Leimo vs revivogen... do they work

djb

Reaction score
Hello again,

After many weeks of research, Ive come down to these two.

I tried minoxidil but the side effects did not seem normal for me and didnt get better, so I went off it. Im too afraid to use finasteride because the side effects and my doctor advised against it. I just started with nizoral 1%.

I have mild alopecia, didnt even notice it till a few months ago. Anyway ive been to a few hair loss clinics and they give me the usual speil about how their products have no side effects and competitors dont work, I just think theyre all peddling the same things, for ridiculous prices.

Anyway, I dont want to pay some middle-man $2000 for what looks exactly like revivogen and leimo, off the shelf.

The cost does not concern me, I just want to know if these actually work. You cant trust the testimonials on their websites, Im just looking for *some* real, positive honest reviews of these products.

the leimo is about 2x the cost of revivogen for one year, but it comes with the laser comb. I'm aware that I'm probably being sold a $10 laser for $800, but ill pay it if it actually does work to an extent, I dont want to just do nothing anymore, but i wont pay the ridiculous sums that these hair clinics want, for shampoos and laser treatment.

So um, any reviews of these products would help me greatly... I think these are the only option I will go with as I narrow down the list.

---

Oh also, rather important to me. Im concerned about the actual action of these supposed DHT inhibitor shampoos. From what I understand, its the dht total destruction by finasteride, which makes it potentially damaging. so isnt using shampoos which claim to have the same action, albeit far less potent, a risk of similar side effects over time? How can one method reduce dht with side effects, while another can somehow do so, with no side effects?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
What the hell is "leimo"?? :dunno:

You might also consider Dr. Proctor's products (Prox-N and Proxiphen). He says that Proxiphen is "unquestionably more effective than Propecia", and contains ingredients which are exclusively associated with him. Those things are expensive, but are probably the best available treatments. Proxiphen requires a doctor's prescription, and is the most expensive of all. Prox-N is OTC (over the counter), and is less expensive.

Jacob

Reaction score
And Bryan is back again shilling the Proctor potions. Basically the same post he always posts when pushing the crap. Ever notice how spammers do that, and continue to do so even when they're called on it?

Neither Bryan nor Dr. Proctor have any evidence to support the claims they make. The products have been around for 15+ years..with Bryan pushing them, with the same claims and same before/afters..for 15 + years.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
LOL "Tom and Jerry" are at it again......................................... :whistle:

Jacob

Reaction score
And it'd be funny as a cartoon if it were....well..actually funny. I guess it is funny that he thinks we're so stupid that he can just keep spamming with the same crap over and over..even when called on it. But its' sad..and sick...and unethical...that he does so and gets away with it..for 15+ years.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Bryan said:
What the hell is "leimo"?? :dunno:

You might also consider Dr. Proctor's products (Prox-N and Proxiphen). He says that Proxiphen is "unquestionably more effective than Propecia", and contains ingredients which are exclusively associated with him. Those things are expensive, but are probably the best available treatments. Proxiphen requires a doctor's prescription, and is the most expensive of all. Prox-N is OTC (over the counter), and is less expensive.

Bryan, I don't think he was asking about Proctor's products. Hint: Wait until they ask about Proctor's products and then chime in with your very familiar spiel about Proctor's products.

To the OP, right now I am using Revivogen, Proxiphen, Propecia and the very expensive Laser Cap and I quit using additional minoxidil over 4 or 5 months ago and my hair still is doing great. The hairline is still diffusely thin and I have some more recession but I can tell you my hair thickened up the most after 3 months on the Laser Cap. That was the only thing I did different other than stop minoxidil. As of now, my shedding has really decreased alot but it could be a cycle too. I would recommend Propecia first, Proxiphen second, Revivogen, third and the Laser Cap last. Minoxidil did help me but the sides were not good. My skin looked worse, facial swelling, water retention and irritated eyes. I am glad I weaned myself off of it. I think it did offset some thinning but I think what I am doing now is doing just as good without the minoxidil sides. I have accepted the fact by now none of these treatments can save a receding hairline but it can slow things down. I can still pull off a "full head of hair" and people think I am insane when I tell them I want a hair transplant to thicken up my hairline.

Jacob

Reaction score
Glad you like the Laser Cap...and seeing such results..but then why is that your last recommendation if you've seen the most while using it? Let's pretend money isn't an issue.

You could substitute Prox for any number of patent-enhanced, doctor cooked up..topical. I still cannot get over the lack of evidence for the products and what they contain..especially given that Bryan runs around demanding such evidence from others.

I'm still also confused by Revivogen and what they used to say it contained/used and what they say now. Still a decent list of ingreds..and I don't think they make crazy claims like Proctor.

