Life changing success with Finasteride! PICS

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine SEEMS to always be shedding. I said to my flatmate the other day, "man, I can't believe I'm not bald yet, I lose so much hair!" But yeah, I guess it just grows back because it still looks the same!

I also had a nasty shed recently, but that was my fault for not ordering new supplies for 2 months! It still looks better than before I started, but it's thinned out a bit.

Just hang in there for a few months and maybe switch to dutasteride?

Also, I find that I know when a shed is coming cos my head itches like a b**ch! It's rarely itchy when I've been taking finasteride consistantly.

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the work. You just need to click on them, then press the refresh button. I don't know why it's like that. I'll have a look to see if I can fix them.

By the way, there is nothing special about the pics.

subzerohero

Reaction score
Did you get any sides from fina?
Gynaecomastia maybe?
Because I really like your results but I had gyno and i'm afraid it'll come back when i take fina

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I fixed them now.

I host them on picasa and direct link them, only they must have some security feature on the or something. Anyway, I managed to fix them by changing the links a bit.

I don't wear my hair like that anymore though, but it was nice for a bit of a changed for a while. Made me really comfortable with the receding hairline since it was really "in your face".

Coool!

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, so nobody needs to go apesh*t over this, but..

I can now honestly say that going on a 2 month finasteride break is NOT GOOD!

My hair on top is considerably worse than before the break, even though I've been back on for 6 weeks or so. It could be the possible "initial shed" that some people apparently get when (re)starting finasteride, though it might just be (hopefully) continued temporary damage from the 2 month break.

I will say now that my scalp was itchy, oily, and burning during the 2nd month of my break, which indicates that DHT had risen. This unpleasantness has disappeared since restarting finasteride, but there seems to be a dull pain in some spots when I touch it. Could be healing from the previous inflammation? Not sure..

Aside from all of this, the hairs along my hairline, which had gotten a bit f*cked up, are really starting to get better again. I also have a sh*tload of shorter hairs over my scalp, which I'm hoping were ones that shed from the break, but are now re-growing again..

I can still style my hair to make not-so-obvious, and I still feel pretty good, so it's hopefully not a big worry. It's mainly just when I stand in front of a bright light, MAN THAT'S SCARY SH*T!

Anyway, please don't over-react to this update..

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just let it be a lesson to you, and to all of us: Stay on finasteride!

You have one of the best success stories on here man. I don't think you've done any permanent damage but it would be certainly be a shame to see those results go to waste.

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey anyone who cares to read this.

Well, my hair has been shedding like a muthafucka since going back on finasteride at the start of May after a 2 month break.

It's still not quite as bad as it once was, but it's not far off.

I'm guessing it's the initial shed some people get when they first start finasteride. Short hairs, long hairs, hairs on top, hair at the sides, it's all coming out!

I'm so pissed.

Anyway, just letting you know "as a lesson".

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey brent, why did you decide to add DIM to your regimen?

also, do you experience heavy bouts of inflammation of the scalp when you shed like this?

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
abovedagame said:

also, do you experience heavy bouts of inflammation of the scalp when you shed like this?

what exactly is dim?

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DIM is a special technique of taking a small balb and add a dimmer function to it. You let this shine on your scalp for 90 minutes a day and the dim effect stimulates follicles, bringing them to the surface and destroying all DHT effecting your hair.

That is DIM

SuperMeh

Established Member
Reaction score
Brent I really wish you well, have followed your previous success and it's the thing that made me start sorting my hair situation out =/ hope things get better soon. I think the body really does not like huge hormone changes, we're just gonna have to give it a lot of time. Hang in there :)

DIM is good for hormonal balance, it's a good addition to any regime, I believe it is best naturally available in things like broccoli and cauliflower. You can buy it in supplement form too, check it out. I'd advise eating more DIM friendly food though.

http://www.dimfaq.com/site/toc.htm

but What about Today

Established Member
Reaction score
hey brent when you stoped useing finasteride, did you stop minoxidil and nizoral also, i dont undertand why you would lose your hair if they are all strong to begin with.

SuperMeh

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure he was only ever on finasteride.

I am the same, so I have used his example as something to aim for =[

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
but What about Today said:
hey brent when you stoped useing finasteride, did you stop minoxidil and nizoral also, i dont undertand why you would lose your hair if they are all strong to begin with.

As SuperMeh already stated, I've never been on minoxidil. I haven't used Nizoral in a long time either. I do however use a Piroctone Olamine shampoo from time to time.

abovedagame said:

I started DIM about the same time as I went back on Finasteride after the 2 month break. Even though I've never had major side from Finasteride, I wanted some piece of mind in regards to my estrogen levels..

YES, inflammation like a sonofabitch when I shed.. Sucks!

SuperMeh said:
Brent I really wish you well, have followed your previous success and it's the thing that made me start sorting my hair situation out =/ hope things get better soon. I think the body really does not like huge hormone changes, we're just gonna have to give it a lot of time. Hang in there :)

DIM is good for hormonal balance, it's a good addition to any regime, I believe it is best naturally available in things like broccoli and cauliflower. You can buy it in supplement form too, check it out. I'd advise eating more DIM friendly food though.

http://www.dimfaq.com/site/toc.htm

Cheers buddy! All the best!

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Would you be so kind to explain how you actually go about "DIM"? Do you take a supplement or are you eating more vegetables? Have you noticed any difference since starting DIM? Do you feel more in balance? I (we) appreciate your responses! Thanks.
Tim