Loeral Mimics Hypoxia-> PGE2->stemcelProtection

Sparky4444

Reaction score
The eye burning is a real pain.
The bottles contain 5 ml - can last for 2 days but the irritation it causes to the eyes is very bothersome.
L'Oreal is banking a lot on this product - its mentioned in their quarterly results..

What does the product packaging say for usage??? every day, every month, etc...or is it in cycles like some are suggesting??

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
What does the product packaging say for usage??? every day, every month, etc...or is it in cycles like some are suggesting??

Its in French...

But they basically say 1 per day for 3 months.

Very cynically (but practically), the 3 month thing can be easily explained. The clinical trials were for 3 months. Anything above that, and they don't claim anything or are liable for anything either.

So far my results...around 2 weeks in?

Nothing in terms of practical results -- no stoppage of hair loss (it continues aggressively and shed has increased thanks to this product in my estimate). Eye burning and scalp burning sensation are irritants.
Cant see any new regrowth

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
Any results so far?

Sorry, but I stopped taking this ..
It was a big pain to apply & the irritation thereafter was too much to bear. On top of it, it didnt soothe my scalp or reduce shedding but increased it, and I am already a Norwood-3V.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Sorry, but I stopped taking this ..
It was a big pain to apply & the irritation thereafter was too much to bear. On top of it, it didnt soothe my scalp or reduce shedding but increased it, and I am already a Norwood-3V.

thanx for putting yourself out there on this Aks20....your efforts won't be in vain...

:pint:

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks man....i needed that beer :)....its just been one disappointment after another so far...hope things change!

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Ive been doing studies for couple weeks regarding Oxygen, PGE2, Stemcel progenitor CD34 cells (for hairgrowth)

In hort:
http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.c...to-launch-new-active-to-increase-hair-density

Loreal says their new product"NEOGENIC" mimics Hypoxia (LOW Oxygen Environment), which stimulates the CD34 stemcell, and as result faster hairgrowth.
Now I have Been searching the Role of Hypoxia, Oxygen and PGE2. It seems Hypoxia promotes PGE2 as EP1 receptor.
This leads on its turn activation of the CD34 Stemcel.
http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/content/113/22/5444.full.pdf

I Havent fully studied the PDF yet, because of all the reading I Have to do, It would be nice to get some input from you guys regarding this pathway.

I think its pure Marketing what they are trying. They have a made a patented molecule, that increases PGE2 and on its turn, stemcel protection.

We can do this Directly. by exogenous PGE2.

Hypoxia decreases intracellular calcium, I am a firm beiliever in calcium (Ca2+) being a major cause in balding, not sure how yet, I have read numerous studies showing how calcium levels are increased by dht. Other studies that show minoxidil and many other hairloss treatments reduce intracellular calcium levels.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
The rename is... odd. Could it be due to trademark dispute reasons? Could it be that L'oreal don't want potential customers from Googling Neogenic and seeing a lack of results? I do find it odd that they are marketing the product with an overtly Francophone product name in a country that is notoriously monolingual. Strange.

BTW from what I have read elsewhere, if anyone really wants to try it, the vials contain so much liquid that you don't need anywhere near the full quantity the stuff to use it for the suggested three months.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
It's still called Neogenic too. Although this is called a cream. Kirby is correct, I am using this again and each vial has 6ml. For me 2ml is plenty to cover my areas of concern. One box last about 3 months for me. After my second time around, this stuff does work to the extent it thickens up your hair and decreases shedding. I thought it might be coincidence but this happened when it I used it before too. I gave a break for a month or two and my shedding increased over time. It has me convinced that it might help with age related thinning more than male pattern baldness.

Jacob

Reaction score
The rename is... odd. Could it be due to trademark dispute reasons? Could it be that L'oreal don't want potential customers from Googling Neogenic and seeing a lack of results? I do find it odd that they are marketing the product with an overtly Francophone product name in a country that is notoriously monolingual. Strange.

BTW from what I have read elsewhere, if anyone really wants to try it, the vials contain so much liquid that you don't need anywhere near the full quantity the stuff to use it for the suggested three months.

They haven't renamed it and gotten rid of Neogenic. They've just put out what seems to be the same product, under their Kerastase brand as well. It's just another good marketing strategy..and it may also have to do with where the brands are sold(or can be sold) or the most popular.

- - - Updated - - -

The pictures at Amazon etc show it to be a liquid in those glass vials..not a cream.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jacob, wonder why the article from the UK called the Keratase a cream? There is a video of how to apply the Keratase and it does have different applicator but not sure if its a cream. I don't have the link but watch the video and you tell me if it looks like a liquid or cream.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Put the "cream" description down to typical low quality Daily Mail journalism. They're notoriously terrible for science and medical coverage.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Arent age related thinning and male pattern baldness the same thing? Where is the line drawn on where it goes from one to the other? I dont buy into mature hairlines or age thinning or any of that it all sounds like a cop out to explain our lack of ability to do anything about it. I know plenty of men that aging must have missed then

Jacob

Reaction score
Did anyone ever try the Kérastase Densifique? Maybe someone has used Neogenic as well..to compare the two. Wondering about ease of application..etc

Helios

Reaction score
Yeah, i am using Kérastase Densifique, for about 7 weeks i think. Can't really say if it did anything but i got an hair on my forehead where i think i never got hair.
I also hate it that they perfumed it.

Jacob

Reaction score
Yeah, i am using Kérastase Densifique, for about 7 weeks i think. Can't really say if it did anything but i got an hair on my forehead where i think i never got hair.
I also hate it that they perfumed it.

Is it easy to apply?
I'm assuming Neogenic has a perfume-y smell to it as well?

Helios

Reaction score
Is it easy to apply?
I'm assuming Neogenic has a perfume-y smell to it as well?

Yeah, it's pretty easy to apply with the dropper and it dries up quickly.
You only have to use it once a day, so you can counter the perfume smell and apply it at night.

I never used Neogenic, but after some searching:
I think that stuff is just a bit of perfume in a vial..'
It's a nice smell..

Could well be Neogenic has a more masculine smell to it.