Lactoferrin As A Promoter Of Hair Growth

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LEF's is apolactoferrin, maybe it is important for it to have iron. I don't know.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Great find HairOnFire

Looking at using this - below looks v interesting from a WNT signalling perspective.

However, how are all looking to use 200mg/ml - the solubility in water is only 10mg/ml

https://www.google.com/search?q=lac...1.69i57j0l5.3175j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

upload_2019-5-7_11-48-5.png

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great find HairOnFire

Looking at using this - below looks v interesting from a WNT signalling perspective.

However, how are all looking to use 200mg/ml - the solubility in water is only 10mg/ml

https://www.google.com/search?q=lac...1.69i57j0l5.3175j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

View attachment 118660
Solubility is not always defined as max mg/ml.
There are no strict rules.
Even if it does not reach 200,
what matters is mg of protein per square cm per day
So multiple sprays along the day would be ok.
It is water based and sideless so totally manageable

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you want to use it topically ?
LF is a protein.
Protein have large molecular weight...

LF : 80 kDA ! so 80 000Da !

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks
Solubility is not always defined as max mg/ml.
There are no strict rules.
Even if it does not reach 200,
what matters is mg of protein per square cm per day
So multiple sprays along the day would be ok.
It is water based and sideless so totally manageable

Thanks for your thoughts.

if you see the data in my post, the impact to WNT seems proportionally dose dependent.

If you are only able to dissolve 10mg per mg then only that dissolved amount per ml will be possible to enter the follicle via the hair shaft (mode of entry into the scalp as per the paper). Solid protein suspended in a solution isnt going to do what we need it to.

You could put 20ml on your head each day, but i would question efficiency and practicality (anything over 2ml of water tends to run off your scalp).

I've found one of the researcher's email and have asked him for guidance on vehicle, concentration, solubility considerations, form of lactoferrin (vs Apolactoferrin) to use. Will post if i get a reply.

Mr.Sprinkles79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you want to use it topically ?
LF is a protein.
Protein have large molecular weight...

LF : 80 kDA ! so 80 000Da !
yeah i saw that too.. im i missing something?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah i saw that too.. im i missing something?
This is because lactoferrin despite being massive can still enter the skin taking advantage of the hair follicles which are basically tunnels in the skin

The paper itself explains this phenomenon

This is the same principle of Korean topical NGF from celino

Their Proteins and factors which are very large still enter the skin and cause effect

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So, how and when do we get that shirt? Is there a hairloss product about to be launched or what? Thanks!

dietcoke1987

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks

Thanks for your thoughts.

if you see the data in my post, the impact to WNT seems proportionally dose dependent.

If you are only able to dissolve 10mg per mg then only that dissolved amount per ml will be possible to enter the follicle via the hair shaft (mode of entry into the scalp as per the paper). Solid protein suspended in a solution isnt going to do what we need it to.

You could put 20ml on your head each day, but i would question efficiency and practicality (anything over 2ml of water tends to run off your scalp).

I've found one of the researcher's email and have asked him for guidance on vehicle, concentration, solubility considerations, form of lactoferrin (vs Apolactoferrin) to use. Will post if i get a reply.

You bring that up as if it's an issue that magically was different for the researchers. Sounds like they just made a slurry and applied it. Also I brought it up earlier, this is perfect to pair with microneedling. Not just weekly treatments but in combination everytime for enhanced penetration using 0.25mm depth prior to application nightly for example. So if 10mg a ml is max solubility as you say in addition to dermaneedling that may already be enough if not 50-100mg a ml might be an idea and just shake prior to use. I can't see 200mg/ml practical to use if it's thick enough to hinder application different from any other normal liquid topical. Also dermaneedling isn't the only means of increasing penetration. Here are other potential options. Needle-less injection for example perhaps, one can get a needle-less injection mesotherapy gun on ebay for like 30 USD from china.

https://www.longdom.org/open-access/penetration-enhancement-techniques-1920-4159-1000235.pdf

keephoping

Reaction score
Can someone write up an explanation on how to go about putting together the solution at home in very very basic terms for the non-chemists here. Thank you very very much in advance.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not just put the content of the capsules in the shampoo?
We dont know if lactoferrin can tolerate detergents. Most proteins cant.

For now water based solutions are the first option

If you take it orally the gut will disassemble the protein with some remaining activity in the gut but few to none in the hair follicle.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks for the response. At this point are we just trying to dissolve in water and give it a shot?
that's exactly what they did with the mice