Losing You Hair In Your 30's And Self Image

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At 30, you've survived your teens, college years, your first and second job, probably started your career. years of dating, partying, traveling, and done it all without worrying about male pattern baldness. As somebody who started balding in his early to mid 20s and is only now 30, I have no sympathy. What you're experiencing is nowhere near as bad as what those of us who were balding in our 20s were experiencing.
i agree with most everything you have said but, im 34 now it still bothers me. No matter what age it strikes it hits you right in the heart of your self esteem. And yeah I made it through school and such, but i still have to make first impressions with women and what not. I guess what im saying is hair loss is awful at any age. Of course it more traumatic in your teens and your less equipt to deal with it and your in the minority. So it is harder. What im saying is you still care just as much or damn near as much about it and it still greatly affects you negativley in your 30 's thats all

Last edited:

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That said i do consider myself very lucky to be a Norwood 1 - 1.5 at 34 for sure. And id never wish hair loss on anyone. Especially a teenager

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
i agree with most everything you have said but, im 34 now it still bothers me. No matter what age it strikes it hits you right in the heart of your self esteem. And yeah I made it through school and such, but i still have to make first impressions with women and what not. I guess what im saying is hair loss is awful at any age. Of course it more traumatic in your teens and your less equipt to deal with it and your in the minority. So it is harder. What im saying is you still care just as much or damn near as much about it and it still greatly affects you negativley in your 30 's thats all
It sucks at any age, but I promise you, however much you care, it's not even half as much as an 18 or 23 year old who's going bald. Nobody can understand unless it hactually happens to them at that age

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I started losing my hair at 18. And it caused me stress beyond belief wondering how long i had left etc and staring at hundreds hairs in sink everyday. I jumped on finasteride and been using it since. Im 30 now (nw2) and married and still haunts me windering when my winning in the fight will eventually turn losing.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was at that moment, Sonicblu knew he'd fucked up.
yeah actually i thought id get a ton of sh*t for that... LoL...But ive worked my *** off for my hair. My hair loss started at 32 but ive almost obsessively treated it since 26. I knew it would f*ck me up so i took prevenative measures. Hair vitamins, viviscal, keto and dht blockers shampoo's co2 saw palmetto(the fan favorite) lol and emu oil to the scalp EVERY night. We all knock the naturals but i never lost a single hair off my head until 32 and that was after a physical stresser. That said once miniaturization starts the naturals wont do sh*t. once it started i knew it was time to go to the "Big guns " or the dark side. I was always terrified of Propecia, no longer...

Last edited:

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started losing my hair at 18. And it caused me stress beyond belief wondering how long i had left etc and staring at hundreds hairs in sink everyday. I jumped on finasteride and been using it since. Im 30 now (nw2) and married and still haunts me windering when my winning in the fight will eventually turn losing.
This is what im saying... Just because your 30 and supposed to just "be a man" and deal with it, f*ck that. it still sucks and its still terrifying and you can still have it affect you greatly. He has a unique perspective: started at 18, still treating and dealing w/ it in 30's

Last edited:

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Going high Norwood in teens or early 20s is the worst. Im just saying its horrible feeling as well losing hair young and treating it not knowing the future even though you still cosmetically have hair.

At 18 when i started shedding like hell i geniunly thought id be bald by 23. That was purely based in looking at sink and the vast amount if hair i was losing. I dont whether my balding was just slow or the finasteride saved me but having what i have now at 30 considering the yrs of hair on pillows and sink is amazing.

Needless to say all these yrs i have always been stressed about my hair. Wondering when nature would finally say fck ya.

My hairloss has stepped up a gear recently after a finasteride hiatus. Hoping i can get things back in check. I do believe though i will be high norwood one day and it doesnt give me any solace that ill be older.

I do agree though losing it all nw4 plus so young must be the worst

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've had your youth.

I was a slick NW5 at the age of 22.

Half-bald at 19.

Go back in time, imagine yourself at university and having a NW5 on your head.
i know man and thats awful. For real im sorry you had to go through that. I can only imagine how you felt. I do totally agree losing hair earlier in life is worse of course. I was just saying it still affects you very negatively in your 30's as well. Im glad you've had success w/ Transplant and minoxidil

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've had your youth.

I was a slick NW5 at the age of 22.

Half-bald at 19.

Go back in time, imagine yourself at university and having a NW5 on your head.

You're applying the same principle to people who would have told you at 22 "It's just hair", you're telling someone they don't have the right to complain because there's always someone worse out there. Hypocrite.

Sonic you can say it sucks, it does, don't feel like you have to apologise because someone wants to consider your problems irrelevant compared to theirs. In no way did you say being bald at 30 is as bad as at 20, so there's nothing wrong with what you wrote.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say it is really a big difference
I agree with you too. You will always want to look good, no matter your age.

You must just respect that you are what u are.

There are also many many guys with full hairs but they still don't look good or not much masculine ;)

And there are guys arround the world who are bald but just are ladykillers like this guy here:

aaaaa.jpg

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, of course, every balding guy just has such a perfect face and bone structure. Girls fall for his confidence, just look how he oozes confidence and self-esteem. :D

He has NOT a perfect face just a dark dangerous face that type of faces makes many girls crazy ;) He is also not really big and thin!

It is just boring here that the most guys here just think with full hairs you will have all girls arround the world. But there are millions of guys with norwood 0 on this earth which never had a girl or just have 0 chance go get a girl.

I have also friends with amazing hairs like a lion but they never get a girl .

The most people just don't have any charism ;) An amazing charism ist the key for the most women:cool::D

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
You really could not have picked a worse example. The guy has model tier facial aesthetics, and his hair is buzzed, he looks NW1.

niw79Ik.jpg

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You really could not have picked a worse example. The guy has model tier facial aesthetics, and his hair is buzzed, he looks NW1.

niw79Ik.jpg

That is NOT a model face :D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

But yes it is a very masculine face ;)

A real bad guy :D:D

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're applying the same principle to people who would have told you at 22 "It's just hair", you're telling someone they don't have the right to complain because there's always someone worse out there. Hypocrite.

Sonic you can say it sucks, it does, don't feel like you have to apologise because someone wants to consider your problems irrelevant compared to theirs. In no way did you say being bald at 30 is as bad as at 20, so there's nothing wrong with what you wrote.
well thanks man. I just think at first they maybe thought i was saying its just as bad at 30 as 18-20. We all should try and help each other on this site to get through this ordeal. I didn't want to upset anyone in anyway and i know hair loss can be a very emotional topic.

shookwun

Reaction score
Balding at 30 would be considered a privilege around here.