Losing You Hair In Your 30's And Self Image

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
well thanks man. I just think at first they maybe thought i was saying its just as bad at 30 as 18-20. We all should try and help each other on this site to get through this ordeal. I didn't want to upset anyone in anyway and i know hair loss can be a very emotional topic.
It sounded to me like you thought they were equal. As long as you understand that while losing hair is always devestating, losing at 34 is nowhere near as bad as at 22. You had your carefree youth. Still sucks, but you're relatively fortunate to have gotten to your age before male pattern baldness kicked in and destroyed your confidence and from what you say it's not even noticeable yet...

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding at 30 would be considered a privilege around here.
Relatively speaking it is. You can finish school, start dating, go to college, have sex, go to college, have some long term relationships, first job, start your career, maybe get engaged or even married and have a kid in that time. All without male pattern baldness. And it probably means less aggressive hair loss too. I'm 30 and jealous of anyone who made it to this age without male pattern baldness.
I don't even earn €25,000 a year let alone being able to save twice that in one year! You must have a hell of a good paying job...

shookwun

Reaction score
Relatively speaking it is. You can finish school, start dating, go to college, have sex, go to college, have some long term relationships, first job, start your career, maybe get engaged or even married and have a kid in that time. All without male pattern baldness. And it probably means less aggressive hair loss too. I'm 30 and jealous of anyone who made it to this age without male pattern baldness.
It wouldn't phase me as much. At thirty at the rate I am going would have over 200,000 in my bank account if I continuously save 50,000 per year. Have a house, car, girlfriend....

financing a transplant would be easy as heck.

When I had my first transplant I quit my job. No f*****g way I was going back to work at 22 looking like a science experiment. I couldn't wear a hat at work, and was constantly surrounded by white collars, and customers. I worked in the hospitality industry at the time. I was under paid, had to get into debt to fix myself. I literally started a new life before I came into the oil & gas industry. Imagine walking around at home with your family & siblings. Oppressing yourself from friends to hide your crutch.

What a joke, balding at 30. I would just chill in my house, wear a backwards ball cap and ride it out. Go on vacation to help numb my pain of hiding from others. it would be so much easier

resu

Reaction score
I think it's not so much about age but how far off in life you are, if you have a family, your wife is already letting herself go, you have a steady job, kids, balding doesn't matter much.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's not so much about age but how far off in life you are, if you have a family, your wife is already letting herself go, you have a steady job, kids, balding doesn't matter much.

It IS often about age, since most people in their 30s are already settling down (or on their way to).

Last edited:

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score

You can tell by comments like this alot of you guys have a very media influenced view of life.

Wife letting herself go comment is so cliche. Another comment that showd what it all boils doen to for alot on here... Women. For a married man like myself at 30 balding is about myself and looking in mirror and not liking my self appearance.

resu

Reaction score
You can tell by comments like this alot of you guys have a very media influenced view of life.

Wife letting herself go comment is so cliche. Another comment that showd what it all boils doen to for alot on here... Women. For a married man like myself at 30 balding is about myself and looking in mirror and not liking my self appearance.

Everything you do as a male is because of women, it's how our brains are wired. We're more basic than what we want to admit.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So your saying its not as bad balding in 30s becauae 1. Ur single but you got good run at women in 20s or 2. Your wifes going downhill anyway

Thats silly. All guys seek a partner whether they admit it or not. so a single guy in his 30s balding will be going through it badly. He wont be saying oh its ok i got alot of shagging when i was in my 20s so i dont care.

Same way a married guy in his 30s wont be saying ah its ok the wifes fat now anyways. Rubbish.

Certainly balding v young is worse because it causes social hinderence and a man doesnt mature same way. But balding in 30s is no walk in park like some here are saying

resu

Reaction score
You're assuming that life ends at after you're over 20 or something. At 30 you have a different perspective in life, you have more experience, you still look young and at your very best and that is taken away with male pattern baldness.

A married guy who is more interested in the family life of course won't care much about hair loss same way as the wife that let herself go doesn't care much about keeping her looks because the pressure doesn't exist anymore, the kids became their priority.

At old age with various health conditions it matters too because you feel invalid and less than, you see that the younger people think you're not worth a thing while an old guy with hair may look like a person that has wisdom that they can take from.

What I'm saying is that it's not a contest, it matters depending on your situation.

