Reaction score
Trust me..you don't have to tell me who IH is..and his history :shock:

:)

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jh said:
hairhoper said:
House, you're the only poster I've ever seen who has a good word to say about revivogen, proxiphen and.. lasers...

Revivogen, Proxiphen, Tricomin, spironolactone Cream all go in my semi-snakeoil category. They won't save your hair, you won't find a single post by anyone who has done so using one of these treatments alone.

Every time Revivogen is discussed on here, inevitably, someone claims "There hasn't been one poster on here who ever had success with revivogen."

Not true.

I've maintained for the past 6 years using Revivogen and minoxidil.

Do you have a picture thread? Certainly that's exceptional from my internet trawl if true.

jh said:
Admin on this site maintained for a while using revivogen and spironolactone. This site even conducted a 6 month survey of revivogen users and found about 80% of users thought it worked.

I remember looking into that survey and was not the slightest bit convinced. If I remember rightly very few people responded to the survey and Hairlosstalk clearly had a massive conflict of interest due to the fact they sell the stuff.

jh said:
Back in the old days, when posters seemed genuinely interested in helping one another, Michael Barry tested revivogen among other substances on his wrist hair. He posted, if I'm not mistaken, that it was responsible for the greatest reduction in body hair of anything tested. (This is a good thing with respect to it slowing/stopping hairloss, by the way).

John
Great but that is still not remotely convincing.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MJUK said:
hairhoper said:
None of that stuff is proven to stop hairloss or regrow it in male pattern baldness sufferers and as such it is a massive gamble that any of those products will do anything for male pattern baldness.

They may increase the quality of your remaining hair, and your health (though to what degree is impossible to quantify, a statement like 'a very positive effect on your overall health' is meaningless).

MJUK said:
Inflammation is considered to be a key part in male pattern baldness and is the cause of the 'itch' we have.

That has not been proven, so please don't state it like a fact.

I think it has been widely reported that inflammation is a key component. See the Nizoral studies.

The Nizoral studies are weak at best. As far as I remember they also do not say anything along the lines of 'the male pattern baldness itch is caused by inflammation'.

MJUK said:
As I said, I have been using them and would take them even without male pattern baldness. I wouldn't use them instead of the big three but alongside. It has been about 4 months since I started and my hair is really good. I was diffused thinning but it seems to have thickened up all over.

Do you have any pictures? Are you using these treatments alone?

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
hairhoper said:
Do you have a picture thread? Certainly that's exceptional from my internet trawl if true.

No. But I'm sure we can agree that a non-existent picture thread of the back of my head isn't the same as the absence of a "single post" supporting revivogen.

hairhoper said:
I remember looking into that survey and was not the slightest bit convinced. If I remember rightly very few people responded to the survey and Hairlosstalk clearly had a massive conflict of interest due to the fact they sell the stuff.

Fair enough.

hairhoper said:
jh said:
Back in the old days, when posters seemed genuinely interested in helping one another, Michael Barry tested revivogen among other substances on his wrist hair. He posted, if I'm not mistaken, that it was responsible for the greatest reduction in body hair of anything tested. (This is a good thing with respect to it slowing/stopping hairloss, by the way).

John
Great but that is still not remotely convincing.

Again, fair enough. But the problem I ran into when I was sorting out treaments for myself was deciding: What is convincing? Your odds of minoxidil working are about the same as flipping a coin; a minority of Propecia users continued to lose hair, while a minority on placebo maintained or grew hair. Does that sound convincing? Are chemicals tested on monkey scalps convincing? I honestly don't know. Unfortunately, we all have to determine our own standards of proof. Sounds like you have different standards than I.

Good luck with your treatments.

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
I used revivigen for a year and it didn't do anything. Waste of time. Should have started on the big 3 immediately.