Looking For Advise On Dutasteride And More

RichardCas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

I am new to the forum and have been looking over many threads regarding Dutasteride and was after a little input from people and their regimes. I am about to start Dutasteride GSK

I have read information such as:

/Finasteride taken daily paired with Dustasteride either once a week or twice a week.

/Just simply Dustasteride 1 x week

/Dutasteride taken daily.

I was just hoping for some information regarding how they take it? Does anyone still use Minoxidil if they take Dutasteride everyday? or is there no real need.

I look forward to hearing your opinions.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get a prescription, it will direct you on how often\much to take dutasteride. Like any other medication, just go with that.

Minoxidil works in a completely different way, so it might be worth it to take it as well. I personally use both, every single day.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get a prescription, it will direct you on how often\much to take dutasteride. Like any other medication, just go with that.

Minoxidil works in a completely different way, so it might be worth it to take it as well. I personally use both, every single day.

What were your results from dutasteride? Did you have a period of using just dutasteride? Do you take .5mg daily?

I have been taking .5mg avodart daily for 4 months but have had no response

RichardCas

My Regimen
Reaction score

Regards your Dutasteride daily, is that all you take yeah? (Obvs apart from your Minoxidil) No Finasteride or anything like that with it, even once or twice a week just for a top up?

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also need advice on duta, but don't want to create another thread.

I'm on month 10 of finasteride. My shedding has reduced back to pre-finasteride levels, but my hairline and overall density is worse. Do I give it more time, or is now the time for me to jump ship?

And advice is appreciated, thank you!

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also need advice on duta, but don't want to create another thread.

I'm on month 10 of finasteride. My shedding has reduced back to pre-finasteride levels, but my hairline and overall density is worse. Do I give it more time, or is now the time for me to jump ship?

And advice is appreciated, thank you!

Add .5mg (1 tablet) of dutasteride once a week to your regime

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 0.5mg dutasteride every day, have been for maybe 6 months. Before that I took finasteride for over a year. I also use minoxidil.

Started with finasteride for 4 months, no regrowth. Added minoxidil, then my hair started to grow. Since switching from finasteride to dutasteride, maybe got a bit of a boost. No shedding or negative sides at all (slight boost in libido). Only downside is my insurance doesn't cover it. I also don't love the idea of taking medication for life (I take no other pills, barely use Advil)

finasteride\dutasteride doesn't typically regrow a lot of hair (sometimes they do). I only keep taking it because it should be helping to keep the hair I already have.

I would weigh your options carefully, start with one drug at a time. Which is worse to you, the prospect of taking internal medicine, or having to put minoxidil on your head twice a day? Keeping in mind that MOST people get regrowth from minoxidil, and not from finasteride\dutasteride.

Hope this answers questions.

RichardCas

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 0.5mg dutasteride every day, have been for maybe 6 months. Before that I took finasteride for over a year. I also use minoxidil.

Started with finasteride for 4 months, no regrowth. Added minoxidil, then my hair started to grow. Since switching from finasteride to dutasteride, maybe got a bit of a boost. No shedding or negative sides at all (slight boost in libido). Only downside is my insurance doesn't cover it. I also don't love the idea of taking medication for life (I take no other pills, barely use Advil)

finasteride\dutasteride doesn't typically regrow a lot of hair (sometimes they do). I only keep taking it because it should be helping to keep the hair I already have.

I would weigh your options carefully, start with one drug at a time. Which is worse to you, the prospect of taking internal medicine, or having to put minoxidil on your head twice a day? Keeping in mind that MOST people get regrowth from minoxidil, and not from finasteride\dutasteride.

Hope this answers questions.

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate the time and effort for clearing some stuff up.

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Combination therapy with finasteride and low-dose dutasteride
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/9c8f/fdaf449571b3b1939063e6bab458b10c1813.pdf

a) Baseline pretreatment.
b) 6 months on finasteride.
c) Reduction of hair density after 4 years on finasteride.
d) Low-dose dutasteride (0.5 mg per week) while still on finasteride.

123.png

@MyThinningConfidence

Last edited:

RichardCas

My Regimen
Reaction score

RichardCas

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0722.PNG

IMG_0720.jpg

These are the tablets that I am currently on, I take 1 every morning.

I got them from Oxford Online Pharmacy if I remember correctly, are they legit?????? as I have read many threads about about fake Dustasteride and what not.

Do they cause a crazy shed at first if so how long does it last??? as I have noticed my left temple go back quite the bit since starting them and its not as if just micro sized hairs are dropping out, there is also full length ones with a good thickness to them.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 111422

View attachment 111424

View attachment 111423

These are the tablets that I am currently on, I take 1 every morning.

I got them from Oxford Online Pharmacy if I remember correctly, are they legit?????? as I have read many threads about about fake Dustasteride and what not.

Do they cause a crazy shed at first if so how long does it last??? as I have noticed my left temple go back quite the bit since starting them and its not as if just micro sized hairs are dropping out, there is also full length ones with a good thickness to them.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

Same ones I have. Work for me.

RichardCas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same ones I have. Work for me.

Hey,

How long have you been taking them for?

Did you notice any crazy shed or side effects? I don't feel any side effects at all, I don't know whether thats good or bad, as I have read a few comments regarding people who have had good success with them and quite a few of them noticed something whether it been increased libido or the good old ache in the balls?

Thanks as always

Richard

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

How long have you been taking them for?

Did you notice any crazy shed or side effects? I don't feel any side effects at all, I don't know whether thats good or bad, as I have read a few comments regarding people who have had good success with them and quite a few of them noticed something whether it been increased libido or the good old ache in the balls?

Thanks as always

Richard
Increased libido for 3 weeks or so after starting that's it.No shedding.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using Avodart since 2010. I switched over from Propecia as it was losing efficacy. I have never had any side effects. I have started a few weeks with dermarolling to see if I can still get an improvement. However if alternative treatment becomes available I will switch over as I am not keen taking it until I bite the dust. Apart from being more potent than Propecia you can go easy on the timing. Due to long half life it does not matter if you take it around every 24 hours.

RichardCas

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using Avodart since 2010. I switched over from Propecia as it was losing efficacy. I have never had any side effects. I have started a few weeks with dermarolling to see if I can still get an improvement. However if alternative treatment becomes available I will switch over as I am not keen taking it until I bite the dust. Apart from being more potent than Propecia you can go easy on the timing. Due to long half life it does not matter if you take it around every 24 hours.

So you take it everyday yeah?
And when you mention derma rolling is that then followed by application of something like that of minoxidil or just simply only derma roll?

Avodart work very well for me!

Great news, what is your routine? Do you take 1 tablet everyday or do 1 day then miss a day and so on?

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you take it everyday yeah?
And when you mention derma rolling is that then followed by application of something like that of minoxidil or just simply only derma roll?

Yes, every day I take one.
I just started dermarolling...will use in combination with Trinov soon.
See how that goes...

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ooops..stuffed up reply RichardCas..
Yes, daily I take one..soon dermarolling with Trinov..no minoxidil