Life After Nw3: Hell Or Merely Purgatory?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeap. i love psychology, especially when i was diagnosed with anxiety back when i was 17

that made me look up psychosomatics and how much our states of mind continually influence our body. fascinating stuff.

just recently ive been having heart palpitations and it turns out just being aware of your heart can cause them. it literally activates a certain part of the nervous system, sh*t is crazy

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
fred, the trippy thing is that also applies to genetics

everyone is a fusion of two others, who are also fusions, and so on and so forth 0_o

btw zircon i dont mean to trash you calling you social darwinist. honestly i feel that way sometimes too. like people who are smarter and hotter are superior. however i still realize its wrong

i waver between that and my chill mode where im like " ah f*** it, the universe and everything in it is amazing" lol

but idk the latter just doesnt satisfy me in a visceral way like power, wealth, and beauty fantasies do haha, dem primal ego urges i guess, or maybe just covert narcissism. i obsess more over being perfect rather than superior. i wish everyone could be a winner

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
next year will get hair transplant, I had a conversation with mother she supported me completely and agreed that baldcel gene from father is sign of subhumanity

would do hair transplant neverthrless but still it is easier with support

I got zero support from my parents when I brought up the idea of a transplant to them. It was really disappointing, as there's not really anyone else on my life I'm comfortable bringing it up to.

I'm hoping when they realize I'm getting it regardless, they'll become more open to it.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not at all. I like to think I occupy a middle ground in the nature vs. nurture debate.

My parents were always of the notion that you were born a certain way and unlikely to ever change substantially from that.

Because extremely introverted and extremely extroverted people exist, many people believe in the idea that there is nothing you can really do about your personality and self-improvement, that this is pre-determined by looks and nothing will change it.

Extremely extroverted people most propagate the idea, as those are naturals with people are seen as having the "gift of the gab" or whatever, and this fuels the idea that you either got it, or you don't. And introverted people (possibly like yourself?) are somewhat convinced they can't, or are not allowed, to change.

As because it's likely you will feel uncomfortable in social situations, that is where you will be expected to stay, without the possibility of making baby steps. People with attitudes like your parents inadvertently keep others "in their box".

shookwun

Reaction score
Because extremely introverted and extremely extroverted people exist, many people believe in the idea that there is nothing you can really do about your personality and self-improvement, that this is pre-determined by looks and nothing will change it.

Extremely extroverted people most propagate the idea, as those are naturals with people are seen as having the "gift of the gab" or whatever, and this fuels the idea that you either got it, or you don't. And introverted people (possibly like yourself?) are somewhat convinced they can't, or are not allowed, to change.

As because it's likely you will feel uncomfortable in social situations, that is where you will be expected to stay, without the possibility of making baby steps. People with attitudes like your parents inadvertently keep others "in their box".
There are also people who exist between being both introverts:extroverts in personality.

I believe the only importance that contributes in social gathering would be how much energy you drive from the discussion you are in.

I was an extrovert my entire life, an still am under the right situations. However I become an introvert when I am feeling very low of my appearance, and self-esteem. Anxiety will cause this.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was an extrovert my entire life, an still am under the right situations. However I become an introvert when I am feeling very low of my appearance, and self-esteem. Anxiety will cause this.

Losing your hair will definitely do this to you. I used to love having guests over, not any more. Even going to dinner with my family is a sickening situation to me. My brother got friggin married and I was anxious the entire drive there. Walking outside without a hat gives me anxiety. this is what disfiguration does to a person.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are also people who exist between being both introverts:extroverts in personality.

Yes this is exactly what I'm saying, and not only that these people exist but they are the vast majority of people, and therefore we are all capable of changing towards one end of the spectrum or drift away from it. One extreme or the other is a rare case, f*** Katharine, f*** Isabel.

shookwun

Reaction score
Yes this is exactly what I'm saying, and not only that these people exist but they are the vast majority of people, and therefore we are all capable of changing towards one end of the spectrum or drift away from it. One extreme or the other is a rare case, f*** Katharine, f*** Isabel.
It all falls down to how much energy:dopamine you derive out of a social situation.

This is my theory behind women also. If a women doesn't like what she sees, chances are she will just passively talk and one word. However, if a women likes you they keep jabbering on about topics, and discussions.

