Looking For Advise On Dutasteride And More

RichardCas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ooops..stuffed up reply RichardCas..
Yes, daily I take one..soon dermarolling with Trinov..no minoxidil

Yeah I am currently on it daily, I just seem to be still shedding an amount of hairs. I know its facts that you shed 60 to 100+ hairs a day naturally but when you worry about your hairline you notice every hair that drops and panic hahahaha.

Like I say, a lot of my hairs are normal length / thickness and not micronised so I am hoping the ones that drop are just simply doing there cycle and not connected to male pattern baldness fingers crossed.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im taking dutasteride, my libido is lower but no worse than when i was on finasteride, decrease in semen volume, other than that no problems. I started of taking it every second day but just bumped it up to each day.

RichardCas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im taking dutasteride, my libido is lower but no worse than when i was on finasteride, decrease in semen volume, other than that no problems. I started of taking it every second day but just bumped it up to each day.

How long have you been on it for now? And would you say it has held up the receding, or have you still noticed a little hairline retreat but the scalp and crown are fine?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I am currently on it daily, I just seem to be still shedding an amount of hairs. I know its facts that you shed 60 to 100+ hairs a day naturally but when you worry about your hairline you notice every hair that drops and panic hahahaha.

Like I say, a lot of my hairs are normal length / thickness and not micronised so I am hoping the ones that drop are just simply doing there cycle and not connected to male pattern baldness fingers crossed.

How long have you been on avodart?

Im about 5 months in of 1 tablet daily but still losing hair so was thinking it wasnt working?

Ive added daily 1.25mg finasteride to see if anything happens and will drop avodart to every other day after about a month

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been on it for now? And would you say it has held up the receding, or have you still noticed a little hairline retreat but the scalp and crown are fine?

My hairline isn't really that bad, im 29 and i don't expect to have a perfect NW0 hairline, im mostly diffuse on top with a bad crown. I have been on it 2 or 3 months so it's too early to tell if it's helping, no itch or anything while on it which is a good sign.

Last edited:

RichardCas

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been on avodart?

Im about 5 months in of 1 tablet daily but still losing hair so was thinking it wasnt working?

Ive added daily 1.25mg finasteride to see if anything happens and will drop avodart to every other day after about a month

I have been on Dutasteride since the 20 something of December 2018 if I remember correctly so entering 5/6th week on it. Like I say I'm no expert on it and doing the good old faithful google research never really helps as you read all sorts of verdicts from:

-People not loosing any hair at all, and stopped the shed / recede in its tracks

-Then you read people shed like crazy (Visible signs of scalp) every 3 months or so

-Then theres the horror story of loosing a sh*t load of hair and not seeing any difference till around the 12 month mark but the hairline never recovers etc etc

- As well as people shedding and recede but never recover at all

Theres so much, you don't know what to believe, and obviously when you read the ones about crazy shed and never recovered you start to think the worst.