(I can now see newbies doing just that..asking about Proxiphen and NANO etc :woot: )

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I think Proxiphen gave me regrowth where as the Laser Cap just helped thicken things up, so I consider regrowth more important.

Jacob

Reaction score
Seeing that you've been using Prox since 2007...you shouldn't have to be using anything else...given the claims being made about it :whistle:

An interesting thread from 2010: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=57715&st=0&sk=t&sd=a And that's all I'll say about it... :whistle: ..although I will quote a post from dougfunny..which is funny:
You do realize that it is possible to be a scam artist and hold an MD and a PhD. In fact there is nothing unusual about this combination.

djb

Reaction score
Umm thanks guys, but im in australia and dont want to have to import drugs, Id like to stick with whats available here.

im definitely not touching propecia or any generic finasteride and no longer using minoxidil.

This thread is solely regarding leimo/revivogen products (since they appear to be very similar) and a laser comb. If anyone knows of positive benefits from using either of these treatments id like to know, all i can find so far are paid-for reviews on websites you cant trust, or yahoo answers reviews (not that I dont love yahoo answers, but this is a bit more of a serious issue to me :p) There are 'salons' that you basically rent those laser helmets from, but theyre freakin expensive, for potentially the same effect as a laser comb.

as long as these treatments do SOMETHING, then ill be able to sleep ok over it.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Bryan, I don't think he was asking about Proctor's products. Hint: Wait until they ask about Proctor's products and then chime in with your very familiar spiel about Proctor's products.

The OP appeared to be asking about a variety of different products. What's wrong with mentioning something else that he may not even be aware of? He may be a good responder to Proxiphen, and be delighted that I told him about it.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
djb said:
This thread is solely regarding leimo/revivogen products (since they appear to be very similar) and a laser comb.

I'm asking you for the SECOND TIME: what the hell is "leimo"?? :dunno:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
How much commission do you make on Dr. Proctors products?

I don't make ANY "commission" on Dr. Proctor's products. Not one red cent.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Do you have a sexual relationship with him?

Something that his wife doesn't know about? :)

djb

Reaction score
Bryan, not that I dont appreciate input, but

"Proxiphen is a prescription-only solution that contains Minoxidil"

I did state that this thread is about leimo vs revivogen, and that i am not considering minoxidil. so no on both counts there :x

Also, leimo...
http://www.leimo.com.au/

not sure what the US site is. but i know revivogen is in USA and they appear to be the same thing, minus the laser comb.

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Bryan said:
finfighter said:

I don't make ANY "commission" on Dr. Proctor's products. Not one red cent.

Do you have a sexual relationship with him?

:uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol:

Jacob

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Bryan said:
DoctorHouse said:

The OP appeared to be asking about a variety of different products. What's wrong with mentioning something else that he may not even be aware of? He may be a good responder to Proxiphen, and be delighted that I told him about it.

As I've mentioned before it may not even have to do with $...and not the other thing you mentioned :shock: Wouldn't believe him anyway..if he said "no" to everything anyone could bring up.

I should also mention in this thread..Bryan doesn't even use Proctor's crap himself...nor has he in 15+ years.

Jacob

Reaction score
djb said:

I did state that this thread is about leimo vs revivogen, and that i am not considering minoxidil. so no on both counts there :x

Also, leimo...

not sure what the US site is. but i know revivogen is in USA and they appear to be the same thing, minus the laser comb.

You're probably right about it being the same thing. I couldn't find a complete ingreds list but did find this: "Some of the active ingredients found in the Leimo wet products are Gamma Linolenic acid, Alpha Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Azaleic Acid, Vitamin B and Procyanidin Oligomers and Zinc." Nothing special about either product imo..and Revivogen is another line that has been around for probably decades. I think the latest thing they added was caffeine(2nd or 3rd monkeying with the formula after saying they wouldn't change a thing because it works so well) which is also in other products, but they seem to have taken the liposomal delivery system out..if it ever used that in the first place. Maybe they've put the liposomal info back on the website etc..didn't see it though :dunno:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
djb said:

I doubt that the minoxidil in Proxiphen even does very much, which is something I've talked about on other occasions. You were rather vague about the "problem" you thought you were having before with minoxidil, but I think you'd be wise to consider the use of Proxiphen, which attacks the problem of male pattern baldness with technology that's almost exclusively associated with Dr. Proctor. He's been researching this problem for decades, and knows what he's talking about.

djb said:
Also, leimo...

The similarity between "Leimo" and Revivogen appears to me to be rather superficial. I certainly wouldn't risk a great deal of money on Leimo, when the legitimate work of a true doctor/scientist is out there, waiting to be used.