Lots Of New Info On Follica's Website

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Our at-home treatment system is being designed to better deliver a range of compoundsdirectly to the scalp.
I wanna know what these multiple compounds are. Also, a release date would be nice.

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
I wanna know what these multiple compounds are. Also, a release date would be nice.

They probably want to keep the compounds proprietary for the time being.

They do claim that it will create brand new follicles, which sounds promising if true.. the page looks pretty legitimate right now. Maybe @Admin can get an interview with UPenn or Dr. Cotsarelis into motion?

It says it is clinically proven to work in adult humans, which means they must've done trials. The pictures even make it seem like they have atleast a prototype of what the device is and looks like, even has a box for shipping and storage!

Last edited:

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Find myself using this pic a lot these days; I ain't complainin'

Shoon_9958ef_3492839.jpg

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think Follica with histogen would be enough for an NW3 or less? Based on what has been stated it sounds like there's real promise combing those two treatments if your hairloss isn't too far along... Thoughts?

dm900

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is like some rad joke. I had given up on all three of these guys a few years ago and stopped checking this site. Now all of the sudden it may actually happen.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys think Follica with histogen would be enough for an NW3 or less? Based on what has been stated it sounds like there's real promise combing those two treatments if your hairloss isn't too far along... Thoughts?

Either by themselves may even be enough. I think with most of the things coming out over the next 3 years, a worst case scenario for most would probably be needing a small transplant on top of it.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only an 8 hour drive for me to their headquarters... I've got a feeling they're going to have at least one clinic in Boston. I'll be going ASAP.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Only an 8 hour drive for me to their headquarters... I've got a feeling they're going to have at least one clinic in Boston. I'll be going ASAP.

So as far as the office visit goes is it just one initial visit then you begin the at home use, or is it an annual office visit? Man it would be sweet if @Admin could talk with these guys, but I remember hell had a rough time at the conference getting cots to talk with him!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So as far as the office visit goes is it just one initial visit then you begin the at home use, or is it an annual office visit? Man it would be sweet if @Admin could talk with these guys, but I remember hell had a rough time at the conference getting cots to talk with him!

Not just Cotsarelis, but everyone involved wouldn't talk. Super secretive.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
From their multiple patents, it will be most likely something that can release a lithium ion + EGFR Inhibitors + hair growth-promoting agent

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys :)

1. So the pics of the office and home devices seem to be an illustration and not real devices yet.

2. According to their app's screen capture, the plan for that specific user is not to apply the stuff daily, but only 3 or 4 times a week.

3. The app also says "Remember to use it on all your hair, not just thinning areas".

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
So all this is is just a dermapen with minoxidil? that's according to this page

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/pipeline/follica-follicle-neogenesis/

No, it's not minoxidil. Minoxidil only allows existing hair follicles to grow and perform better. These guys are claiming that new follicles will be created.

Hi guys :)

1. So the pics of the office and home devices seem to be an illustration and not real devices yet.

2. According to their app's screen capture, the plan for that specific user is not to apply the stuff daily, but only 3 or 4 times a week.

3. The app also says "Remember to use it on all your hair, not just thinning areas".

Why do you say they are an illusion? They must have the devices made in some capacity if they've already tested this on humans and had results of neo-genesis.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, it's not minoxidil. Minoxidil only allows existing hair follicles to grow and perform better. These guys are claiming that new follicles will be created.

Why do you say they are an illusion? They must have the devices made in some capacity if they've already tested this on humans and had results of neo-genesis.

The patents mentions minoxidil as one of the possible compounds and the testing they have done is via off the shelf devices.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I can see the photos on the website is that a picture of the real device.
Looking now again I see that they have one picture of the man in front of the mirror with a device, but it's no so clear.
The tests could have been done manually and not using the final device...

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score

+1
Yes, I don't think so, this is not Minoxidil, or at least "just minoxidil" because they are claiming a "New Hair Growth"