Kythera Acquires Rights to PGD2 Inhibitor

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah alas, the good ol "4-5 years". That's what they always say. I hope you are right.

Well, this time its actually possible, lol. This is basically the same situation with Merck and Proscar; Finasteride was first approved for BPH in 1992. It was then approved for male pattern baldness 5 years later. This is basically the same situation.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't read through all the posts on this, but how effective is this, does it reverse hairloss or what is it expected to do?

and btw is there any news on replicel or anything else, all I hear are crickets, not the sound of success to me.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, this time its actually possible, lol. This is basically the same situation with Merck and Proscar; Finasteride was first approved for BPH in 1992. It was then approved for male pattern baldness 5 years later. This is basically the same situation.

Hellouser , I notice you always not optimistic about that 5 year possibility of cure and in most cases you are right I guess , So would you please tell me what makes you this time to make a thread about that and be more optimistic , Why ? Thanks

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hellouser , I notice you always not optimistic about that 5 year possibility of cure and in most cases you are right I guess , So would you please tell me what makes you this time to make a thread about that and be more optimistic , Why ? Thanks

You just quoted my reasons.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes I know you're optimistic about that and thats why you made a thread , But My point is whats the reason behind that? Is that because of the Cotsarelis history or PGD2 blocker which you think its a key point ? Whats the difference for you?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I know you're optimistic about that and thats why you made a thread , But My point is whats the reason behind that? Is that because of the Cotsarelis history or PGD2 blocker which you think its a key point ? Whats the difference for you?

Well... im not 100% sure its going to work as we all hope, BUT, yeah, for the most part because its based on the work of Dr. Cotsarelis.

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
How one would possibly want to block a prostagladin systemically? Unless you have to for a profound reason. This is not just a nonsense molecule floating around in your body for no reason..

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
How one would possibly want to block a prostagladin systemically? Unless you have to for a profound reason. This is not just a nonsense molecule floating around in your body for no reason..

It seems like the inhibition of DHT seems like a good tradeoff for the thousands of men that are on finasteride.... you don't think PGD2 could be disposed of as well?

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
It seems like the inhibition of DHT seems like a good tradeoff for the thousands of men that are on finasteride.... you don't think PGD2 could be disposed of as well?
I am only guessing here and I think that PGD2 is more important - if involved in the immune response, if I understand it right. But we shall see. But what is the difference to OC then?

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
I am only guessing here and I think that PGD2 is more important - if involved in the immune response, if I understand it right. But we shall see. But what is the difference to OC then?

I'm thinking there might be a patented delivery method involved. I was searching around, and I found out that Kythera has another drug called ATX 101. ATX is the only effective drug on the market for getting rid of double chin. It does this by specifically 'targeting' fat cells. If SET is similar to other PGD2 inhibitors, it would have to be a proprietary way of using it.

P.S. ATX 101 isn't actually on the market yet. It's in trials as well.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's passed Phase III trials and is going to be approved by the FDA no later than July 2015.

Actually, I hate to side track my own thread, lol, but those injections on the chin look AWESOME! Results are amazing.. I wonder if the injections can be made for belly fat =D

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
Kythera's to do list for 2015

1) Cure Double Chin...Done!
2) Cure Hair Loss
3) Cure Hellouser's Belly fat problem

I remain optimistic about this treatment. I also plan on bypassing the traditional FDA waiting period as soon as I find out how it's administered.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
inb4 "omg we accidentaly destroyed 100% pgd2 and we killed the trial guy" lol

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually, I hate to side track my own thread, lol, but those injections on the chin look AWESOME! Results are amazing.. I wonder if the injections can be made for belly fat =D
Where did you see pictures of results?

- - - Updated - - -

I remain optimistic about this treatment. I also plan on bypassing the traditional FDA waiting period as soon as I find out how it's administered.
For some reason, I, too, feel optimistic about this treatment. This company can't rely solely on ATX-101 to be their money producer. I know we all hear the 'five years' statement, but I actually believe we will see Setipiprant come out within the next five years.

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
How long before Kane comes out with this? We need to trial this asap. Should know within a year if it works, if we obtain legit Set.

Why not just take OC orally? Its readily available from Kane.

Also, there is a CRTH2 antagonist being trialed in dogs for atopic dermatatis. Whats the protocol for drug approval in animals. It can be used by humans

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
Whats the protocol for drug approval in animals. It can be used by humans

Try it and see if the animal dies, basically. Otherwise it would have blood samples taken and then be killed for dissection to examine the effects of the drug on organ function and histology.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try it and see if the animal dies, basically. Otherwise it would have blood samples taken and then be killed for dissection to examine the effects of the drug on organ function and histology.

Minoxidil can kill cats but isn't lethal on humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you see pictures of results?

Dont remember, it may have been on their website.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score

Ok thanks man , Now you answered my question ! lol , I got very good regrowth with my new regimen and I would post my pics in to forum , But I just want to wait for my timeline reach the 4 months , what do you think about Baicalin ?