Life changing success with Finasteride! PICS

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
hey brentx

you really had good results with finasteride alone!

i hope to have results as good as yours

what Norwood would you say you are now?

cheers

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
BodyDysmorphic said:
hey brentx

you really had good results with finasteride alone!

i hope to have results as good as yours

what Norwood would you say you are now?

cheers

NW2 with some thinning on top.. Best results afer I stopped coming to this forum everyday..

HelpMePlease

Reaction score
great results mate i can relate to your story quite a bit but i havent attempted any meds yet. my hair started receeding 15 or 16 i think but my hair was REALLY thick now im just turnin 18 im receeded quite bad but i can cover well when the fronts longer. my worry now is when i got out the bath there was about 100 hairs which i believe are from the top just thinnin out.

have u got any advice or anything beneficial please. i just try and hide the fact im losing it from myself and every now and then ill notice it and get really down. im usually a quite positive person but this along with other things is really giving my convidence in everything a batterin

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
HelpMePlease said:
great results mate i can relate to your story quite a bit but i havent attempted any meds yet. my hair started receeding 15 or 16 i think but my hair was REALLY thick now im just turnin 18 im receeded quite bad but i can cover well when the fronts longer. my worry now is when i got out the bath there was about 100 hairs which i believe are from the top just thinnin out.

have u got any advice or anything beneficial please. i just try and hide the fact im losing it from myself and every now and then ill notice it and get really down. im usually a quite positive person but this along with other things is really giving my convidence in everything a batterin

Hey mate,

Honestly, if your hair is anything like mine, there are only 2 options:

1) Do nothing and go bald, which is totally cool.

2) Start taking finasteride now before it thins right out.

In my experience Finasteride is a great drug. It's totally become part of my daily routine, and it's not a burden in the slightest. If I hadn't of started it when I did I'd be shaved head material by now. Instead my hair looks better than it did when I started. I totally feel proud as hell of my messy NW2 surfer hair, and I'm more confident with the ladies as ever before!

So, keep reading the forums (use the search function), check out other people's stories, read as much as possible, find an online pharmacy that ships to your country, and start taking Finasteride like I do. It might be 5 years before anything better comes out, but at least you'll save your hair in the meantime!

Good luck!

PS: Remember, you could alway just shave your head if you feel comfortable with that. There's a good chance of a way to regrow hair within the next 10 years anyway (by the time you're 28).

Jm0311

Reaction score
brentx said:
HelpMePlease said:

Hey mate,

Honestly, if your hair is anything like mine, there are only 2 options:

1) Do nothing and go bald, which is totally cool.

2) Start taking finasteride now before it thins right out.

In my experience Finasteride is a great drug. It's totally become part of my daily routine, and it's not a burden in the slightest. If I hadn't of started it when I did I'd be shaved head material by now. Instead my hair looks better than it did when I started. I totally feel proud as hell of my messy NW2 surfer hair, and I'm more confident with the ladies as ever before!

So, keep reading the forums (use the search function), check out other people's stories, read as much as possible, find an online pharmacy that ships to your country, and start taking Finasteride like I do. It might be 5 years before anything better comes out, but at least you'll save your hair in the meantime!

Good luck!

PS: Remember, you could alway just shave your head if you feel comfortable with that. There's a good chance of a way to regrow hair within the next 10 years anyway (by the time you're 28).

Congrats Bro!

Jonathan 89

Reaction score
hey just wondering if your still regrowing hair from finasteride? do you have more hair than you did in the sept 2008 pic? if you dont mind could you post a pic of your hair at the moment please? :)

im thinning the same way you were exept the front center part of my hairline is a bit gone, exept the back part of my hair is still thick so my hairstyle is kinda like clint eastwood's (which i think is pretty unique and cool :) )

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
NEW PICS & GOODBYE!

Alright, this is it..

Over the last few months people have been sending me masses of PMs asking for new pics, so here are a few. I've been OFF finasteride for a few months now due to laziness in reordering, so it may have thinned a little, not sure..

