Lots Of New Info On Follica's Website

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it'd be a huge letdown if their sauce is minoxidil. the verbiage on their site makes it sound like the step after TCP (injury ) is to sway the stem cells in their embryonic window. I don't see how min would do that...

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it'd be a huge letdown if their sauce is minoxidil. the verbiage on their site makes it sound like the step after TCP (injury ) is to sway the stem cells in their embryonic window. I don't see how min would do that...

I thought they were using fgf9?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought they were using fgf9?

Nobody really knows what they're actually using. Their formula is a complete mystery.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody really knows what they're actually using. Their formula is a complete mystery.

I think I read somewhere that Cotsarelis was trying to get fgf9 approved for hair loss through some other method, not follica though I guess.

I'd like to know if the treatment will leave scars, and if so, the extent. There are tons of people who would take hair along with scars but I don't think I like the idea.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
1. the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.​

There is firm evidence that they have already missed one timeline, so it is not speculation to expect them to miss another. Additionally, we are less than 60 days from 2017 - how are they going to complete their Phase III trial AND get to market in under 24 months?

You have a personal connection to Histogen, as they have granted you interviews and access in the past - you can't be impartial. Additionally, like everyone else, you're desperate for something to work (as am I, I just don't let it cloud my analysis).

Yes, my comment about Follica is speculative, but:

And there you have it - 2019 is now the best case. I hate being right all the time.
I don't think any company has kept to their timeline during the drug approval process. To discount them for that is silly - Replicel, Shiseido, Follica, and Histogen have all been delayed (Histogen did have a lawsuit brought against them so that explains a lot, and Replicel had issues with the supplier of their ingredients). I agree with you that Follica seems more legitimate than Histogen, but Histogen seems to be getting more and more investors which has to count for something.

Over the next 2-3 years I think new treatments will be released but I wouldn't put a lot of faith in any of their guesstimated timelines.

In my opinion the only product that has a prayer of getting released in 2017 is Brotzu.

I know Histogen was aiming for a POSSIBLE release towards the end of 2017 if everything went perfect in Mexico but we haven't even heard if they have a formal agreement in place with a Mexican partner yet. 2018-2019 seems more reasonable to me.

Time will tell, anything else is speculation.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You guys should read the latest post on hairlosscure2020: http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/fol...loss-product-rain-plus-other-company-updates/

it states that their pivotal study was delayed and release is reasonalbe to be in 2019

Even that person is speculating. FDA has been known to approve some drugs after pivotal trials lasting six months. If they get started early in 2017 and RAIN proves very efficacious after just 6 months, I don't see why a product release in 2018 isn't possible albeit a tight schedule. They could even be doing a parallel trial in a country like Colombia where new drugs are approved in a matter of few months and safety and efficacy data filed with the FDA.

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait, didn't Cotsarelis say a long time ago that they were working on a cure based on PGD2? Maybe that's one of the elements of their RAIN system or whatever.

In any case I know they've got done trials of the wounding and seen results, it sounds like it's just about the drugs in the RAIN system at this point.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/patents/US20160310395

Latest patent filing Cotsarelis it seems? Claims on right 1-37 cancelled, claim 38;

A method for treating baldness or a hair loss condition or for stimulating hair growth in a human subject comprising: (a) wounding an area of the balding scalp of said human subject by disrupting an epidermis or dermis of the area of the balding scalp, thereby creating a wounded area; and (b) contacting the wounded area with minoxidil.

Focuses a lot on minoxidil. Doesn't have to mean anything obviously though.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The patent that Swoop just linked stated multiple times that sonic hedgehog activation was evidence of an embryonic-like hair growth. So... I guess the mixture follica intends to use somehow affects the sonic hedgehog pathway as well, or if it doesn't, the SH pathway is going to have to be revisted. Maybe there will be a company that can make it "safe" like Samumed is trying to do with Wnt.

If Follica's compound is something entirely new, that would be awesome.

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Mentions EGF protein or receptor or compound with ability of activating or inducing EGF receptors.

Yes and it was mentioned into an old patent (2006).
Their topical is (maybe) EGFR inhibitor + an antihistamine + anti-inflammatory + an anti-androgen + an immunosuppressant + a channel opener (Minoxidil) + an antibiotic+ an antimicrobial.

" In yet another particular embodiment of the methods, kits, and compositions of the invention, the EGFR inhibitor (e.g., a small molecule EGFR inhibitor or EGFR antibody) is combined (e.g., administered, formulated, or contained in a kit) with an additional biologically active agent selected from an antihistamine (e.g., mepyramine, diphenhydramine, and antazoline), an anti-inflammatory (e.g., corticosteroids, NTHEs, and COX-2 inhibitors), a retinoid (e.g., 13-cis-retinoic acid, adapalene, all-trans-retinoic acid, and etretinate), an anti-androgen (e.g., finasteride, flutamide, diazoxide, 11alpha-hydroxyprogesterone, ketoconazole, RU58841, dutasteride, fluridil, and QLT-7704), an immunosuppressant (e.g., cyclosporine, tacrolimus, rapamycin, everolimus, and pimecrolimus), a channel opener (e.g., minoxidil, diazoxide, and phenyloin), an antibiotic, and an antimicrobial (e.g., benzyl benzoate, benzalkonium chloride, benzoic acid, benzyl alcohol, butylparaben, ethylparaben, methylparaben, propylparaben, camphorated metacresol, camphorated phenol, hexylresorcinol, methylbenzethonium chloride, cetrimide, chlorhexidine, chlorobutanol, chlorocresol, cresol, glycerin, imidurea, phenol, phenoxyethanol, phenylethylalcohol, phenylmercuric acetate, phenylmercuric borate, phenylmercuric nitrate, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, sodium proprionate, sorbic acid, and thiomersal)".

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyway guys....Why don't trying to find a chemical way to do dermabrasion...And using doxycycline ?
I'm ok to try it on me left temple...But we have to be severals guys to try it ! What do you think ? Even if doxycycline was tried on mice maybe it induce fgf9 on mens too no?
Hello Seuxin,
I take doxycycline each year for 3 or 4 months and sometimes during 6 months and i see nothing in my regrowth hair
Tu fais fausse route Nix

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello Seuxin,
I take doxycycline each year for 3 or 4 months and sometimes during 6 months and i see nothing in my regrowth hair
Tu fais fausse route Nix

Right, but don't forget Doxy have to be used TOPICALLY and....with dermabrasion before. Dermabarasion is the first step to induce neogenesis. A topical only cannot. By the way, after a few investigation Doxy don't appear to be used by Follica.

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right, but don't forget Doxy have to be used TOPICALLY and....with dermabrasion before. Dermabarasion is the first step to induce neogenesis. A topical only cannot. By the way, after a few investigation Doxy don't appear to be used by Follica.
I took it orally for a chronic disease.In any case at the level of the hair, I saw nothing
This has the effect of fluidizing the sebum. I do not know if that's why some have recommended it. Orally it works not at all