Lots Of New Info On Follica's Website

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil is probably for the at home maintenance device.

Perhaps, there is minoxidil in their at home maintenance device but not only minoxidil for sure. There are others compounds in it. If you can see on the picture just above, It's writing " Home device for New Hair growth".

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know where people are getting minoxidil from. If there's something I'm missing, please link me to it.

With that being said, minoxidil is not able to create NEW follicles, which is what they are claiming; neogenesis. If minoxidil is used, it would only be to ensure that the follicles are able to grow more quickly and strongly.

However, if these are truly new follicles I don't see why they would need it. Also I can't see how these new follicles would be dht resistant, which is why you'd need to keep using this product. They'd keep getting destroyed by DHT. But, if this product can keep making densely packed new follicles time and time again, I don't see why this couldn't be a long term solution for some with small amounts of hair loss.

So what I'm saying is that I'd be extremely surprised if this was just dermarolling with ONLY minoxidil. There has to be other compounds to cause neogenesis.

Last edited:

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys might be mistaken. The wounding alone is enough to generate new follicles. M may be used to upregulate certain pathways.

I predict it is a dernabrasion device with minoxidil spray.

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys might be mistaken. The wounding alone is enough to generate new follicles. M may be used to upregulate certain pathways.

I predict it is a dernabrasion device with minoxidil spray.

What's stopping me from then just dermarolling, applying minoxidil, and then saying I'm using follica's technology? What's novel about their approach?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
What KO1 says is true they did apparently find out that skin disruption alone is able to create new hair follicles.

"Follica's 3 clinical studies demonstrate growth of de novo hair follicles in humans"

follica4.jpg

As you can see on the bottom side they refer to unpublished findings in 2008 that apparently show this to be true. I think it's highly likely too it will be disruption of the skin (done in the office) and then coupled with a home device with minoxidil.

Last edited:

resu

Reaction score
Those photos are from the Indian study that got debunked, no one achieved those results.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those photos are from the Indian study that got debunked, no one achieved those results.

Wait, what? A company like Follica is faking pics?

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is exciting news. If @Admin can manage to get an interview that would be great!

I wonder if this will be available worldwide off the bat or if it will take time to get it into new markets.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is exciting news. If @Admin can manage to get an interview that would be great!

I wonder if this will be available worldwide off the bat or if it will take time to get it into new markets.

It will have to undergo trials in each market. The only upcoming treatment that has potential to be available worldwide, right off the bat is the FIDIA lotion.

Wait, what? A company like Follica is faking pics?

"Yeah, but there are no pictures!"

*Shows pictures*

"FAAAAAKE!"

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I wanna know what these multiple compounds are. Also, a release date would be nice.
we know there are 3 products for home use judging by the boxes. I assume one is like a brush that applies 2 different topicals on different days. one could be morning one night who knows. the office use is dermabrasion not 1.5mm needling
I remember when it seemed like Cots had a off the cuff remark to the guy in South Korea (desmond?) that a treatment would be $2 million. Most likely the topicals are out there now they just tweaked them with this and that.
What someone could do is research everyone in Cots team and try to find their white papers or info on them. it would be a hell of a hunt. get a list together of who worked with cots in the past 5 years and let folks here take a person and stalk them I mean research their work.
So basically I have no clue.

resu

Reaction score
Swoop I remember his early results but never saw his later photos, that looks amazing.
PrettyFly had pretty nice results with dermarolling + minoxidil.

Naamloos_17.jpg

I remember his early results but never saw his later photos, that looks amazing but he may have been a good responder to minoxidil since he was the only one. I would never check any hair loss forum if I could get those results and be able to maintain.