to minoxidil, I wasted my time.