Kythera Acquires Rights to PGD2 Inhibitor

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Big news!

http://globenewswire.com/news-relea...r-Potential-Novel-Treatment-of-Hair-Loss.html

KYTHERA Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:KYTH) today announced that it has entered into separate license agreements with Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd. and the University of Pennsylvania for a novel approach for the treatment of hair loss, which together could enable KYTHERA to bring a new treatment to the very large and still highly unsatisfied hair loss market.

AWESOME :)

These observations are potentially the most innovative new thinking in hair loss over the last two decades (Think Propecia). Setipriprant is believed to directly affect this hair loss pathway, and our own preclinical and in vitro human hair models confirmed this effect. It is a well-characterized molecule with a large safety database and we believe we can quicklyinitiate a development program to study it in hair loss. Putting these two pieces of the puzzle together is ideal and represents an example of our approach to scientifically sound and efficient drug development.

"... Actelion will be eligible to receive up to $27 million in potential development and regulatory milestones, as well as royalties on sales if setipiprant is successfully commercialized.."

Perhaps we could get our hands on the stuff via black market before the clinical trials need to be finished?

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
Perhaps we could get our hands on the stuff via black market before the clinical trials need to be finished?

Thanks for sharing. I can't find this stuff anywhere lol! Anybody got any ideas?

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
awesome. Will anyone guess how long it will take before their trails are done and they start to sell this stuff?

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
So why nobody didn't say anything about this stuff? and it announced finally today!

Does it want to go to that damn FDA process ? Do you think we cae n have an access to that?

I Believe PGD2 can solve Some hairloss secrets , Thanks for share Hellouser.

- - - Updated - - -

So why nobody didn't say anything about this stuff? and it announced finally today!

Does it want to go to that damn FDA process ? Do you think we cae n have an access to that?

I Believe PGD2 can solve Some hairloss secrets , Thanks for share Hellouser.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Thats probably the mysterious pgd2 inhibitor Cotsarelis was talking about...

There are more potent PGD2 in. on market so why is setipiprant so special. No in vivo studies yet. The way I see it, they are spinning failed allergies&astma trials, blowing share prices... and the presentation is ridiculous. Cotsarelis is a sell off, a tool... been suspecting this for a long time now.

"Two recently concluded studies with the first orally-active CRTH2 antagonist, setipiprant, in asthma (Phase IIb) and seasonal allergic rhinitis (Phase III profiling) did not confirm efficacy findings made in earlier studies. Accordingly, clinical development with this well-tolerated agent in these indications is being discontinued"

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
There are more potent PGD2 in. on market so why is setipiprant so special. No in vivo studies yet. The way I see it, they are spinning failed allergies&astma trials, blowing share prices... and the presentation is ridiculous. Cotsarelis is a a sell off, a tool... been suspecting this for a long time now.

Thank you for sharing this wisdom. I look forward to the superior treatment that you will design instead.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
They were mainly talking about their other cosmetic product. Only said a few words about PGD2.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

maher

Banned
Reaction score
They know they can sell the sh*t out of this product.. They can market it as a new breakthrought innovative Androgenetic Alopecia treatment..This will get approved by FDA with no problem.
What would I like to know is why is setipriprant so different(with exception they're owning the patent) from other PGD2 inhibitors on market.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
They know they can sell the sh*t out of this product.. They can market it a a new breakthrought innovative Androgenetic Alopecia treatment..This will get approved by FDA with no problem.
What would I like to know is why is setipriprant so different(with exception they're owning the patent) from other PGD2 inhibitors on market.

OC is owned by Oxagen and no other company has rights to manufacture, use or sell OC anywhere in the world. Hence, SET got chosen. I wouldnt be surprised if it was the best candidate as per Cotsarelis' advice, but then again, its been chosen after 2 years of work.

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
There are more potent PGD2 in. on market so why is setipiprant so special.
This. Why the fuss. Use OC or if you want to get away cheap: NDGA. It has to work via topical route anyway.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This. Why the fuss. Use OC or if you want to get away cheap: NDGA. It has to work via topical route anyway.

OC hasn't done anything for anyone and the stuff from Kane is suspicious anyway. So.... why the fuss over OC? Noone has ever posted godlike results from it...

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like SET will be an oral pill. Does anyone know from any of the information posted so far what the amount needs to be? Is it 1mg or 5mg like Finasteride?

- - - Updated - - -

Open access paper on SET:

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs40268-013-0031-7

Looks like they took 1g dosage of it. Any chance that if Kythera jumps into Phase 2A trials they'll be forced to use the same amount?

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Well this is good news regardless but its going to be hell to find legit Set to test it ourselves. Seems we can't trust any seller these days.

People should be posting their photos regardless if they got regrowth or not from OC. At least it will be some results, maybe not positive ones.

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow. This is awesome news.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. This is awesome news. Upon looking at Kythera's product pipeline, I did not see anything about setipiprant. Any insight on this?

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to take a stab at why they are deciding to go the oral route instead of topically? My guess is that Set works orally for hair loss, topical is messy, easier by popping a pill, more money to be made! All speculation of course! Haha