List Of Strongest To Weakest Antiandrogens

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
with respect to the increase of testosterone in both flutamide and bicalutamide and to know if the drug is capable of blocking all this? I used 500 mg of fluta almost one year and my hair got worse ...
I would give you a chance 750 mg but I do not know ... any opinion ??

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
with respect to the increase of testosterone in both flutamide and bicalutamide and to know if the drug is capable of blocking all this? I used 500 mg of fluta almost one year and my hair got worse ...
I would give you a chance 750 mg but I do not know ... any opinion ??
750mg flutamine is way too low of a dose

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when I took it topically around February/March, I started getting gyno around the 9th day and felt it only had slight effects on my hair. when I take raloxifene orally with oral bicalutamide the effects It has on my hair are more pronounced. oral>>>>>topical, both will give u gyno if u don't use a SERM
So are you seeing regrowth on bica?

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "DHTcel, post: 1807005, miembro: 140334"] 750 mg de flutamina es una dosis demasiado baja [/ QUOTE]

Me ocuparé de 1000 mg tal vez con ese trabajo ... ¿qué Telogen Effluvium parece? pero para el cáncer de próstata, si no me equivoco, usan 250 tres veces al día.
750mg flutamine is way too low of a dose

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on dude. They know what they're doing - they're not asking you to preach them. It's just their hair is more important to them than some feminization. Why aren't you getting this simple fact?
A little bit of feminisation would make you more adorable.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So are you seeing regrowth on bica?
when I touch my hair before bicalutamide the whole top hurts and has pain as well as a little on the sides and back whereas now there is not pain on the back and sides and the pain on the top has went away 30%ish I've only been on it for 11 days

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2981508/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicalutamide#cite_note-pmid19359544-155

"Bicalutamide has relatively low affinity for AR (at least 30-fold reduced relative to the natural ligand dihydrotestosterone (DHT))"

So Bicalutamide is pretty weak when used alone and if testosterone is not lowered enough. I really don't think it's a good alternative to Finasteride, because it increase testosterone and thus DHT and it cannot compete well with DHT. It's just a fact.
But if you use it alongside with an another AA like Cyproterone or Estradiol (you need high levels) so of course it will help, by a lot. The main issue is that it will make you at best dependant to it in a long term use, and sometimes (but pretty rare) can make your androgen receptors really sensitive. That's why some trans experience remasculinisation when they stop Bicalutamide (and in some extent CPA) after an orchiectomy.

It's not something we can recommend blindly to everyone as an alternative to Finateride/Dutasteride/Spironolactone/Cyproterone ... except if you're willing to use Estradiol with it, that way it will obliterate your testosterone and make the few of it inactive.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

"Bicalutamide has relatively low affinity for AR (at least 30-fold reduced relative to the natural ligand dihydrotestosterone (DHT))"

So Bicalutamide is pretty weak when used alone and if testosterone is not lowered enough. I really don't think it's a good alternative to Finasteride, because it increase testosterone and thus DHT and it cannot compete well with DHT. It's just a fact.
But if you use it alongside with an another AA like Cyproterone or Estradiol (you need high levels) so of course it will help, by a lot. The main issue is that it will make you at best dependant to it in a long term use, and sometimes (but pretty rare) can make your androgen receptors really sensitive. That's why some trans experience remasculinisation when they stop Bicalutamide (and in some extent CPA) after an orchiectomy.

It's not something we can recommend blindly to everyone as an alternative to Finateride/Dutasteride/Spironolactone/Cyproterone ... except if you're willing to use Estradiol with it, that way it will obliterate your testosterone and make the few of it inactive.
This is known as distortion of facts according to one's own will. :)

"The affinity of bicalutamide for the AR is relatively low as it is approximately 30 to 100 times lower than that of DHT, which is 2.5- to 10-fold as potent as an AR agonist as testosterone in bioassays and is the main endogenous ligand of the receptor in the prostate gland.[154][145][1][155] However, typical clinical dosages of bicalutamide result in circulating levels of the drug that are thousands of times higher than those of testosterone and DHT, allowing it to powerfully prevent them from binding to and activating the receptor."

"In addition, circulating therapeutic concentrations of nonsteroidal antiandrogens are very high, on the order of thousands of times higher than those of testosterone and DHT, and this allows them to efficaciously compete and block AR signaling.[103]"

Simply put, although bical has low affinity to AR, it accumulates in the body and circulation levels are so high that it is effectively able to bind ARs, and is even more potent than steroidal anti-androgens.

This may also mean that in the first month of bical, it may actually harm hair, since AR blockage would not reach to maximum and T would be increased. (?)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190617-075042.png
    Screenshot_20190617-075042.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 203

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

WHy did you not include the part where it says that the drug builds up to concentrations thousands above both testosterone and dht?

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is known as distortion of facts according to one's own will. :)

"The affinity of bicalutamide for the AR is relatively low as it is approximately 30 to 100 times lower than that of DHT, which is 2.5- to 10-fold as potent as an AR agonist as testosterone in bioassays and is the main endogenous ligand of the receptor in the prostate gland.[154][145][1][155] However, typical clinical dosages of bicalutamide result in circulating levels of the drug that are thousands of times higher than those of testosterone and DHT, allowing it to powerfully prevent them from binding to and activating the receptor."

"In addition, circulating therapeutic concentrations of nonsteroidal antiandrogens are very high, on the order of thousands of times higher than those of testosterone and DHT, and this allows them to efficaciously compete and block AR signaling.[103]"

Simply put, although bical has low affinity to AR, it accumulates in the body and circulation levels are so high that it is effectively able to bind ARs, and is even more potent than steroidal anti-androgens.

This may also mean that in the first month of bical, it may actually harm hair, since AR blockage would not reach to maximum and T would be increased. (?)
Yes it’s possible the first 6 weeks of bica are not hair friendly. You learn quickly :)

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="DHTcel, post: 1807101, mDimethyl curcumin es it’s possible the first 6 weeks of bica are not hair friendly. You learn quickly :)[/QUOTE]
Haha thanks!

BTW, thanks to itchymadsclap, when I was reading AR page of wiki, I came across this. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethylcurcumin. It is interesting that it's been investigated for male pattern baldness.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="DHTcel, post: 1807101, mDimethyl curcumin es it’s possible the first 6 weeks of bica are not hair friendly. You learn quickly :)
Haha thanks!

BTW, thanks to itchymadsclap, when I was reading AR page of wiki, I came across this. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethylcurcumin. It is interesting that it's been investigated for male pattern baldness.[/QUOTE]
That’s a SARD : selective androgen receptor degrader, very heavy on the sides.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
QUOTE]That’s a SARD : selective androgen receptor degrader, very heavy on the sides.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just read it doesn't work either, duh.