List Of Strongest To Weakest Antiandrogens

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For being 17 - Hi buddy, welcome to the gang of early balders lol
I started balding at 14-15. started minoxidil at 15.5. didn't do anything. got prescribed finasteride at 16 (worked for 45 days). then it stopped working and didn't do anything. then I got dutasteride prescribed at 16.5 and that didn't do anything. Im 17-17.5 now.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started balding at 14-15. started minoxidil at 15.5. didn't do anything. got prescribed finasteride at 16 (worked for 45 days). then it stopped working and didn't do anything. then I got dutasteride prescribed at 16.5 and that didn't do anything. Im 17-17.5 now.

I’m glad you started early... If you left it, you could have ended up like me...

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gonna PM you after 3 months asking for your results. I do hope Bicalutamide works out for you guys. (not so that I can hop on it in future but I really want it to work for you guys.)

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gonna PM you after 3 months asking for your results. I do hope Bicalutamide works out for you guys. (not so that I can hop on it in future but I really want it to work for you guys.)
Don't you think a growth modulator like minoxidil is lacking in your regimen?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Strength of Antiandrogens by % decrease in Prostate-Specific Antigen
(serum PSA is a biochemical marker of androgen action in tissues)

1. +100mg Bicalutamide (-97%)
2. 50mg Bicalutamide (-90%)
3. +750mg Flutamide (-75%)
4. 30mg Bicalutamide (-73%)
5. +50mg Cyproterone Acetate (-70%)
6.+200mg Spironolactone (-67%)
7. 10mg Bicalutamide (-57%)
8. 100mg Spironolactone (-46%)
9. 0.5mg Dutasteride (-35%)
10. 5mg Finasteride (-25%)
I don't know a lot about endocrinology, but I'd like to ask if the others of these reduce actual DHT levels — either directly or indirectly — to the same extent as finasteride and dutasteride are able to?

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about endocrinology, but I'd like to ask if the others of these reduce actual DHT levels — either directly or indirectly — to the same extent as finasteride and dutasteride are able to?

Aren't you the same person who claimed that 5AR inhibitors can have a permanent effect on hair in some individuals...?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
androgens cause hair loss, not only dht. look at my thread here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...on-androgenetic-alopecia.123178/#post-1806171
But why is it that males who have congenital 5ar type 2 deficiency never lose any of their hair? Their levels of all hormones other than DHT are normal.
Also, in my own case, my hair loss was aggressive, but Dutasteride has completely halted my hair loss and given me a good amount of regrowth. I've used it for five years. There was also a large-scale Dutasteride study that found that 99.4% of users were at or above baseline after four years.
I'm not denying that other androgens may play some sort of a role in hair loss too, but it would appear to me that DHT is the main contributor.

Aren't you the same person who claimed that 5AR inhibitors can have a permanent effect on hair in some individuals...?
Yes

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But why is it that males who have congenital 5ar type 2 deficiency never lose any of their hair? Their levels of all hormones other than DHT are normal.
Also, in my own case, my hair loss was aggressive, but Dutasteride has completely halted my hair loss and given me a good amount of regrowth. I've used it for five years. There was also a large-scale Dutasteride study that found that 99.4% of users were at or above baseline after four years.
I'm not denying that other androgens may play some sort of a role in hair loss too, but it would appear to me that DHT is the main contributor.

Yes

I am interested to know how you concluded that 'males who have congenital 5ar type 2 deficiency never lose any of their hair'...

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would bicalutamide be recommended over dutasteride? I’m 21 and have been taking dutasteride since 17-18. The sides aren’t insanely bad, but they are quite annoying (lower sex drive, brain fog etc). Also curious on the price of bical and how to obtain.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am interested to know how you concluded that 'males who have congenital 5ar type 2 deficiency never lose any of their hair'...
It has been observed in studies of different groups of these individuals. There have been large numbers of 5ar type 2 deficient males studied in places such as the Dominican Republic, Turkey, and Papua New Guinea. In all of these individuals, there was no evidence of any hair loss.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes
then why do men who take finasteride/dutasteride for BPH almost always end up getting Prostate Cancer and dying later anyways? After all the genes for prostate cancer and baldness are both in the androgen X chromosome which lies in the nucleus which can only be activated by the androgen receptor. The androgen receptor is activated by both testosterone and dht, after all the AR is the biological target of Testosterone and DHT.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been observed in studies of different groups of these individuals. There have been large numbers of 5ar type 2 deficient males studied in places such as the Dominican Republic, Turkey, and Papua New Guinea. In all of these individuals, there was no evidence of any hair loss.
so why do women who have only 70% less DHT than men rarely go bald, oh yeah its because they have 40-fold less testosterone and 20-fold less free testosterone.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would bicalutamide be recommended over dutasteride? I’m 21 and have been taking dutasteride since 17-18. The sides aren’t insanely bad, but they are quite annoying (lower sex drive, brain fog etc). Also curious on the price of bical and how to obtain.
if u are maintaining on dutasteride then I would recommend 10mg Bicalutamide only bro. after all both finasteride and dutasteride have more side effects than bicalutamide.