Last edited:

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
So your saying its not as bad balding in 30s becauae 1. Ur single but you got good run at women in 20s or 2. Your wifes going downhill anyway

Thats silly. All guys seek a partner whether they admit it or not. so a single guy in his 30s balding will be going through it badly. He wont be saying oh its ok i got alot of shagging when i was in my 20s so i dont care.

Same way a married guy in his 30s wont be saying ah its ok the wifes fat now anyways. Rubbish.

Certainly balding v young is worse because it causes social hinderence and a man doesnt mature same way. But balding in 30s is no walk in park like some here are saying

Yes exactly. It's not as bad balding in your 30s as it is in your 20s because you had a good run. it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved. At least if you make it to 30 you got to enjoy 12 of the best years of your life and youth and the transition from youth to adulthood.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ah ok then. Balding 30yr old should just think back to the 12 yrs of great sex he had and be happy haha. Rubbish.

Lifes about meeting one person. Noone carries with them the memories if exes. I dont anyways.

This threads pontless. Yes its worst when your young. Yes its bad in 30s..40s... Balding is just bad full stop ha.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah ok then. Balding 30yr old should just think back to the 12 yrs of great sex he had and be happy haha. Rubbish.

Lifes about meeting one person. Noone carries with them the memories if exes. I dont anyways.

This threads pontless. Yes its worst when your young. Yes its bad in 30s..40s... Balding is just bad full stop ha.

My life between 20 and 30 was just sh*t put all my energy into school and my job. No trips, no sexstories and just 2 girlfriends. But when i hit the magic 30 holly sh*t the party starts

Till now it was one of my best part in my life. Free like a bird and enough money that sucks haha :DDD

Some have their best time in the 20's some in the 30's some in the 40's and yes many in the 50's:D

shookwun

Reaction score
Most older people have wives, children, and all milestones achieved. A lot live there lives through there children. Baldness has a negative impact on themselves, but it's hardly a deal breaker. I see a lot of balding men in there forties who got married when they had full heads of hair, and most are still married today. try balding and trying to find a girlfriend, career, and be socially involved in activities, and other circles. It will be ten fold harder.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most older people have wives, children, and all milestones achieved. A lot live there lives through there children. Baldness has a negative impact on themselves, but it's hardly a deal breaker. I see a lot of balding men in there forties who got married when they had full heads of hair, and most are still married today. try balding and trying to find a girlfriend, career, and be socially involved in activities, and other circles. It will be ten fold harder.

If you are look for a girl between 16 and 20 years old girl then yes then it is hard.The most 27,28 + 30+ woman don't really care about the baldness.

How older a woman is more important is your personality. You can't anymore impress a 30+ Woman with muscle and a nice car.

Same to a man the important properties of a human (Girl) are much more important then big breasts.

resu

Reaction score
If you are look for a girl between 16 and 20 years old girl then yes then it is hard.The most 27,28 + 30+ woman don't really care about the baldness.

How older a woman is more important is your personality. You can't anymore impress a 30+ Woman with muscle and a nice car.

Same to a man the important properties of a human (Girl) are much more important then big breasts.

That's true to a certain extent and mainly with guys but women in their 30's are still picky, they don't care as much as guys do if they're still single. A lot of women also have no libido, even in their 20's so with these women the pressure is even less since they get emotional confort with their female friends who are also single. Then they get a dog to take care of the maternal instinct. They have everything figured out.

Last edited:

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's true to a certain extent and mainly with guys but women in their 30's are still picky, they don't care as much as guys do if they're still single. A lot of women also have no libido, even in their 20's so with these women the pressure is even less since they get confort with their female friends who are also single.

My experience :

The libido of a female in here 20's is low very very low.Shopping is more important then a guy :D

BUT in the range between 29/30 and 35 a woman is hungry for sex .

resu

Reaction score
My experience :

The libido of a female in here 20's is low very very low.Shopping is more important then a guy :D

BUT in the range between 29/30 and 35 a woman is hungry for sex .

Yes that's what they say that women's libido at 30 is at the highest but I wouldn't know.

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im that guy. experienced hair loss in my early twenties , fixed it up with a hair transplant so problem solved, fucked alot.

Now im soon 30 , single and a ticking time bomb on my head. That sh*t is stressful. i feel that i need to find the right one before genetics comes in and take back what i owe. Of course im happy and grateful for the "good years" but that doesn't help me stressing out about it now. Im compering it to women's stress finding a partner before there uterus drys up.