l'oreal thickening shampoo

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jayman, I tried the Aveda Pure Abundance volumizing shampoo and to be honest it works as good as Loreal. I am going to try it a few more days but I am thinking Loreal might be a tad better and its alot cheaper but the Aveda does have some good ingredients in it for healthy hair. I tried MIN products except I like their styling gel and I was not impressed with them. So far Loreal and Aveda Pure Abundance are the best for thickening. Jayman what did you notice different about Aveda versus Loreal?

G

DoctorHouse said:
Jayman, I tried the Aveda Pure Abundance volumizing shampoo and to be honest it works as good as Loreal. I am going to try it a few more days but I am thinking Loreal might be a tad better and its alot cheaper but the Aveda does have some good ingredients in it for healthy hair. I tried MIN products except I like their styling gel and I was not impressed with them. So far Loreal and Aveda Pure Abundance are the best for thickening. Jayman what did you notice different about Aveda versus Loreal?

i just think that for my hair at least, the aveda thickens it more.

for the l'oreal thickening i used the 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner one. is that what everyone else uses?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jayman, I am sure the loreal shampoo by itself works very similar to the 2 in 1. I would think the shampoo by itself may give a little more thickness than the 2 in 1 since some conditioners can weigh down the hair. I could be wrong. I am wondering if anyone has tried the 2 in 1 and the shampoo by itself and notices a difference between the two. Aveda still has much better ingredients for the hair though.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
I still think jasons thin to thick is better than loreal vive.

Even if I use the Loreal Shampoo + Conditioner, it dries the hell out of my hair. Jason's conditioner is actually pretty nice. I think I may have found my new shampoo and conditioner set. It doesn't seem to thicken up my hair, but my right hairline may be too thin to really thicken it up. However, I can just come my hair forward and the thinned area is covered up quite nicely.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Ok, Jayman, I made my decision, Aveda Pure Abundance is the better of the two. So you definitely made the right call. It makes the hair appear better longer without letting it go limp looking like my bad leg. I like the natural ingredients in it too. I mix it with Revita on Revita days and Nano on Nano days and that covers cosmetic thickness and helps with regrowth.

G

DoctorHouse said:
Ok, Jayman, I made my decision, Aveda Pure Abundance is the better of the two. So you definitely made the right call. It makes the hair appear better longer without letting it go limp looking like my bad leg. I like the natural ingredients in it too. I mix it with Revita on Revita days and Nano on Nano days and that covers cosmetic thickness and helps with regrowth.

House,

when you say you mix it with revita and nano, do you mean that you pre-wash with the aveda or you pre-wash with the nano or revita(depending on day) or what?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jayman I mean mix. In the palm of my hand I put a little of Revita and Pure Abundance together and make my own concoction. I do not pre-wash because it tends to dry my hair more. I tried it that way but my hair looks better with the mixed concoction. Alone revita by itself thickens pretty good and so does nano by itself. But with just a little Pure abundance added to either, it makes my hair look like Sock's or Elvis'.

beernuts_123

Reaction score
I've been using Vive Pro Thickening 2 in 1 for about 3-4 months now.

I have to leave a positive review because it does work.
My hair is visibly more thick, and has more volume.

You do have to leave it in for about 5 minutes though, because the days I am forced to wash and rinse within a minute or two, my hair is usually flat.

Anyways, the bottle is almost empty and I'm switching to Aveda soon..