I remember going for a piss test, and hearing this broad and dude go at it for like twenty minutes while I was in the waiting room. All this dude kept saying was 'yee' 'oh' ''mhmm'' . Lol bro, when a chick likes you... they just bring in the storm of topics, and you go along with it. our fathers didn't lie when they said let the women do the talking

Walks out and hes like 6'3, jacked with a full head of hair.

Our genetics influence how responsive someone is to us. Non-work related, because we are not allowed to 'discriminate'

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember going for a piss test, and hearing this broad and dude go at it for like twenty minutes while I was in the waiting room. All this dude kept saying was 'yee' 'oh' ''mhmm'' . Lol bro, when a chick likes you... they just bring in the storm of topics, and you go along with it. our fathers didn't lie when they said let the women do the talking

Walks out and hes like 6'3, jacked with a full head of hair.

Iw_PNRJ.gif

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If we are looking at this from a visceral standpoint, then I would concede that our personality has the capacity for transformation.
Conversely perhaps, like our binary, largely apparent other half eg: certain body types/body molding techniques?

Can true change be achieved?
Profiling and polling admixed determinants into our premise, such as general people attitudes, interests often tends to foster conflicting feedback,
and maybe further solidifies personalities dynamic constitution.

Yet maybe at it's core, human personality is mostly a genetically wired construct,
that will respond predictably to non-specific, and more subjective oriented,
environmental/social influences,
rather than less frequently 'actualizing' paradigmatic conversions.?

From a macrocosmic vantage stance.
I would argue only (amicably) that the telling origin(s) of our familial traits ( phenotypes)
can be moderately trace outside our hereditary circle and if one should follow the line,
they will invariably find that it passes through our neighbors family room, etc..

Although we are a family of strangers, we are a family who concentrically shares comparable-like core personality simplexes/complexes.
Like observed body type parallels, across the dynamic human spectrum, personality is superimposed in our DNA.

Now in our travels we meet enough strangers who exhibit a striking resemblance (personality-wise) to an identifiable relative of ours.
Still I have yet to receive a surprise family reunion invitation from any one of them. :(

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will have to go to work with this haircut and cannot withdraw myself from society. People will essentially see me go from a full head of bad hair to nearly bald. Including someone I'm dating. I've already prepared her for it but I'm still uncertain whether she'll be able to handle the shock.

I'm a bit concerned about this myself come transplant time. Per surgeon's orders I'll be dropping minoxidil 1 month prior to surgery, so that's a hit right there. I'm also thinking a short haircut leading up to the procedure might be best. The longer the hair before the procedure, the more shocked people are going to be when your head is buzzed. I don't want everyone asking me to take off my hat so they can see my buzz cut...it'll soften the blow if they're already somewhat adjusted to you with short hair.

Are you taking any significant time off work for your procedure? I'm in a good position right now where I'm just going to school and I don't have to work (the gi bill is amazing). I don't have clinicals until next summer, I'm pretty sure that's the first time after my transplant I'll be required to be in public without a hat. It'll be around the 6 month mark, so I should be mostly healed up with some new growth coming through

shookwun

Reaction score
I just styled my hair, and fealt realy good about myself.

Funny how the anxiety starts to go away.

Yet comes back when you feel like sh*t.

pills are not a solution.

only solution is hair.

Deal with it.

shookwun

Reaction score
If you watched that episode in season in the dark, he mentions how he believes he will be the right fit because they have rely good chemistry, and had great discussion of topics & similar interests. He feels like she is the one.

I forget what she mentions about him, but it was the complete opposite how she fealt about there 'connection'

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you watched that episode in season in the dark, he mentions how he believes he will be the right fit because they have rely good chemistry, and had great discussion of topics & similar interests. He feels like she is the one.

I forget what she mentions about him, but it was the complete opposite how she fealt about there 'connection'

I saw the episode, it used to be on youtube, it got taken down. But she felt the same until she saw him. Shocking, right?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Not really, you could also believe that about me, but as a matter of fact, I've always been the same person.

My oversensitivity that I believe was responsible for my social anxiety is still there.

And there's nothing I can do to not "feel" everything as intensively as I do. That's genetic.

I agree. I'm like that too; I feel everything intensively and I'm certain it's genetic. I can't change even if I wanted to. Hair loss takes a toll on everybody I believe, especially when you experience it young. But for someone like me, who obsess over certain things, I've taken it so much harder, to the point of thinking about hair loss literally 24/7 and crying about it every day. It has gotten better since I started on antidepressants though. But it will always haunt me and make my life hell. I will never truly recover from this.