Lets see.
"it has been reported that bicalutamide monotherapy (at 50 mg/day) has very little or no effect on the ultrastructure of the testes and on spermatogenesis in men even after long-term therapy (>4 years).[135][136] This may be explained by the extremely high local levels of testosterone in the testes, in that it is likely that systemic bicalutamide therapy is unable to achieve concentrations of the drug within the testes that are able to considerably block androgen signaling in this part of the body.[135] This is particularly so considering that bicalutamide increases circulating testosterone levels, and by extension gonadal testosterone production, by up to two-fold in males,[75] and that only a small fraction of normal intratesticular testosterone levels, and by extension androgen action, appears to be necessary to maintain spermatogenesis.[53][134] Bicalutamide monotherapy at 50 mg/day causes no or clinically unimportant Leydig cell hyperplasia.[136][137]"

so bicalutamide is safe for your dick. how about dutasteride?

"Sexual dysfunction, such as erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, or reduced semen volume, may occur in 3.4 to 15.8% of men treated with finasteride or dutasteride.[16][26] This is linked to lower quality of life and can cause stress in relationships.[27] It has been reported that in a subset of men, these adverse sexual side effects may persist even after discontinuation of finasteride or dutasteride.[28] Some have decreased sperm numbers as low as 10% of pretreatment values.[29]"

damn, 10% reduction in sperm count. bicalutamide doesn't cause that. Take bicalutamide at 10mg by itself. It will have a more beneficial effect on your hair than dutasteride at 0.5mg or finasteride will. It decreases the action of androgens with the androgen receptor by 57% at that dose and dutasteride decreases it by 35%, finasteride by 25%. good luck

one 50mg bicalutamide tablet costs 2 bucks. in your case though it would only cost 40cents if you took 10mg. Im using 50-100mg because I didn't respond to finasteride,dutasteride,minoxidil, etc. I started balding at 14

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

And, how is this relevant to those who don't have such a condition? 5AR inhibitors were inspired by them, since they naturally have smaller prostates and do not develop benign prostate hyperplasia. I believe those with 5ARD can have a sensitivity to androgens and end up balding, although it wouldn't be common. It's not documented significantly enough to make such a generalisation; most of these studies are old. If I can recall correctly, one of the initial studies which was conducted about those with 5ARD mentioned that castrated men do not go bald, although that doesn't seem to be definite since some have such a significant sensitivity to androgens that the minuscule remaining amount is enough to lead to the progression of balding.

I often wonder if those with 5ARD can develop prostate cancer...

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And, how is this relevant to those who don't have such a condition? 5AR inhibitors were inspired by them, since they naturally have smaller prostates and do not develop benign prostate hyperplasia. I believe those with 5ARD can have a sensitivity to androgens and end up balding, although it wouldn't be common. It's not documented significantly enough to make such a generalisation; most of these studies are old. If I can recall correctly, one of the initial studies which was conducted about those with 5ARD mentioned that castrated men do not go bald, although that doesn't seem to be definite since some have such a significant sensitivity to androgens that the minuscule remaining amount is enough to lead to the progression of balding.

I often wonder if those with 5ARD can develop prostate cancer...
if someone had 5ar deficiency and started balding at 15, it wouldn't mean sh*t.

Reaction score
DHT is the only hormone that has been proven to be involved in hair loss. The belief that other hormones can be involved is not proven and is just speculation. It is irresponsible and dangerous to be making these sorts of claims, and to be advertising to newcomers these very powerful transgender-like treatments that will basically turn a man into a woman. It is a known and proven fact that 5ar type 2 deficient males never lose any hair at all. It is also a known and proven fact that finasteride and dutasteride are incredibly effective for hair loss. Just look at the studies if you don't believe me. If DHT was not by far the biggest culprit in hair loss, these facts simply wouldn't be the case.