I'm also styling it different these days to show off my sexy receding hair line ;-)

Picture0001.jpg

Picture0003.jpg

Picture0004.jpg

Picture0002.jpg

Picture0005.jpg

Now, that's it, all done. Stop asking me for new photos you nutters! Getting photos from me is not going to make your hair grow! :punk:

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
thank you for your post

your success is an inspiration that why we like see your pics

you really stopped using finasteride because of an lack of motivation to re order it

still your hair looks good and no one would ever think your balding/receding

i hope it stays that way

once again thank you for posting

cheers mate

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Thats awesome, greeat results ..bravo. I have been on finasteride for about six months and I think it's working , how long was it before you saw regrowth, ps GET BACK ON finasteride ASAP.

Have I not already answered this question a couple of times already in this thread? How frustrating..

Aaaaaanyway, last time! I think things started getting noticeably better after 6 months, but nothing really life changing until 12. It's been over 2 years now, and I'm maintaining the thickening easily. It's pretty flat without any styling products, but it's been like that forever. I've got naturally thin hair.

BodyDysmorphic said:
thank you for your post

your success is an inspiration that why we like see your pics

you really stopped using finasteride because of an lack of motivation to re order it

still your hair looks good and no one would ever think your balding/receding

i hope it stays that way

once again thank you for posting

cheers mate

Thanks for the comments.

I didn't really quit out of laziness, it's just that I've lived in 4 different countries since starting finasteride, I've been travelling, I've been broke, my regular online pharmacy changed it's payment and shipping options, etc..

I kind of also wanted to test for side effects. I can now honestly report that finasteride has no negative effects on me, unless you call watery jizz negative.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Are the pics not showing up for anyone else or just me?

Good to see you floating round man, always good to hear updates from ya.
Aussie dominance :punk:

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
Are the pics not showing up for anyone else or just me?

Good to see you floating round man, always good to hear updates from ya.
Aussie dominance :punk:

Yeah it's a bit screwed up, not sure why. I've changed it.

Stop with that Aussie dominance stuff, Haha!

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Thats awesome, greeat results ..bravo. I have been on finasteride for about six months and I think it's working , how long was it before you saw regrowth, ps GET BACK ON finasteride ASAP.

Just thought I post a little reply to you. You were right, me quitting finasteride for 2 or so months was not good for my hair. My hair seems to have thinned out a bit. It sucks because I'm getting addicted to this forum again, which always leads me to freak out about sides and not responding anymore, etc..

I'm back on now and I'm confident it will get better again. It's not THAT bad at the moment, just not as good as before.

Let this be a lesson to those of you thinking of quitting for a few months, haha!

Cheers all!

Deathcab

Reaction score
[/quote]I kind of also wanted to test for side effects. I can now honestly report that finasteride has no negative effects on me, unless you call watery jizz negative.[/quote]

I sure dont. Its more fun and looks more impressive. Ha ha...

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude the title of your thread is "Life Changing Success With Finasteride!"

Why would you stop Finasteride?

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
PersonGuy said:

Mate, I was only off for 2 months, and my hair has only thinned a little. I just wanted to let the forum know. My life is still "changed" for the better since starting finasteride.

To be honest, I didn't really think about it much. I just didn't have much cash and I was in between permanent addresses (in 2 different countries).

It's all goooood brutha! :punk:

ethan

Reaction score
Awesome dude! Today is my 6th month on finasteride and you've made me really encouraged to stick with it! :D

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
brentx said:
PersonGuy said:

Mate, I was only off for 2 months, and my hair has only thinned a little. I just wanted to let the forum know. My life is still "changed" for the better since starting finasteride.

To be honest, I didn't really think about it much. I just didn't have much cash and I was in between permanent addresses (in 2 different countries).

It's all goooood brutha! :punk:

Oh I gotcha. Just so long as you didn't lose too much ground. I was really excited for you initially and I would have hated to see someone lose the success.

Who knows if anything this may be a good learning experience and you probably won't let it go that long again...lol.

Anyhow good luck with the continued regrowth.

souldoctor

Reaction score
Interesting, I've got a similar pattern of hair loss and had similar results with finasteride to you brent (in terms of the hairline from side and front pics), and I style it the same way to cover up receding temples.

Also the product you use and how you style it is quite important. medium length hair, with a thick matt clay like styling product works well for me, and you can make a little mohawk if you have enough length and thickness in the middle.

Problem is i'm 4 years in and i do still shed like mad on and off. In fact my hair is always shedding and regrowing ,it's very strange. Did you find that?

Also currently I'm a bit scared cos my temples/hairline has moved 'up and in' again..and i've had a nasty thinning shed..hoping it recovers like usual ...!